Homosexuals say they didn't identify as homosexual until after sexually molested

I will give you a hint the article states the study should not be cited.

"The clear implication in this discussion section is that the frequency of homosexual identification was a consequence of the abuse. However, in the table which reported the data regarding timing of identification, the authors report the same percentage of males who reported identification as gay before the abuse."

Discrepancies in the Study relate to the timing of molestation - b4 or after , and the premise that the entire study should be discounted is a premise that flounders on thin ice.

"Sexual abuse is a profoundly disruptive experience for many people and may contribute to a variety of negative outcomes in adulthood. Finding appropriate clinical and ministry responses may be clouded by focusing on the trauma as a cause of same-sex attraction."

In addition the article is written by Warren Throckmorton who has been denounced by many colleagues. He is a Gay apologist, once active in conversion therapy , once active in Christian activism and a very confused person in General.

The fact remains a fact , that despite efforts by queer activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains a strong connection between the two. The evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners.

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious academic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

One in five girls are molested while only one in 20 boys are molested.
http://www.victimsofcrime.org/media/reporting-on-child-sexual-abuse/child-sexual-abuse-statistics

Using your logic, we should just criminalize all men.
And provide a link stating homosexuals are more likely to molest.

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

Only one in 20 boys are molested...

But every one of them that is molested is molested by a homosexual.

Go figure.

All the factual studies on homosexuality are debunked by pro-homo lobbyists.

There's actually a study on that.

Go figure.

One in five girls are molested, all done by heterosexual men. Go figure.

All the factual studies on homosexuality are debunked by pro-homo lobbyists.

There's actually a study on that.

Anyone who doesn't support your controlled, agenda pushing studies is pro homo I am guessing.

Go figure.

One in five girls are molested, all done by heterosexual men. Go figure.

Actually 6% of children male or female are molested by women, so we can take those out of equation but you can still get my point.

Apparently , you're not following the thread and links provided. Or is this just another Gay-Liberal uninformed Drive-By

You mean the link in the OP that even states the study is flawed?
And I think the uniformed is trying to make the argument sexual abuse makes someone gay.
Read the whole article in the OP, then get back to me.

It's also a failed attempt by the OP to justify discriminating against gay Americans.

Sure, Luser, whatever you say. It's vastly pertinent, always.

Don't worry, at this late date, you are not likely to be born homosexual.

"
The 10th research question addressed, of homosexual women who were molested, what percentage were molested before self-identification as a homosexual woman and what percentage were molested after self-identification as a homosexual woman? Of homosexual women who were molested, 62% were molested before self-identification as a homosexual woman, and 38% were molested after self-identification as a homosexual woman."

A major study of child abuse and homosexuality revisited

They apparently are born gay AFTER they're molested by an older gay person.

You're not very smart, are you? You find this silly thing to prove a point, probably that them dere queers ain't borned homersexual...

yet the piece you cite actually debunks the study!

Something is not right here. The numbers for females add up to 100% but the male numbers are contradictory. If the table is correct, then the case for causation from this study is somewhat compromised. The table indicates that 68% of men identified as homosexual before their molestation experience.

My colleague Gary Welton and I first discovered this discrepancy nearly three years ago while preparing a scholarly article on the effects sizes of various suggested correlates of homosexuality (one which will be published later this year or early next year). At that time, I contacted Donald Templer, one of the co-authors and advisor to first author Marie Tomeo. I then contacted him again recently in preparation for this post. He has been unable to locate Dr. Tomeo to get clarification. I hope Dr. Tomeo can at some point clarify these matters.

more...

The bottom line is that the study should not be cited until a follow up correction can be made. The main results — gays report more abuse than straights — may indeed be correct, given the similarity to past studies. However, I do not believe any inferences about causation should be made. Without the actual surveys, there is no way a reader can figure out the results from the journal article and/or the dissertation.

One final thought, the research on sexual abuse among GLBT populations is often misused to make inferences about causation. There are many reasons why this line of research is important but causation is not at the top. Sexual abuse is a profoundly disruptive experience for many people and may contribute to a variety of negative outcomes in adulthood. Finding appropriate clinical and ministry responses may be clouded by focusing on the trauma as a cause of same-sex attraction.

They're talking about homosexuals molesting same sex adolescent kids...and after the molestation, those kids who weren't homosexual before, suddenly realized they ARE homos, after all.

What a remarkable coincidence!

No wonder the homos are increasingly targeting middle schools.

Forum List

Back