Homosexuality is declining

Uh........dude.......the Victorians WERE repressed!

Victorian morality is a distillation of the moral views of people living at the time of Queen Victoria (reigned 1837 - 1901) in particular, and to the moral climate of Great Britain throughout the 19th century in general that were in stark contrast to the morality of the previous Georgian period. It is not tied to this historical period and can describe any set of values that espouses sexual repression, low tolerance of crime, and a strong social ethic. Due to the prominence of the British Empire, many of these values were spread across the world.

Historians now regard the Victorian era as a time of many contradictions. A plethora of social movements concerned with morals co-existed with a class system that permitted harsh living conditions for many. The apparent contradiction between the widespread cultivation of an outward appearance of dignity and restraint and the prevalence of social phenomena that included prostitution and child labour were two sides of the same coin: various social reform movements and high principles arose from attempts to improve the harsh conditions.

Victorian morality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

re·press (rĭ-prěs') Pronunciation Key
v. re·pressed, re·press·ing, re·press·es

v. tr.

1. To hold back by an act of volition: couldn't repress a smirk.
2. To put down by force, usually before total control has been lost; quell: repress a rebellion.
3. Psychology To exclude (painful or disturbing memories, for example) automatically or unconsciously from the conscious mind.
4. Biology To block (transcription of a gene) by combination of a protein to an operator gene.

v. intr.
To take repressive action.

Vic⋅to⋅ri⋅an
   /vɪkˈtɔriən, -ˈtoʊr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vik-tawr-ee-uhn, -tohr-] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
2. having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
3. Architecture.
a. noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
b. noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.

You really ain't too fucking bright are you Nailed Cock?

You just like to use those dirty words. They're the only ones you know the meaning of.

You know.....you're right......I DO like using bad words.

But, unlike you, I know the meanings of many words, not just right wing blog site jargon.

So, why don't you take your silly tight ass over to your bed, coat yourself down with crisco and get busy with your "back massager".

I got better things to do than listen to your ditzy bitch ass whine.

Black massager? What the hell?

Obviously you have had experience in a whole different lifestyle than I'm familiar with. Perhaps I could borrow your "black massager"?

From how I see it:

GlockLicker lives in a small town where everyone is the same and yet none of them even know each other. He thinks the world is and always was just like that small town. The only way he has ever seen anything outside this small town are throught movies.

Allie lives in a fantasy world, where everything is black and white. Her mind only retains what only one book tells her is reality even if truth smacks her in the face, she will ignore all other facts and cannot use logic as she has never done so. The mindless drone, and worth no more than the livestock she emulates.

Lol. So much for the insightfulness of pagan cultists.

But your post is quite revealing in how much of your bigotry it exposes.

You don't see bigotry in my posts. You see yourself reflected...there's a difference.

Forum List

Back