Homeland Security Watches Twitter,Social Media,Drudge...

My TV, phone, and internet all come into the house via the cable.

I'm sure that at the other end there is a system in place to log phone calls, what I watch on TV, and where I go on the internet.

I would imagine that the most nefarious reason the cable company has in keeping a track of my activites is to sell the info to people who want to sell me shit.

Government and Telecoms work very closely together. In fact,it would probably be accurate to say they're the same entity at this point. The same can be said of the Social Networking sites like Facebook & Twitter. And very quietly a few years back Google signed an agreement to work very closely with the NSA. The story was not widely covered by the MSM though. But the deal was signed. Also,Telecoms have recently received immunity form prosecution for spying for the Government on Citizens. So they're all connected and are now one entity. It's actually pretty sad & frightening.

Better get yourself a tinfoil hat, and a bomb shelter. If you think the government cares about what you are doing, you should get your ego in check.
Living in the area I do, I would rather the government monitored what we post on a PUBLIC website. When they start telling me what I can and cannot say on these PUBLIC sites, I might be worried. Until then, I am not shocked, figured they already were.

Yeah,you keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep better at night i guess. I used to believe in Fairy Tales too.

Still think it's all just a 'Crazy Conspiracy Theory?'

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's command center routinely monitors dozens of popular websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, WikiLeaks and news and gossip sites including the Huffington Post and Drudge Report, according to a government document.

A "privacy compliance review" issued by DHS last November says that since at least June 2010, its national operations center has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" which involves regular monitoring of "publicly available online forums, blogs, public websites and message boards."

The purpose of the monitoring, says the government document, is to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture."...

News and gossip sites on the monitoring list include popular destinations such as the Drudge Report, Huffington Post and "NY Times Lede Blog", as well as more focused techie fare such as the Wired blogs "Threat Level" and "Danger Room." Numerous blogs related to terrorism and security are also on the list.

Some of the sites on the list are potentially controversial. WikiLeaks is listed for monitoring, even though officials in some other government agencies were warned against using their official computers to access WikiLeaks material because much of it is still legally classified under U.S. government rules.

Read More:
Homeland Security watches Twitter, social media | Reuters
- Big Journalism

I fail to see the evil conspiracy in monitoring publicly available information.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's command center routinely monitors dozens of popular websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, WikiLeaks and news and gossip sites including the Huffington Post and Drudge Report, according to a government document.

A "privacy compliance review" issued by DHS last November says that since at least June 2010, its national operations center has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" which involves regular monitoring of "publicly available online forums, blogs, public websites and message boards."

The purpose of the monitoring, says the government document, is to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture."...

News and gossip sites on the monitoring list include popular destinations such as the Drudge Report, Huffington Post and "NY Times Lede Blog", as well as more focused techie fare such as the Wired blogs "Threat Level" and "Danger Room." Numerous blogs related to terrorism and security are also on the list.

Some of the sites on the list are potentially controversial. WikiLeaks is listed for monitoring, even though officials in some other government agencies were warned against using their official computers to access WikiLeaks material because much of it is still legally classified under U.S. government rules.

Read More:
- Big Journalism

Yes,you fail. That's obvious.

Government and Telecoms work very closely together. In fact,it would probably be accurate to say they're the same entity at this point. The same can be said of the Social Networking sites like Facebook & Twitter. And very quietly a few years back Google signed an agreement to work very closely with the NSA. The story was not widely covered by the MSM though. But the deal was signed. Also,Telecoms have recently received immunity form prosecution for spying for the Government on Citizens. So they're all connected and are now one entity. It's actually pretty sad & frightening.

Everyone knows this by now, I have decided to not let it change what I say to anyone in any way. If it means that somewhere down the road it gets used against me then on that day I will hold my head high and be proud that I did not live my life in fear and paranoia. Anything other than leading a life of courageous defiance is a waste.

No,you're just going along to get along. You're too scared to stand up to Big Brother but you feign some sort of pious nobility in shutting up and ignoring. But there's no bravery or nobility in what you're doing. You're no different than the Millions of German Citizens who went along to get along in Nazi Germany. So quit kidding yourself. You're neither 'courageous' or 'defiant.' You're just a sheep.

OK assuming I am shitting my britches in fear what am I supposed to do about it? Watch what I say? Look out my window to see if a nondescript sedan is watching my house? Be wary of strangers? Help me out here. How much should I allow paranoia to influence my actions?

Everyone knows this by now, I have decided to not let it change what I say to anyone in any way. If it means that somewhere down the road it gets used against me then on that day I will hold my head high and be proud that I did not live my life in fear and paranoia. Anything other than leading a life of courageous defiance is a waste.

No,you're just going along to get along. You're too scared to stand up to Big Brother but you feign some sort of pious nobility in shutting up and ignoring. But there's no bravery or nobility in what you're doing. You're no different than the Millions of German Citizens who went along to get along in Nazi Germany. So quit kidding yourself. You're neither 'courageous' or 'defiant.' You're just a sheep.

OK assuming I am shitting my britches in fear what am I supposed to do about it? Watch what I say? Look out my window to see if a nondescript sedan is watching my house? Be wary of strangers? Help me out here. How much should I allow paranoia to influence my actions?

Fuck fear. Fuck paranoia. You should be angry. Shutting up and ignoring it is neither 'courageous' or 'defiant.' You want to be courageous and defiant? Stand up to Big Brother. Till you do that,you're just a sheep.

The Government is viewing Public information!! OH NOOOOOO!!!!

another panty waste thread from libocalypsenow's retreaded user handle. : (

Fuck fear. Fuck paranoia. You should be angry. Shutting up and ignoring it is neither 'courageous' or 'defiant.' You want to be courageous and defiant? Stand up to Big Brother. Till you do that,you're just a sheep.

stand up to WHAT exactly? that they're reading shit that people voluntarily make available to the public? Get a fucking grip.

I did not just discover the government was up to no good a few years ago, been living with that certain knowledge since the Nixon era. Anger and outrage just wears you out to no good effect and you just end up a bitter loner. It is far better to be calm and watchful than to sit around being pissed and afraid all the time. Chill out and enjoy your life in spite of them and keep a sharp eye out for the moment to actually get angry. Ration your anger and it will be far more effective.

1100-common-sense.jpg

what's surprising to me is how easily we've let some of our personal freedoms slip away. in the past, americans have fought wars, lost lives and endured great hardship to guarantee personal freedoms. and in a decade or two we just let some of them go without a fight. that's shocking.

I did not just discover the government was up to no good a few years ago, been living with that certain knowledge since the Nixon era. Anger and outrage just wears you out to no good effect and you just end up a bitter loner. It is far better to be calm and watchful than to sit around being pissed and afraid all the time. Chill out and enjoy your life in spite of them and keep a sharp eye out for the moment to actually get angry. Ration your anger and it will be far more effective.

Oh i enjoy life. But that's a separate issue. You can enjoy life while standing up to Big Brother and his Bullshit. In fact,it can make life even more enjoyable and fulfilling. But that's up to the individual of course. I hear ya though.

Read More:
- Big Journalism

Yeah, me neither.
I guess Paulitician should stop posting on a public messageboard.

what's surprising to me is how easily we've let some of our personal freedoms slip away. in the past, americans have fought wars, lost lives and endured great hardship to guarantee personal freedoms. and in a decade or two we just let some of them go without a fight. that's shocking.

No one is forcing you to post on public sites.

'911 changed everything.' Haven't you heard? You should be happily handing all of your rights over to Big Brother now. So what's the matter with you? Do you hate America or something? :(

Last edited:

Oh i enjoy life. But that's a separate issue. You can enjoy life while standing up to Big Brother and his Bullshit. In fact,it can make life even more enjoyable and fulfilling. But that's up to the individual of course. I hear ya though.

i agree with most of what you are saying, but what exactly are doing to stand up to the powers that be?

'911 changed everything.' Haven't you heard? You should be happily handing all of your rights over to Big Brother now. So what's the matter with you? Do you hate America or something? :(

9/11 did change many things. no doubt about it.

what rights are taken away when public sites are viewed, dipstick?

Forum List

Back