Home School Parent take Her Kids to Woke Library

Yes, she attended those but I saw her in an interview where she claimed to be more home schooled because of being bullied.

Home school children generally achieve better results.
Except she wasn't. She went to school for British version of elementary, middle, and high school. Then she went to University.

Zincwarrior

Do you want to audit Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, CS Lewis, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, Mozart......

Zincwarrior

Do you want to audit Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, CS Lewis, Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, Mozart......

It's shit when you get bright home schoolers. What a bummer to state education supporters, it must really grind their gears and piss on their parade. How are you feeling?

Ok, she lied.
No she tailored her statement to her interview.

Einstein went to school. "Albert attended a Catholic elementary school in Munich from the age of five. When he was eight, he was transferred to the Luitpold-Gymnasium (now known as the Albert-Einstein-Gymnasium) where he received advanced primary and then secondary school education.[22]"

Those born in the 1800s or earlier are not relevant.

I should be clear. I am very ambivalent about home schooling. Doing it because the local school district is poor or your child is special needs - cool. Doing it because you are an ideological nut - well you are dooming your kids. But if you want to do it, you be you.

Cool,

I'm just comparing home schoolers that return to public education.
I never see the ones that stay in home schooling their entire K-12

So I have no doubt that some home schoolers perform highly.
Actually, a lot of them perform very well.

No she tailored her statement to her interview.

Einstein went to school. "Albert attended a Catholic elementary school in Munich from the age of five. When he was eight, he was transferred to the Luitpold-Gymnasium (now known as the Albert-Einstein-Gymnasium) where he received advanced primary and then secondary school education.[22]"

Those born in the 1800s or earlier are not relevant.

I should be clear. I am very ambivalent about home schooling. Doing it because the local school district is poor or your child is special needs - cool. Doing it because you are an ideological nut - well you are dooming your kids. But if you want to do it, you be you.
Kids are better off home schooled.

I can see a pattern to your replies. Most have attended some kinda of school, often briefly, but for most of their youthful schooling, they were taught at home. Hence why you think everyone was schooled by the state.

Kids are better off home schooled.

I can see a pattern to your replies. Most have attended some kinda of school, often briefly, but for most of their youthful schooling, they were taught at home. Hence why you think everyone was schooled by the state.
Including Private School?

Schools would not object to home schooling in the slightest if not for the fact the lose funding when students enroll and then withdraw or stop attending.

If schools continued to receive funds for kids whose parents pull them to home school, districts would offer help and encouragement to homeschoolers. It would be easy money.

Including Private School?
10 Good reasons to home school -

Home school children tend to score higher on tests of academic skills.

A number of years ago, a friend homeschooled her children because the school was hopeless on anti-bullying. She took them to the local soft play centre through the day where other home schooler parents went with their children. I went with her one day and you could actually talk, the noise was low, the children helped one another and so polite. As state school came to a close on the evening, more parents started to leave because as parents of kids from state school came in with their kids, the noise increased tremendously, kids running and screaming everywhere, and others crying with no one helping. I noticed the social skills of home schoolers to be much better.

10 Good reasons to home school -

Home school children tend to score higher on tests of academic skills.

A number of years ago, a friend homeschooled her children because the school was hopeless on anti-bullying. She took them to the local soft play centre through the day where other home schooler parents went with their children. I went with her one day and you could actually talk, the noise was low, the children helped one another and so polite. As state school came to a close on the evening, more parents started to leave because as parents of kids from state school came in with their kids, the noise increased tremendously, kids running and screaming everywhere, and others crying with no one helping. I noticed the social skills of home schoolers to be much better.

1. OT but what is a play center? (sounds like fun).
2. Homeschooling in the US has evolved. Put some of the nutty religious programs aside - there are scholastic programs available in a host of subjects. You will find, often homeschoolers are sharing duties with other parents - almost mini classes. There are also tutors available. Our boy would teach math classes to home schoolers.

1. OT but what is a play center? (sounds like fun).
2. Homeschooling in the US has evolved. Put some of the nutty religious programs aside - there are scholastic programs available in a host of subjects. You will find, often homeschoolers are sharing duties with other parents - almost mini classes. There are also tutors available. Our boy would teach math classes to home schoolers.
A play centre has the large padded metal frame with rope ladders, slides, ball pools, rope swings, tunnels etc.. and a cafe.

th-1231128177.jpg

Kids go to school and learn loads of useless religions, gender problems/illnesses etc.. Why not learn how a credit card works, how a mortgage works, APR on loans etc..

And the speak bamboozles kids. My eldest came back from school having sat through a maths lesson flummoxed by 'Linear Sequences'. I said, "It's numbers that go up or down in a pattern. For example, our house numbers go up in twos, so the equation is X+2=y". So in 1 minute at home he found out and understood.

Forum List

Back