Home School Parent take Her Kids to Woke Library

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Not as funny as many Babylon Bee vids, but it makes one point that we don't mention enough: The main censors of library books are the librarians themselves. They exercise nearly unquestioned veto power over any book they do not like. They pretty much follow ALA recommendations in lockstep. Perhaps they fear being cancelled.

Not as funny as many Babylon Bee vids, but it makes one point that we don't mention enough: The main censors of library books are the librarians themselves. They exercise nearly unquestioned veto power over any book they do not like. They pretty much follow ALA recommendations in lockstep. Perhaps they fear being cancelled.

Probably never saw a book before.

Seriously, they have a stripper pole in the library?
WOW.

Is this satire? It's not in the Satire Forum.

They really have a stripper pole in that library?
That's just wrong.

Seriously, they have a stripper pole in the library?
WOW.

Is this satire? It's not in the Satire Forum.

They really have a stripper pole in that library?
That's just wrong.
Glad you agree.

As a teacher, I KNOW that I have had numerous homeschool students enter into public education.

Of those numerous previous homeschool students, NEVER has that student been the Worst student in class nor has that student EVER been the Best student in class.

I find that MOST homeschool students are on par with their peers, and most are just happy to be making new friends.

Far better than public school kids, which is sad.

They out perform public school kids on every possible level.

As a teacher, I KNOW that I have had numerous homeschool students enter into public education.

Of those numerous previous homeschool students, NEVER has that student been the Worst student in class nor has that student EVER been the Best student in class.

I find that MOST homeschool students are on par with their peers, and most are just happy to be making new friends.

Thanks for that, but studies show that home schooled students outperform public school kids in every category including socially.

I'll be honest, where I teach The Homeschool kids are often a little behind those that have gone to public school their whole lives. I teach at Junior High which is when they start transitioning from arithmetic to algebra from basic reading to composition and from cool little kid science projects to understanding the atom, Etc.

But the homeschool kids very quickly catch up. As you say, they are often Leaps and Bounds ahead of their peers socially. One big difference, is that they know how to talk to grown-ups. They know how to answer a phone correctly, they rarely say the word yo. Nearly all of them had parents who involved them with sports with art clubs with scouting, etc. So there is no deficit in socializing with their peers.

I'll be honest, where I teach The Homeschool kids are often a little behind those that have gone to public school their whole lives. I teach at Junior High which is when they start transitioning from arithmetic to algebra from basic reading to composition and from cool little kid science projects to understanding the atom, Etc.

But the homeschool kids very quickly catch up. As you say, they are often Leaps and Bounds ahead of their peers socially. One big difference, is that they know how to talk to grown-ups. They know how to answer a phone correctly, they rarely say the word yo. Nearly all of them had parents who involved them with sports with art clubs with scouting, etc. So there is no deficit in socializing with their peers.
I agree with most of this.
I've had some very good, well mannered, smart, looking to please, Home school students. I'm guessing these parents are deeply involved and also pretty smart.
I love these students.

I also have had some Home School students that come in woefully behind, because their parents typically used the student as a babysitter. This is sad, but it's true for a smaller % of hs students.
Thanks for that, but studies show that home schooled students outperform public school kids in every category including socially.
I'm sure you are another could find data that varies depending on the agenda.
I've worked with these students, it varies.
It without VARIES from family to family.
It's simply NOT true that home school students are far better or worse than their peers.

Public School has some pretty worthless parents and students.
Public School also has some fantastic parents and students.
In my observation of 39 years, homeschoolers usually fit nicely in the middle.

I'm sure you are another could find data that varies depending on the agenda.
I've worked with these students, it varies.
It without VARIES from family to family.
It's simply NOT true that home school students are far better or worse than their peers.

Public School has some pretty worthless parents and students.
Public School also has some fantastic parents and students.
In my observation of 39 years, homeschoolers usually fit nicely in the middle.

No agenda here, just observing the evidence.

It's free and available for all who are interested.

No agenda here, just observing the evidence.

It's free and available for all who are interested.
Cool,

I'm just comparing home schoolers that return to public education.
I never see the ones that stay in home schooling their entire K-12

So I have no doubt that some home schoolers perform highly.

Forum List

Back