Home Alone inflation

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
For those of you that feel Bidenomics is working great. And/or you haven't been to the grocery store in the last 10 years.

In the 1990 film Home Alone, actor Macaulay Culkin’s character Kevin McCallister went to a grocery store to buy milk, bread, toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, cling wrap, macaroni and cheese, a turkey TV dinner, orange juice, and a bag of plastic Army men.

The total cost of McCallister’s trip to the store cost him $19.83.

Last year, TikTok user Rochelle Chalmers purchased those same items from Kroger, which brought her total to a staggering $44.40.

Recently, Nick Smith with NewsNation ran a test of Rochelle’s experiment at a local Chicago grocery store called Happy Foods. The total cost of Culkin’s Home Alone character’s items in Chicago came out to $72.28, after tax.

'Home Alone' Fans Shocked by ‘248 Percent Increase’ in Grocery Prices Since Movie Debuted, as Bidenflation Crushes Family Holiday Budgets

1990 was 33 years ago.

Prices tend to rise over time.
Yes they do, but......

"Last year, TikTok user Rochelle Chalmers purchased those same items from Kroger, which brought her total to a staggering $44.40.

Recently
, Nick Smith with NewsNation ran a test of Rochelle’s experiment at a local Chicago grocery store called Happy Foods. The total cost of Culkin’s Home Alone character’s items in Chicago came out to $72.28, after tax."

Yes they do, but......

"Last year, TikTok user Rochelle Chalmers purchased those same items from Kroger, which brought her total to a staggering $44.40.

Recently
, Nick Smith with NewsNation ran a test of Rochelle’s experiment at a local Chicago grocery store called Happy Foods. The total cost of Culkin’s Home Alone character’s items in Chicago came out to $72.28, after tax."
Exactly - THAT is the shocking increase.

For those of you that feel Bidenomics is working great. And/or you haven't been to the grocery store in the last 10 years.

In the 1990 film Home Alone, actor Macaulay Culkin’s character Kevin McCallister went to a grocery store to buy milk, bread, toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, cling wrap, macaroni and cheese, a turkey TV dinner, orange juice, and a bag of plastic Army men.

Last year, TikTok user Rochelle Chalmers purchased those same items from Kroger, which brought her total to a staggering $44.40.

Recently, Nick Smith with NewsNation ran a test of Rochelle’s experiment at a local Chicago grocery store called Happy Foods. The total cost of Culkin’s Home Alone character’s items in Chicago came out to $72.28, after tax.

'Home Alone' Fans Shocked by ‘248 Percent Increase’ in Grocery Prices Since Movie Debuted, as Bidenflation Crushes Family Holiday Budgets

the average family pays 10,000 a yr more for the same things during Trump's last yr....maga

1701880259447.jpeg

i hope inflation multiplies in 2024......i love watching these libturds pay for their dumb fraud votes........these extra pennies don't dd up much to me

Last year I read an article about gas prices in California. Gasoline will hover around the $5 per gallon price and it won't change. So far, that's true. Get used to them.

Here is a good article on inflation vs high prices...

That's your solution..."get used to it"?

Read post three.
milk, bread, toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, cling wrap, macaroni and cheese, a turkey TV dinner, orange juice, plastic toy soldiers

1. 1.49 Milk 1 Qrt
2. 1.79 Kroger Honey Wheat Bread, sliced 20oz
3. 4.79 Angel Soft Toilet paper, 4 mega rolls
4. 3.49 Tide Oxi, liquid 31 oz
5. 3.99 Snuggle, Ultra Sparkle scent liquid fabric softenter 32 oz
6. 2.39 Kroger Tight Seal Cling Wrap 200 sq ft
7. 1.25 Kraft Orgianal Mac N Cheese Dinner
8. 2.59 Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast with Gravy & Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes Frozen Meal 9 oz
9. 3.00 Florida Natural with some pulp premium 52 oz
10. 3.15 Mairbeon 9pc Mini Kids Plastic Military Soldier Model Army Walmart as Kroger does not sell toy soldier bags
total 23.94
tax 2.33
Total 26.27

All Prices As of Today Dec. 6, 2023 at Kroger on University Pkwy, Jackson, TN using no coupons and I would have gotten Kroger Fuel points. Shop online your order ready to pick up in an hour and a half.
Kroger, is one of the largest and oldest grocery chains in the country, founded in 1843, in Cincinnati Ohio, NYSE symbol KR

Are you sure I should have my ass all tore up, that the price went up $6.44 in 33 years?

Forum List

Back