HOLY COW--Look at the purple UNION shirts campaining for SCOTT BROWN in MASS!

You don't...the same laws benefit you as well. If you don't take advantage of them don't blame your own failure to act on big business.

By that standard the union exemption, when it goes into affect, will be law and you should quit your whining over it.

No, the same laws do not benefit the NON-union worker- Unions will be exempted from paying taxes on thier cadillac plans. The NON-UNION worker will pay those taxes. If you think that's a whine, you are out of your mind. That is blatant, in your face, corruption, it's a special interest group that has been allowed to put pressure on the administration to favor one set of people over another. You think people are angry now? you have seen nothing yet.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Read the article Noose-it's in your face- GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Union workers would be exempt from Dem health care tax | Washington Examiner

Baucus is also weighing a tax based on the value of health care benefits that exceed a yet-to-be determined cap. A tax on benefits that exceed the cap by a mere $3,000 could amount to $750 in taxes annually for a worker who earns as little as $34,000, say experts.

But those union members serving under collective bargaining agreements would not be subjected to the tax, according to proposals under discussion.

Union workers enjoy some of the most extensive and costliest health benefits, and union officials complained their members would be unfairly burdened by a health care tax because their contracts cannot be changed quickly enough to avoid it.

Union members also represent one of the biggest and most powerful Democratic constituencies and their support of any health care reform proposal is viewed as essential to getting a bill passed in Congress.

Baucus has proposed the tax threshold on health care benefits be set higher than the cost of policies available to federal employees and he has proposed exempting until 2013 those plans negotiated as part of union contracts.

“It’s a means of making sure that unions are foursquare behind any reform bill that comes out,” said Henry Aaron, a health care policy expert at Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank.

It's flat out CORRUPTION and bending to the will of SPECIAL INTERESTS to the expense and detriment to the REST of us.

No union workers generally dont have cadillac plans and the ones that do make considerably more than a union member but if a union construction worker receives a cadillac plan through union negotiated benefits I guarantee you the non union construction worker is not.

By that standard the union exemption, when it goes into affect, will be law and you should quit your whining over it.

No, the same laws do not benefit the NON-union worker- Unions will be exempted from paying taxes on thier cadillac plans. The NON-UNION worker will pay those taxes. If you think that's a whine, you are out of your mind. That is blatant, in your face, corruption, it's a special interest group that has been allowed to put pressure on the administration to favor one set of people over another. You think people are angry now? you have seen nothing yet.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Baucus is also weighing a tax based on the value of health care benefits that exceed a yet-to-be determined cap. A tax on benefits that exceed the cap by a mere $3,000 could amount to $750 in taxes annually for a worker who earns as little as $34,000, say experts.

But those union members serving under collective bargaining agreements would not be subjected to the tax, according to proposals under discussion.

Union workers enjoy some of the most extensive and costliest health benefits, and union officials complained their members would be unfairly burdened by a health care tax because their contracts cannot be changed quickly enough to avoid it.

Union members also represent one of the biggest and most powerful Democratic constituencies and their support of any health care reform proposal is viewed as essential to getting a bill passed in Congress.

Baucus has proposed the tax threshold on health care benefits be set higher than the cost of policies available to federal employees and he has proposed exempting until 2013 those plans negotiated as part of union contracts.

“It’s a means of making sure that unions are foursquare behind any reform bill that comes out,” said Henry Aaron, a health care policy expert at Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank.

It's flat out CORRUPTION and bending to the will of SPECIAL INTERESTS to the expense and detriment to the REST of us.

No union workers generally dont have cadillac plans and the ones that do make considerably more than a union member but if a union construction worker receives a cadillac plan through union negotiated benefits I guarantee you the non union construction worker is not.

Yeah--I know my brother who is union has had his medical care benefits cut. BUT--if you look at what this administration considers a cadillac health care plan--they are basing it on the cost of the plan--not what the individual is getting. Therefore, you could have a real crappy policy & still pay taxes on it.

Cost have continually risen--even though benefits have been cut--& this is why 31 million non-union workers in this country will be paying taxes on their health care benefits--"if this bill passes"-- 5 years before union & government & state employees will--(because of Obama's behind the door special deal to unions.)

Knowing a lot of union & non-union workers I don't think either group would think this fair--& I know both of them would not like the idea of giving federal & state government workers--who now enjoy on average a much higher pay check--than the average Joe on the street--a 5 year waiver on them having to pay taxes on their health care.

Last edited:

Yeah--I know my brother who is union has had his medical care benefits cut. BUT--if you look at what this administration considers a cadillac health care plan--they are basing it on the cost of the plan--not what the individual is getting. Therefore, you could have a real crappy policy & still pay taxes on it.

Cost have continually risen--even though benefits have been cut--& this is why 31 million non-union workers in this country will be paying taxes on their health care benefits--"if this bill passes"-- 5 years before union & government & state employees will--(because of Obama's behind the door special deal to unions.)

Knowing a lot of union & non-union workers I don't think either group would think this fair--& I know both of them would not like the idea of giving federal & state government workers--who now enjoy on average a much higher pay check--than the average Joe on the street--a 5 year waiver on them having to pay taxes on their health care.

Those state and federal workers are exempt also from this tax. Insane.

Sorry. Incorrect. Now if that benefit applied to ALL Americans with a cadillac health insurance plan then you would have a case. Until then you still have a BRIBE!

I see special privileges for the wealthy are ok but Joe blue collar gets a break it's a bribe, typical conservative thinking.

So then I take it your O.K. with pitting the middle class against the middle class.

Put some of them (unions--government/state workers)--in a class & give them a 5 year waiver on paying taxes on their health care benefits.

Take the 31 million others in the MIDDLE CLASS--& screw them like there is no tomorrow--:lol::lol:

Those state and federal workers are exempt also from this tax. Insane.

Yep--they sure are. Not only that but the average wage of a federal government employee today is 71K per year--while the average Joe on the street is around 45K.

i thought the seiu only beats up old and disabled people who won't vote for communists. at least that is what sean hannity and his sheep said

...Knowing a lot of union & non-union workers I don't think either group would think this fair...

I think that sometimes the corruptocrats in Washington, as well as their eager internet minions, forget that in real life... Americans are not typically as morally bankrupt as they are.

Overall, we're a good, honest, people. Take a look at Ben Nelson's numbers, falling like a stone. And Nebraska got a deal that makes this union bribe look like pilferage from the petty cash drawer.

Sorry. Incorrect. Now if that benefit applied to ALL Americans with a cadillac health insurance plan then you would have a case. Until then you still have a BRIBE!

I see special privileges for the wealthy are ok but Joe blue collar gets a break it's a bribe, typical conservative thinking.

So then I take it your O.K. with pitting the middle class against the middle class.

Put some of them (unions--government/state workers)--in a class & give them a 5 year waiver on paying taxes on their health care benefits.

Take the 31 million others in the MIDDLE CLASS--& screw them like there is no tomorrow--:lol::lol:

Those 31 million all have cadillac health care plans? Maybe they should form some kind of a group where they can have their concerns heard in one voice.

I don't trust them, regardless of who they say to support.

They'll now claim credit over Brown and start trying to manipulate him to save their own asses.

Nice little strategery they've got going.

Forum List

Back