Hollywood Left to save Senate for Dems

GreenBean

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hollywood is pouring money into the midterm elections, with A-listers such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Barbra Streisand all coughing up blockbuster bucks.

The donations are largely aimed at keeping the Senate in Democratic hands. Republicans, who have the political winds at their backs, need to pick up six seats to win control of the upper chamber.

Streisand, a longtime Democratic donor, opened her checkbook in several competitive Senate races, according to Federal Election Commission data collected and analyzed by The Hill.

In addition to a $10,000 donation to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and $2,600 to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Streisand gave $1,000 to the campaigns of Democratic Sens. Mark Udall (Colo.), Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.), Jeff Merkley, (Ore.) and Mark Begich (Alaska), all top GOP targets.

http://thehill.com/news/campaign/214990-hollywood-tries-to-save-senate-for-dems#ixzz3AGw99dON

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/t...Topic:3026438&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

celebrity.png

Last edited:
$10,000 is opening a checkbook? She has that in the cookie jar...

Typical lefty distortion - or poor reading comprehension , you tell me >
So far as the Cookie Jar - I thought tht was where she kept her marijuanna brownies ?

In addition to a $10,000 donation to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and $2,600 to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Streisand gave $1,000 to the campaigns of Democratic Sens. Mark Udall (Colo.), Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.), Jeff Merkley, (Ore.) and Mark Begich (Alaska), all top GOP targets.

Sounds like someone's getting nervous. Do I detect excuses being concocted in case Republicans don't take the Senate? :lol:

I thought the Senate was a shoo-in for the Right.....

Nothing is a shoo-in when it has been shown that the party in power will resort to criminal activity to maintain their power, as the Democrats have so demonstrably done.

I thought the Senate was a shoo-in for the Right.....

Nothing is a shoo-in when it has been shown that the party in power will resort to criminal activity to maintain their power, as the Democrats have so demonstrably done.

I think I'm right! The excuses are being prepared. :lol:

Mine was a statement of fact konny. I make no excuses for the idiocy of the progressives and the electorate.

Hollywood is pouring money into the midterm elections, with A-listers such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Barbra Streisand all coughing up blockbuster bucks.

The donations are largely aimed at keeping the Senate in Democratic hands. Republicans, who have the political winds at their backs, need to pick up six seats to win control of the upper chamber.

Streisand, a longtime Democratic donor, opened her checkbook in several competitive Senate races, according to Federal Election Commission data collected and analyzed by The Hill.

Hollywood pumps cash to save Senate majority for Democrats | TheHill

Hollywood tries to save Senate for Dems - Tea Party Command Center

celebrity.png

Strange how the people that have to act like other people and study them gain perspective............

And your post is a joke.

I think I'm right! The excuses are being prepared. :lol:

Mine was a statement of fact konny. I make no excuses for the idiocy of the progressives and the electorate.

It's well known that you're willing to say just about anything to try and win. My feeling is that since you so easily lie and cheat, you assume everyone does.

Not gonna happen. I do remember though liberals and conservatives alike saying that the rich have more influence over elections these days, but neither mind when the person these rich folks support happens to belong to their party.

:eusa_doh:

SMH.

Not gonna happen. I do remember though liberals and conservatives alike saying that the rich have more influence over elections these days, but neither mind when the person these rich folks support happens to belong to their party.

I'd prefer that begging for money was taken out of the system, but until the rules are changed...

I'd prefer that begging for money was taken out of the system, but until the rules are changed...

Actually not a bad idea... make them run on merit, not on money.

Hollywood pumps cash to save Senate majority for Democrats | TheHill

Hollywood tries to save Senate for Dems - Tea Party Command Center

celebrity.png

Strange how the people that have to act like other people and study them gain perspective............

And your post is a joke.

Strange how the people who act out fanatsies and crate illusions - can't escape from their delusions.

Last edited:
Hollywood has way too much wealth. They offshore jobs for cheaper labor. Why isn't the Left going after them to take their profits? Wouldn't Hollywood elite be a good start for wealth re- distribution? Wouldn't these checks be better spent on the children?

Forum List

Back