Hollywood condemns NRA while dramatically increasing gun violence in entertainment

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hollywood declared war on American gun culture in 2013 with a public service announcement calling for stricter gun control in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Hollywood condemns NRA while dramatically increasing gun violence in entertainment
--------------------------------------------

Why of course what else would we expect from a bunch of hypocritical loons who claim how scary guns yet use them in their movies or music videos same thing. Nobody other than sheep pay any attention to these losers.

Hollywood declared war on American gun culture in 2013 with a public service announcement calling for stricter gun control in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
--------------------------------------------

Why of course what else would we expect from a bunch of hypocritical loons who claim how scary guns yet use them in their movies or music videos same thing. Nobody other than sheep pay any attention to these losers.

Yep, they were showing that gun grabber Clooney from a movie where he was a sniper. lol

-Geaux

I always wondered if the Columbine shooters were inspired by The Matrix. The movie came out just 3 weeks before the shooting. The boys were wearing trench coats, just like Neo did in the massive shootout scene.

My opinion is that over several decades of extreme violent imagery in movies and games, it has led to a total disconnect with those already on the edge of sanity in their ability to distinguish between fantasy and the consequences of real violence.
Add permissiveness and lack of personal responsibility along with a decline in education and the drugging of young males with powerful pharmaceuticals. Hell, what could go wrong?

And my opinion is that anyone can be stupid.

I've been playing violent video games since mortal kombat on sega when I was 9, then Doom and Doom 2, then the rainbow six series, then Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 3.

And I've yet to shoot anyone.

My opinion is that over several decades of extreme violent imagery in movies and games, it has led to a total disconnect with those already on the edge of sanity in their ability to distinguish between fantasy and the consequences of real violence.
Add permissiveness and lack of personal responsibility along with a decline in education and the drugging of young males with powerful pharmaceuticals. Hell, what could go wrong?

I am friends with the parents of a child who had managed to get hold of a copy of Grand Theft Auto.
They were appalled at the outright violence the game encouraged to achieve goals, had taken the game away, and were fussing at the child when I arrived.

I suggested they put the game in the console and let us take a look.
We watched the child play the game for a little while amid gasps and hysteria from the parents.

They finally asked me what I thought.

I said he should send Carl Johnson to the far end of the beach.
There he could stab, shoot or beat to death hookers and bums until he had a decent amount of money to go gambling.
With the proceeds he could purchase more safe houses, equipment and supplies, to secure more territory and provide better defenses against law enforcement.

All three of them were staring at me like I had somehow lost my mind.

That's when I said, "It's a game, and he needs to learn how to use the tools and conditions available to accomplish more productive goals.
If you are worried about your child's actual ability to distinguish the difference between what is right and wrong in reality, you have bigger problems than the game, and should seek professional help immediately."

Then I turned to the child and said, "If you try that stupid shit in real life, you'll be dead, even if I have to shoot you myself."

The child continued to play the game, while his father and I would take turns at the controls.
It became entertainment, a life experience we all shared, and it offered the opportunity to redirect the child when necessary.

Our children will encounter the drastic differences in social morality for the rest of their lives.
It is important to help them recognize the "over the top" violence and idiocy for what it is.

The child turned out fine and he went to college, then law school.
We still to this day joke about the fact Carl Johnson kicked ass in the digital world.

I always wondered if the Columbine shooters were inspired by The Matrix. The movie came out just 3 weeks before the shooting. The boys were wearing trench coats, just like Neo did in the massive shootout scene.
Actually several crimes...
Does 'The Matrix' Inspire the Disturbed?
For the certain percentage it does have an effect. Sane people will not entertain these thoughts.
All these shooters seem to also have that same history of showing signs of their mental illness and obsession with violence far before they acted out their twisted fantasy. Yet we as a society seem to always fail to act regarding those with clear mental issues.
The answer lately is medicate their anger and aggression away.

I've been playing violent video games since mortal kombat on sega when I was 9, then Doom and Doom 2, then the rainbow six series, then Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 3.

I have 5 guns and I've yet to shoot anyone.
Yet one side is willing to focus on that one issue, a gun.
Nowhere did I state games are a primary cause. Only a possible contributing factor of many for those on the edge of sanity.

Rainbow Six, huh....................

What do you think of PUBG?

I am friends with the parents of a child who had managed to get hold of a copy of Grand Theft Auto.
They were appalled at the outright violence the game encouraged to achieve goals, had taken the game away, and were fussing at the child when I arrived.

I suggested they put the game in the console and let us take a look.
We watched the child play the game for a little while amid gasps and hysteria from the parents.

They finally asked me what I thought.

I said he should send Carl Johnson to the far end of the beach.
There he could stab, shoot or beat to death hookers and bums until he had a decent amount of money to go gambling.
With the proceeds he could purchase more safe houses, equipment and supplies, to secure more territory and provide better defenses against law enforcement.

All three of them were staring at me like I had somehow lost my mind.

That's when I said, "It's a game, and he needs to learn how to use the tools and conditions available to accomplish more productive goals.
If you are worried about your child's actual ability to distinguish the difference between what is right and wrong in reality, you have bigger problems than the game, and should seek professional help immediately."

Then I turned to the child and said, "If you try that stupid shit in real life, you'll be dead, even if I have to shoot you myself."

The child continued to play the game, while his father and I would take turns at the controls.
It became entertainment, a life experience we all shared, and it offered the opportunity to redirect the child when necessary.

Our children will encounter the drastic differences in social morality for the rest of their lives.
It is important to help them recognize the "over the top" violence and idiocy for what it is.

The child turned out fine and he went to college, then law school.
We still to this day joke about the fact Carl Johnson kicked ass in the digital world.
Nice post. :)

I have one granddaughter who says of her sister, "No, no, don't ride the horse off the mountain!!" and I'm inclined that way myself. And my husband says, "Why did you shoot that raven, it didn't do anything?"

The gameplaying child stares at us solemnly and says, slowly so we'll understand, "It's just a GAME. It's not real."

Yeah. I play a lot more violent games than she does, but I'm not entirely getting it like she does, all the same.

I don't know how much desensitivation can occur between game worlds and reality. There's an excellent post-Armageddon SHTF novel, Locker 9 by Franklin Horton, which has a villain who plays these violent games and when society breaks down, he just acts it all out and takes whatever he wants. It was very believeable.

Finally somebody shoots him and he doesn't regenerate, however, as he always did in the game.

Forum List

Back