HOF selections out jan 24 - Next wed. Keep Trevor Hoffman out!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Mariano will make it in a few years and he is the only RP that belongs in the Hall. Hoffman got 74% last year and will probably get to the magic 75% this year but it's BS. RPs just don't pitch that much and unless they are super-human like rivera,. i say no.

Roll, roll, roll the joint
Pass it down the line
Take a time, hold the smoke
Feel it blow your mind!

You must be smokin' the good shit today, kid!

Of course chipper. But not hoffman. RPs just don't play enough
Game has changed
It is no longer mop up duty when the starter wears out. They pitch the most important innings of the game

RPs play about 70 innings a year. Position players about 1400. Case closed.
Let's face it
Starting pitchers aren't the studs they used to be
6-7 innings and hit the showers

The game is won or lost out of the bullpen

Hoffman was one of the best ever as a reliever...HOF

CBS sports says

Time: 6:00 p.m. ET.
TV: MLB Network
Streaming: MLB.tv; MLB.com/video

MLB Network has listed its Hall of Fame coverage from 3-8 p.m. ET and the results themselves for 6:00. If I had to guess, I'd say the results come in the last 10 minutes of the 6 o'clock hour, so something like 6:50, but if you're interested in seeing them live, don't take a chance. They might do something like 6:15.

Gossage and sutter should have never made the Hall either. Their admission amounts to a participation trophy.

Last edited:

He's still just VERY part-time player. 70 innings a year!! HAHAHA

Show me how many complete games starting pitchers get each year.....two?

Starters are not there when the game is won or lost. Their value is diminishing

Those 70 innings are the important innings. Relievers are more valuable now than at any point in history

He's still just VERY part-time player. 70 innings a year!! HAHAHA
Those 70 innings are the important innings. Relievers are more valuable now than at any point in history

In many cases RPs do NOT pitch important innings. They are used mainly in save situations and that's silly. If you have a tie game and the other side has the bases loaded and none out in the 5th inning, then THAT'S when hoffman should be brought in since the game will be won or lost right there. But he doesn't want to pitch then since he can't get a save.!!!

If I had a vote...

I would go with Chipper, Vlad G and Hoffman this year

I would go with them, Mussina, Schilling, and Edgar Martinez.
Schilling never won a CYA but he was second 3 times. Maybe the best postseason starting pitch ever. He's been kept out because of his conservative politics. Sportswriters, like all members of the press, are super-liberal white-hating racists.

Forum List

Back