Hobby Lobby Invested in Abortion and Contraception Products

You can make up all the excuses you want, but I would expect that the people who battle a provision in ObamaCare all the way to the US Supreme Court over their religious beliefs would be sincere enough in their religious beliefs to not profit off of the very product they fought so hard to reject. I agree with the court's decision but I'm disappointed to learn that Green's are not as concerned about birth control products as they led everyone to believe.

What do you want?
They are paying for 16 of the 20 required by the new Health Care Law.
What I want is sincerity. Here's the problem that I see ... there are people against ObamaCare, which they have every right to feel, but they don't have the right to impose on others who are in favor of ObamaCare. And then there are people who genuinely have grievances based on religious beliefs, which they have the Constitutional right to have, as it appeared for Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby courageously fought to defend those religious beliefs and they should be applauded for their efforts -- until we learn their position was feigned as they actually belong in that first group of people and that they used their religion as a tool to chip away at ObamaCare when they really don't care about birth control products as they led everyone to believe. Which brings us to the crux of the problem that I see -- if people are going to fake religious concerns to repeal laws (or in this case, part of a law), then there really is no limit to how far they will go. If they are willing to use their religion as a tool of legislative destruction, then they will feign religious excuses for getting out of ObamaCare for every reason imaginable. I had respect for the Green's until I learned it was all a ruse.

I don't know where you learned that untrue information.
You have the right to believe it but it's not correct.
Kathleen Sebelius wrote in those 4 contraception infanticides into the health care law and not our congress. That in and of itself is unconstitutional.
Then the left made it into a war on women when in fact it is a war on religious freedom.
Parts of this Health Care Law are very unconstitutional and the Supreme Court ruled that this one is. Look for many more unconstitutional law suits in the future over this terrible bill. Freedom of Religion is one of the first, there will be many more other than just the 1st amendment in the future.
Hobby Lobby has been paying for 16 or the 20 birth control products for 30 years and then Sebelius writes in 4 more that they are against paying for.
Government should not be in the health care businesses in the first place.
This bill is a perfect example as to why.
This bill violates many people in this country's constitutional rights.

Just wait and see how many people are going to lose their insurance with their companies when the full bill kicks in.
This bill is going to make our health care into an assembly line run system. It is already happening in many places around the country.
Forcing our young people to pay into a system they don't want and can't afford to begin with is another one that will be coming up in the courts in the future.
Being forced into this Health Care system which is a scam in and of it's self is very unconstitutional and something that is bad for many and good for a few.

Birth control pills prevent contraception. I can see a stance against abortion. But I don't understand those who are against the pill. One of the greatest modern miracles of our time. Preventing unwanted pregnancies isn't a bad thing. That being said, I side on the decision.

They only refused to pay for abortion pills.....That's not contraceptive that's ending a life. Why is it liberals think women are just sluts that cant control their libido?

Its actually worse than that...They refused to pay for pills THEY BELIEVE cause abortions despite that not being the truth scientifically speaking of course. So not only do you have them refusing to pay based on religious beliefs but they are also refusing to pay based on not believing facts.

When someone can disregard reality and refuse to pay based on that then you have Wesley Snips situations where people can argue that even tho something is not true, we have to respect their made up thoughts on it.

Freedom OF religion not FROM it pointdexter. The SCOUS followed the constitution no mater how much it annoys you fascists.

Birth control pills prevent contraception. I can see a stance against abortion. But I don't understand those who are against the pill. One of the greatest modern miracles of our time. Preventing unwanted pregnancies isn't a bad thing. That being said, I side on the decision.

They only refused to pay for abortion pills.....That's not contraceptive that's ending a life. Why is it liberals think women are just sluts that cant control their libido?

Its actually worse than that...They refused to pay for pills THEY BELIEVE cause abortions despite that not being the truth scientifically speaking of course. So not only do you have them refusing to pay based on religious beliefs but they are also refusing to pay based on not believing facts.

When someone can disregard reality and refuse to pay based on that then you have Wesley Snips situations where people can argue that even tho something is not true, we have to respect their made up thoughts on it.
So I am curious...

are you saying that the administration who is made up of some of the smartest minds in the nation and lead by the "smartest man in the room" hired attorneys that presented an inaccurate, incomplete and sub par case to the SCOTUS?

Now! Did you really expect the world of hypocrisy to see anything wrong with their one-way thinking. Its all about Cash to them. That is where the hypocrisy lies. Money is good to and for them but the teachings of which they believe, once it gets into the way of them making money, is so not even thought about.

Straight from Mother Jones. I don't think so. Those companies they invested in don't specialize in just making abortifacients. They make a wide array of drugs that the Hobby Lobby plan covers.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistakes.

It's quoted and verified by Forbes. ANd of course you didn't click on the link to the IRS returns either, now did you?

They knew what those pharmas were making and they kept the stock anyway.

Post fail, bub.

So I am curious...

are you saying that the administration who is made up of some of the smartest minds in the nation and lead by the "smartest man in the room" hired attorneys that presented an inaccurate, incomplete and sub par case to the SCOTUS?

No what I said what Hobby Lobby believes something that is factually not true and they are basing their arguments on that. If people are allowed to ignore facts and believe anythign they want despite facts then thats a problem.

Still confused I bet but thats your problem not mine

Freedom OF religion not FROM it pointdexter. The SCOUS followed the constitution no mater how much it annoys you fascists.

Wow, that had zero to do with what I just said. Thanks

10502336_757870054235820_6303124524187125282_n.jpg

Plan B pills & Ella
prevent a fertilized egg from being attached to the uterus. As well as the other two intrauterine devices.
Many religious people believe that as soon as an egg is fertilized that is the beginning of life.
This is their 1st amendment right.

All of the women who want and use these 4 types of birth control have paid for it when they wanted to. They still have that right. They don't have the right to force anyone else to pay for it.
If they can't afford it they can get them for free at any clinics around this country.
They can also drop Hobby Lobbies Insurance and get the AHCA.
Their rights have not been violated, but many businesses religious rights were.

I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to by crafting materials to construct a giant IUD and leave it in their parking lot.

I'll then donate to Planned Parenthood.

I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to by crafting materials to construct a giant IUD and leave it in their parking lot.

I'll then donate to Planned Parenthood.

So you're going to put up a giant T in their parking lot and expect most people to know what that is? :lol:
Only 8.5% of American women use IUD's

Most of them will probably think it means thanks.

Last edited:
Straight from Mother Jones. I don't think so. Those companies they invested in don't specialize in just making abortifacients. They make a wide array of drugs that the Hobby Lobby plan covers.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistakes.

It's quoted and verified by Forbes. ANd of course you didn't click on the link to the IRS returns either, now did you?

Post fail, bub.

It is an OPINION PIECE CITING A LEFT LEANING NEWS OUTLET YOU IDIOT.

Wow, posting in bold really makes me look cool!

Seriously...you went head over heals over a fake story posted on Got News and you are criticizing other sources.

I fully agree with SCOTUS ruling on the Hobby Lobby issue, but I do think investing in companies that research or sell the very contraceptive products they abhor is hypocritical. If their principles are so steadfast that they will go to the Supreme Court to protect their rights...they have a duty and a responsibility to those of us that support them to be diligent in their investments. How can one protest anything if they are profiting off of what they protest? How can they effect change if they financially support and profit from what they are protesting.

Same with any investors...if you are against something...make sure your portfolio doesn't support it. If you believe companies should give back to the community, then make sure the companies you invest in - give back to the community. This isn't about politics...its about hypocrisy and practicing what you preach, 100%. If you are a Teaper or a liberal and believe in not compromising your ideals, why do you compromise those ideas in your investments?

Plan B pills & Ella
prevent a fertilized egg from being attached to the uterus. As well as the other two intrauterine devices.
Many religious people believe that as soon as an egg is fertilized that is the beginning of life.

As I said, when people can ignore reality and instead apply their own fantasy beliefs we are no longer dealing with facts. If we arent dealing with facts that is a problem.

For example: Someone believes that a vaccine causes sin. So they simply say "I believe this causes sin and I wont pay for it"

What will be the retort? Facts? LOL! Science? LMAO!

There is no retort because now we have to deal in fantasy land

Plan B pills & Ella

As I said, when people can ignore reality and instead apply their own fantasy beliefs we are no longer dealing with facts. If we arent dealing with facts that is a problem.

For example: Someone believes that a vaccine causes sin. So they simply say "I believe this causes sin and I wont pay for it"

We will have this argument of when life begins until Science had proved it, one way or the other.
Until then it is about our beliefs.

Plan B pills & Ella

We will have this argument of when life begins until Science had proved it, one way or the other.
Until then it is about our beliefs.

No this is about facts and the fact is that Plan B is not an abortificant at all under any circumstances. Thats a fact...what you want to do is ignore facts.

Post fail, bub.

It is an OPINION PIECE CITING A LEFT LEANING NEWS OUTLET YOU IDIOT.

Wow, posting in bold really makes me look cool!
You are an incredibly weak poster. You get pwned constantly, you never use facts, and you deny them when they are pointed out to you.

I think ignore list for you. Life's too short to argue with retards.

Guess whaT? Hobby Lobby won! :dance:

It's driving these limp-wristed pussies crazy. They are tearing their hair out by the roots. I honestly can not wait till November. It will be hilarious!

Their little pin heads will literally be exploding! :lol:

So I am curious...

The conservatives on the Court had their minds made up already. This was a politically decided case that Hobby Lobby won not because of any significant legal advantage constitutionally,

but because HL had a 5 to 4 political advantage on the Court.

If the Court were currently 5 to 4 left of center, Hobby Lobby would have lost and the Right would be calling for impeaching the 5 judges who decided against them.

Forum List

Back