Hobby Lobby Invested in Abortion and Contraception Products

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Didn't take long to discover this bit of typical rightwing hypocrisy, as reported by Forbes:

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection

Hobby Lobby Invested In Numerous Abortion And Contraception Products While Claiming Religious Objection - Forbes

Savings Incentive and Profit Sharing Plan for Employees of the Hobby Lobby Group

According to the Green family, interfering with an already fertilized egg is tantamount to abortion—an act unacceptable to the family and one they refuse to participate in no matter what the Affordable Care Act may require .

However, it turns out that the owners of Hobby Lobby do not appear to have any problem with profiting from the companies that manufacture the very products that so grievously offend their religious principles.

The following is a summation of the companies manufacturing these products that are held by the Hobby Lobby employee retirement plan, as set forth by Ms. Redden’s remarkable reporting:

These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis ACT +0.26%, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer PFE +0.25%, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer , which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca AZN +0.54%, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions. Several funds in the Hobby Lobby retirement plan also invested in Aetna AET -0.49% and Humana, two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in many of the health care policies they sell.

Last edited:
From Forbes:

"""......Hobby Lobby is entitled to no such admiration—only contempt. You simply can’t say that you will give your all in defense of your closely held beliefs when it suits you while seeking to make money in violation of those beliefs. You also cannot pretend you were simply negligent in learning what investments you hold if you are going to hold yourself out as an example of righteousness.

By setting this perfectly awful example, Hobby Lobby’s hypocrisy will do little to aid—and much to deter—others willing to stand up for the Bill of Rights in the future. All they have accomplished is to provide more air to the cynicism that already envelops the nation, cynicism that exists precisely because of entities like Hobby Lobby."""

If a fucking rightwinger couldn't be a hypocrite, he wouldn't exist.

crickets.1.jpg

Straight from Mother Jones. I don't think so. Those companies they invested in don't specialize in just making abortifacients. They make a wide array of drugs that the Hobby Lobby plan covers.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistake.

Straight from Mother Jones. I don't think so. Those companies they invested in don't specialize in just making abortifacients. They make a wide array of drugs that the Hobby Lobby plan covers.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistakes.

It's quoted and verified by Forbes. ANd of course you didn't click on the link to the IRS returns either, now did you?

They knew what those pharmas were making and they kept the stock anyway.

Post fail, bub.

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistakes.

It's quoted and verified by Forbes. ANd of course you didn't click on the link to the IRS returns either, now did you?

Post fail, bub.

It is an OPINION PIECE CITING A LEFT LEANING NEWS OUTLET YOU IDIOT.

Wow, posting in bold really makes me look cool!

Last edited:

Thread fail. Citing Mother Jones and touting an opinion piece was your first mistake.

Here you go, troll:

Anti-abortion company Hobby Lobby invests in contraception makers

CBS has corroborated MJ's findings, too.

Anti-abortion company Hobby Lobby invests in contraception makers - CBS News

Post fail, bub.

It is an OPINION PIECE CITING A LEFT LEANING NEWS OUTLET YOU IDIOT.

Wow, posting in bold really makes me look cool!

Documents from filings with the Labor Department in 2012 are not opinions.
You really can't read past a few lines, can you? Or won't you?

"The information on Hobby Lobby's 401(k) investments is included in the company's 2013 annual disclosure to the Department of Labor. The records contain a list, dated December 31, 2012, of 24 funds that were included in its employer-sponsored retirement plan. """

How DARE Hobby Lobby invest an EMPLOYEE retirement plan! Don't they know democrats don't want employees to have retirement plans.

Hobby Lobby no doubt invests in mutual funds which has a collection of companies comprising the mutual fund. It's not like they specifically CHOSE these for their portfolio.

I'm sure now that they know Hobby Lobby will remove this company from the lust their 401k's invest in.

Wow, such denial.

This goes to show you can post corroborated links to IRS docs with two reliable news outlet sources such as Forbes and CBS, (I won't even list MJ even though their reporter found all the documents linking the Greens to Big Pharma abortion drugs), and the righties just go into catatonic denial.

But a rightwinger will post to a blog and call it holy. Losers.

Forum List

Back