Hmmmm...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/9836946.htm?1c>Iraq-al Qaeda tie called unlikely</a></h2></center>

<blockquote><b>A new review by the Central Intelligence Agency undercut the Bush administration's case that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was linked to Islamic terrorists.</b>

BY WARREN P. STROBEL, JONATHAN S. LANDAY AND JOHN WALCOTT

Knight Ridder News Service

WASHINGTON - A new CIA assessment undercuts the White House claim that Saddam Hussein maintained ties to al Qaeda, saying there is no conclusive evidence that the regime harbored terrorist Abu Musab al Zarqawi, U.S. officials said Monday.

The CIA review, which the officials said was requested some months ago by Vice President Dick Cheney, is the latest assessment that calls into question one of President Bush's key justifications for last year's U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

The new assessment follows the independent Sept. 11 commission's finding that there was no ''collaborative relationship'' between the former Iraqi regime and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network.</blockquote>

Hmmm...The electrical field from Cheney's pacemaker must be interfering with his ability to distinguish reality from the salacious fantasy the administration continues to spin about Osama and Saddam being in bed together. Either that, or his weakened heart isn't getting enough oxygen to his brain. They're begining to make sexual deviants look normal.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/9836946.htm?1c>Iraq-al Qaeda tie called unlikely</a></h2></center>

<blockquote><b>A new review by the Central Intelligence Agency undercut the Bush administration's case that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was linked to Islamic terrorists.</b>

BY WARREN P. STROBEL, JONATHAN S. LANDAY AND JOHN WALCOTT

Knight Ridder News Service

WASHINGTON - A new CIA assessment undercuts the White House claim that Saddam Hussein maintained ties to al Qaeda, saying there is no conclusive evidence that the regime harbored terrorist Abu Musab al Zarqawi, U.S. officials said Monday.

The CIA review, which the officials said was requested some months ago by Vice President Dick Cheney, is the latest assessment that calls into question one of President Bush's key justifications for last year's U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

The new assessment follows the independent Sept. 11 commission's finding that there was no ''collaborative relationship'' between the former Iraqi regime and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network.</blockquote>

Hmmm...The electrical field from Cheney's pacemaker must be interfering with his ability to distinguish reality from the salacious fantasy the administration continues to spin about Osama and Saddam being in bed together. Either that, or his weakened heart isn't getting enough oxygen to his brain. They're begining to make sexual deviants look normal.

Bully--listen very carefully--this is a global war on terrorism ! The administration has tried very hard to convince liberals that al qaeda was and is in Iraq while they SHOULD be stressing that al qaeda is not the ONLY terrorist group that is intent on attacking the US. The death of bin laden will not--repeat NOT stop the terrorists organization"S" from pursuing their barbaric cause. Hope that helps ya see why the US is at war in numerous places. ( yes I know---there are other "rogue" countries but they are NOT being ignored! )

Bullypulpit said:

In drafts, weapons hunter Charles Duelfer concluded Saddam's Iraq had no stockpiles of the banned weapons but said he found signs of idle programs that Saddam could have revived once international attention waned.

Saddam was importing banned materials, working on unmanned aerial vehicles in violation of U.N. agreements and maintaining industrial capability that could be converted to produce weapons, officials have said.

Yeah, sure looks like Saddam was on the track to sainthood! Bully, you look more silly as each day towards the election nears.

Why is it so hard to believe that Al Quada was in Iraq when it has cells in at least 80 other countries? What possible reason could Al Quada have for not establishing cells in Iraq? Isn't Iraq similar to all the other countries where Al Quada operates? I wouldn't put too much stock in what the CIA says about Al Quada. They sure didn't seem to be on top of things during the 9/11 Commission hearings.

jimnyc said:
Yeah, sure looks like Saddam was on the track to sainthood! Bully, you look more silly as each day towards the election nears.

Well, it can't be any sillier than Dubbyuh already looks eating crow. His reason for going to war with Iraq was that Saddam had WMD's on hand and was ready to use them against targets in America. His rationale for war has been totally discredited. :bang3:

Bullypulpit said:
Well, it can't be any sillier than The Entire Free World's Inteligence community, as well as leading Democrats in THIS country already looks eating crow. Their reason for going to war with Iraq was that Saddam had WMD's on hand and was ready to use them against targets in America. :bang3:

I fixed that for you...

dilloduck said:
Bully--listen very carefully--this is a global war on terrorism ! The administration has tried very hard to convince liberals that al qaeda was and is in Iraq while they SHOULD be stressing that al qaeda is not the ONLY terrorist group that is intent on attacking the US. The death of bin laden will not--repeat NOT stop the terrorists organization"S" from pursuing their barbaric cause. Hope that helps ya see why the US is at war in numerous places. ( yes I know---there are other "rogue" countries but they are NOT being ignored! )

Yet Dubbyuh persists in the notion that military might will spell the end of terrorism. This shows how utterly he, and his administration, fail to understand the nature of the enemy. The more firepower you indiscriminately throw at targets, the more collateral damage caused, the more civilians killed unintentionally, the more fertile the ground for terrorism. Keep the pressure on militarily, be very certain of targets, and give the people the tools they need to rebuild their country instead of awarding unbid contracts to Halliburton, KBR and others to hire outside contractors to do it. Then, we'll see some progress.

-=d=- said:
I fixed that for you...

Dubbyuh went to war not because of Saddam's intentions, but because of the certainty of his possession of WMD's. Mr. Duefel's report sent that rationale plunging into the deepest abyss.

No matter how one might wish to spin the issue, Dubbyuh and his cronies misled America into war, this alone warrants their impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors. Even worse was the deliberate sexing-up of intelligence by the Administration in order to justify their misguided foreign adventurism.

Bullypulpit said:
Dubbyuh went to war not because of Saddam's intentions, but because of the certainty of his possession of WMD's. Mr. Duefel's report sent that rationale plunging into the deepest abyss.

No matter how one might wish to spin the issue, Dubbyuh and his cronies misled America into war, this alone warrants their impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors. Even worse was the deliberate sexing-up of intelligence by the Administration in order to justify their misguided foreign adventurism.

One would think that Kerry would be for immediately pulling us out of this war that:
We were "misled"into.
was in wrong place.
was at the wrong time.

Don't tell me we are stuck there now so we have to keep fighting. He screamed for the US to pull out of Viet Nam in the 70s. Why isn't he doing so now? I think we all know the answer to that !!!!

Bully, let me make this concept real simple so you can understand it, since you have never been in any real position of authority or command. When you are the top decision maker, be it the government, or a corporation, you can not possibly you must rely on other people to gather and complile information you need to make your decisions. If the information provided to you is faulty, and you make a wrong decision, yes utimately you are responsible for that decision, BUT, that is in no way the same thing as lying !!!!

Being the top officer, you shoulder the responsibility for everything, and you do your best to surround yourself with competent people, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, and I can tell you from personal experience, there are no perfect employees.

So stop with this lying crap, he was simply provided bad information, which by the way came also from the British, French, German, and Russian intelligence services. Starts to make you look very foolish; like you are blinded so much by hate that you have lost the sight of truth !

Bully---I thought you were smarter than to get caught up with liberal propaganda to smear Bush.----Honestly-Why do you think Kerry is planning to stay in Iraq if it was such a screwed up thing to do in the first place !

Bullypulpit said:
Well, it can't be any sillier than Dubbyuh already looks eating crow. His reason for going to war with Iraq was that Saddam had WMD's on hand and was ready to use them against targets in America. His rationale for war has been totally discredited. :bang3:

Why do you liberals expect us to just swallow this lie just because you say it? We were all watching the build up to the war. It was a preventative strike. We took out Iraq now so they couldnt develop the Weapons they could give the terrorists later. The whole concept in Iraq as a preemptive war was just that to eliminate threats before they fully materialize. This isnt a very difficult concept to understand so i must assume that liberals are willfully trying to ignore this.

Why do you liberals expect us to just swallow this lie just because you say it? We were all watching the build up to the war. It was a preventative strike. We took out Iraq now so they couldnt develop the Weapons they could give the terrorists later. The whole concept in Iraq as a preemptive war was just that to eliminate threats before they fully materialize. This isnt a very difficult concept to understand so i must assume that liberals are willfully trying to ignore this.

They ignore it because it suites their agenda. Simple.

Total desperation as evidenced by Kerry WANTING TO STAY THERE ANYWAY. I know I'm getting repetative here but it just dawned on me today that if Kerry is NOT going to campaign on the US getting outta there then WTF does it matter how we got there ????????

eric said:
Bully, let me make this concept real simple so you can understand it, since you have never been in any real position of authority or command. When you are the top decision maker, be it the government, or a corporation, you can not possibly you must rely on other people to gather and complile information you need to make your decisions. If the information provided to you is faulty, and you make a wrong decision, yes utimately you are responsible for that decision, BUT, that is in no way the same thing as lying !!!!

Being the top officer, you shoulder the responsibility for everything, and you do your best to surround yourself with competent people, but hey, everyone makes mistakes, and I can tell you from personal experience, there are no perfect employees.

So stop with this lying crap, he was simply provided bad information, which by the way came also from the British, French, German, and Russian intelligence services. Starts to make you look very foolish; like you are blinded so much by hate that you have lost the sight of truth !

Dubbyuh obviously failed to surround himself with even minimally competent people. And, misled...lied...same thing. He didn't get the intel he wanted to justify the war so Rummy's Office of Special Projects sexed-up the intel. The British, French, German, and Russian intel did not speak of certainties with regards to WMD's in Iraq, only of possibilities. The OSP simply substituted the words "maybe" and "possibly" in the intel with the words "definitely" and "certainly".

As for Dubbyuh's assertion that America, and the world, are safer because Saddam is in jail...Well, that just goes to show how radical Dubbyuh's disconnect from reality is. Where have all of Saddam's N/B/C warfare experts gone? Before Dubbyuh invaded Iraq, they were all in one place...they were known quantities. Now, however, they are likely scattered to the four winds and who knows where they are or who they're working for.

So, old son, why don't you wake up and smell the coffee? Dubbyuh and his merry band have embroiled America in a quagmire that will take years, if not decades to extricate this nation, and the world, from. And the full extent of the blowback has yet to be measured, and we will all be apalled when it is. If you want four more years of this kind of ineptitude, then by all means, elect Dubbyuh. I'll just say, "I told you so.", when the shit intersects the fan-blades.

dilloduck said:
Bully---I thought you were smarter than to get caught up with liberal propaganda to smear Bush.----Honestly-Why do you think Kerry is planning to stay in Iraq if it was such a screwed up thing to do in the first place !

Well, since America, under the inept leadership of Dubbyuh started the shit, America, under Kerry is still obligated to clean up the mess. And who mentioned anything about liberal propaganda? I'm just calling it as I see it...Just like everyone else here does.

Bullypulpit said:
Dubbyuh obviously failed to surround himself with even minimally competent people. And, misled...lied...same thing. He didn't get the intel he wanted to justify the war so Rummy's Office of Special Projects sexed-up the intel. The British, French, German, and Russian intel did not speak of certainties with regards to WMD's in Iraq, only of possibilities. The OSP simply substituted the words "maybe" and "possibly" in the intel with the words "definitely" and "certainly".

As for Dubbyuh's assertion that America, and the world, are safer because Saddam is in jail...Well, that just goes to show how radical Dubbyuh's disconnect from reality is. Where have all of Saddam's N/B/C warfare experts gone? Before Dubbyuh invaded Iraq, they were all in one place...they were known quantities. Now, however, they are likely scattered to the four winds and who knows where they are or who they're working for.

So, old son, why don't you wake up and smell the coffee? Dubbyuh and his merry band have embroiled America in a quagmire that will take years, if not decades to extricate this nation, and the world, from. And the full extent of the blowback has yet to be measured, and we will all be apalled when it is. If you want four more years of this kind of ineptitude, then by all means, elect Dubbyuh. I'll just say, "I told you so.", when the shit intersects the fan-blades.

Your right bully. LEts just let Saddam out of jail and put him back in power. Lets just go the way we were going and reinstate ther oil for food program. LEts just let Saddam continue to bribe France, Russia and Germany till they remove sanctions from Iraq altogether. LEts just leave them be or better yet trade them Nuclear fuel with his solemn promise that he wont use it to make nuclear weapons. I mean just because NK screwed us doesnt mean Saddam would. Kerry obviously thinks highly enough for dictatorships that he's willing to give the mullahs of Iran nuclear fuel with that same promise that they wont pursue a nuclear bomb. Kerry is a genious so he must know something we dont. We'll give nuclear fuel to the trustworthy regime of Iran and bring Saddam back to power. Good idea Bully.

Bullypulpit said:
As for Dubbyuh's assertion that America, and the world, are safer because Saddam is in jail...Well, that just goes to show how radical Dubbyuh's disconnect from reality is.

So what does that say about Kerry who made the following statment during the democratic primaries?

Those who doubted whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe we are not safer with his capture, don’t have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected president.

insein said:
Your right bully. LEts just let Saddam out of jail and put him back in power. Lets just go the way we were going and reinstate ther oil for food program. LEts just let Saddam continue to bribe France, Russia and Germany till they remove sanctions from Iraq altogether. LEts just leave them be or better yet trade them Nuclear fuel with his solemn promise that he wont use it to make nuclear weapons. I mean just because NK screwed us doesnt mean Saddam would. Kerry obviously thinks highly enough for dictatorships that he's willing to give the mullahs of Iran nuclear fuel with that same promise that they wont pursue a nuclear bomb. Kerry is a genious so he must know something we dont. We'll give nuclear fuel to the trustworthy regime of Iran and bring Saddam back to power. Good idea Bully.

Brilliant riposte, and has nothing to do with the topic at hand. :wtf:

Flying Duck said:
So what does that say about Kerry who made the following statment during the democratic primaries?

Those who doubted whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe we are not safer with his capture, don’t have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected president.

It means neither of them are fit to be president. Big surprise that.

Forum List

Back