Hmmm... Yep, I'm going to do some Bush blaming again.

CaféAuLait;2411161 said:
The ban was an EXECUTIVE ORDER put in place by his father.

He didn't need Congress' approval. He was urging congress to open even MORE drilling, which they did NOT do at the time.

And Obama opened areas which had never been opened before.
Name five.

:rolleyes:
The president announced the change at a military base outside
Washington, saying he knows environmentalists will be disappointed
-- but that reversing the ban is necessary to feed the nation's
appetite for energy. He says it's part of a broader strategy to
move the country away from depending on fossil fuel and foreign
oil.

The new policy allows oil drilling off Virginia's shoreline, and
considers drilling for a big chunk of the Atlantic seaboard. The
ban had limited drilling along coastal areas other than the Gulf of
Mexico.

By opening parts of the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico to oil
drilling, the Obama administration wants to tap a huge energy
resource that could keep fuel costs in check.

President Obama lifts ban on offshore drilling

is being stupid painful to you, or don't you have that level of self awareness?

rabid partisan fuckwit

Booooooooooosh!!!11!1!!!1!!!!111!!

The Dem tackover in 2006...... BUSH!!!!!! :lol:
You mean t-a-k-e-o-v-e-r?????? :confused:

Hell.....the GOP DROPPED him.....and, RAN LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsziT-oDgqE]YouTube - George W. Bush -- History's Worst President[/ame]

118.gif

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2411135 said:
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

Obama to Open Offshore Areas to Oil Drilling for First Time - NYTimes.com

Bowing to Republican pressure in order to reach a compromise on energy...

Yes, yes he did. And he shouldn't of. That we can agree on.

The difference?

Bush WAS the Republican pressure, trying to force Democrats into offshore drilling.

What a crock of shit! The democrats had the majority in both houses and you claim he bowed to republican pressure?

Once again, everyone takes this tragedy and then learns the WRONG message from it. This accident does not mean we should cease drilling. Everyone wants to point a finger at the people opening up these arias to drilling. Guess what, that is credit NOT blame as that is EXACTLY what we should be doing. You do not stop driving because you get in a car accident. You do not stop drilling because there is a spill. You address the PROBLEM not erase the benefits. We should have learned that there needs to be a better safety net to seal off the well if there is an accident and that there needs to be real executable plans in place for these emergencies. Nowhere in this is there a need to cut off the drilling. If you truly feel that way then put up - STOP USING OIL. Until then you need to accept the fact that we need to drill here and that offshore drilling is going to be a part of that process. This idea that we want to blame Obama because he signed the permits, blame Bush because he was pro oil or blame the Tea Party because they called drill baby drill is hypocritical, nonsensical and stupid partisan hackery. Let's get off the blame game for drilling and realize the real world cost, benefits and requirements that we are faced with in this endeavor.

Last edited:
If a plane crashes we don't stop flights for six months. This is retarded.

And if you do , you certainly don't expect the company that owned the plane that crashed to pay the salaries of those who are out of work because of a government decision.

And if you do , you certainly don't expect the company that owned the plane that crashed to pay the salaries of those who are out of work because of a government decision.

But if a company negligently crashed the plane into a factory you just might. It is the gambit that the oil companies must pay when reaping the extreme benefits that come with dangers of drilling.

But if a company negligently crashed the plane into a factory you just might. It is the gambit that the oil companies must pay when reaping the extreme benefits that come with dangers of drilling.

No.
Read the post. The gov't expects BP to pay compensation to people laid off because of government decisions.
If a company negligently crashes a plane, they should pay for all damage they incur by their actions. They should not pay the salaries of other airlines because their planes were idled by gov't edict.
Now Owebama has a new grab with the insurance claims, despite the fact that BP is processing those claims in a timely and open manner.

I will concede that. I was referring to the people directly impacted because of the disaster, not those that are not working because of government stupidity and overreaction.

No I wouldn't.

so let's look at this logically.

If you own a company in an industry and I own a company in an industry and you had an industrial accident that had the government going "woah we better halt this for 6 months" you would think it was fair if the government said you FA need to pay ConHog's employees while we have your industry shut down?

So, if you're bashing BOOSH for proposing it, you must REALLY hate congress for approving it.

The ban was an EXECUTIVE ORDER put in place by his father.

He didn't need Congress' approval. He was urging congress to open even MORE drilling, which they did NOT do at the time.

Let me get this straight. You are blaming Bush for trying to open up off shore drilling, and failing, but not blaming Obama for succeeding at doing the same thing?

:cuckoo:

I don't show partisanship. for God's sakes fool I've voted in 5 Presidential elections and the last one was my first vote for a Republican, traditionally the right party (direction wise)

I hate pretty much ALL politicians of any party b/c I think they hate the very country I swore to defend.

Ah, yes, so you claim. I have no way to prove you wrong...

However, unless you've just had a radical change of personality that led you to be on the diametrically opposed end of the scale from where you started, you will have to excuse me if I continue to doubt said claim.

Are you asking if there any politicians that are too far right for me? LOL the answer is no, because you equate conservative to right and I don't believe there any truly conservative politicians out there. I believe they are all scum who will liberally screw us over to line their own pockets.

If you were just talking about policy wise, McCain is starting to go too right for me

Now, I KNOW the answer you wanted to hear, You WANTED me to say Sarah Palin

but

A) I don't follow the tea party at all, not my cup of umm tea
B) She is not a politician

as far as that goes, I don't like Hannity, I don't listen to Rush and I think Huckabee tries to get to preachy.

Note the bolded portion, where you admit that you believe everyone is actually to the left of conservative, and that there cannot possibly be a "conservative extremist".

There's your answer, right there.

Now you answer the same question. Any politicians and or news anchors you think go too far left?

ALL the news anchors on MSNBC are way too far left. Dennis Kucinich, MoveOn.org, etc. are definitely radical extremists, along with many others I could mention.

There are MANY lefties that I consider to be radical extremists, just as there are many conservatives that I consider to be extremists.

Oh, also, Sarah Palin is in fact a politician, Mike Huckabee is a conservative extremist, and Sean Hannity is so extreme that he's a complete nut-job.

Now, that being said:

ConHog, I'm afraid I have been a little hot-headed towards you in the past few threads I have posted in.

I'm afraid I was a bit angry after a few drinks and reading some rather offensive posts that were not in fact written by you, and I took it out on you.

I apologize. I'm usually a bit more rational in my debate style.

:lol: you're calling me a retard? Hmm, normal people consider someone to be a winger if they just follow the herd on ALL things. Not everyone that leans left or right, which i do, is a winger. Moron

where did he call you a retard?

That actually confused me a bit, I don't recall doing that, and can't seem to find any point at which I did.

Now, that being said:

ConHog, I'm afraid I have been a little hot-headed towards you in the past few threads I have posted in.

I'm afraid I was a bit angry after a few drinks and reading some rather offensive posts that were not in fact written by you, and I took it out on you.

Apology accepted, and I apologize for retaliating.

On the other hand , it is just the internet, so fuck off ****** :lol:

Just kidding about that that last liine.

Oh bullshit.

Bush was the pressure? With a democrat in the white house, a democratic controlled house, and a democratic controlled senate...and you want to blame this on Bush?!?!

No one's buying it. Obama and the democrats own this policy, lock stock and barrel.

Go peddle this crap elsewhere.

Once again, I'll just copy and paste my prior post:

Since the Bush administration, as shown in this video, the Republicans have been screaming about opening offshore drilling.

It went so far that their platform in the 2008 elections was in fact "Drill Baby Drill".

Some time later, the Democrats, who had resisted additional drilling for some time, lost their super-majority in Congress as they were beginning to create an energy bill.

Finally, the president, with a long amount of consideration, and some obvious reluctance, gives the go-ahead for drilling, just like the Republicans wanted all along, just at the point when they were trying to hammer out an Energy Bill.

So now, it's the Democrats who wanted it all along???

What kind of BS revisionist history are you people trying to pull here? Do you really think the average Americans attention span is that short????

Now, that being said:

Apology accepted, and I apologize for retaliating.

On the other hand , it is just the internet, so fuck off ****** :lol:

Just kidding about that that last liine.

ROFL. All good, taken in context with our other conversation it's quite amusing.

Forum List

Back