Hmmm... Yep, I'm going to do some Bush blaming again.

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Say what you will, but this is a good one....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lKIrQHGCE&feature=related]YouTube - Bush Lifts Off Shore Drilling Ban, Tells Congress to Act[/ame]

• Banned
CaféAuLait;2411135 said:
WASHINGTON &#8212; The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

Obama to Open Offshore Areas to Oil Drilling for First Time - NYTimes.com

Bowing to Republican pressure in order to reach a compromise on energy...

Yes, yes he did. And he shouldn't of. That we can agree on.

The difference?

Bush WAS the Republican pressure, trying to force Democrats into offshore drilling.

CaféAuLait;2411135 said:
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

The difference?

Bush WAS the Republican pressure, trying to force Democrats into offshore drilling.

Just shut up, no one is fooled into believing Obama has ANY interest in bipartisanship.

• Banned
CaféAuLait;2411135 said:
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is proposing to open vast expanses of water along the Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the north coast of Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling, much of it for the first time, officials said Tuesday.

The difference?

Means nothing, the reasons-- repubs were/are the minority when Obama made his decision, they both ( Bush/Obama) did the same thing-- no "change" at all.

Just shut up, no one is fooled into believing Obama has ANY interest in bipartisanship.

At least no-one who is a brainwashed ditto-head.

:lol: I have never listened to Rush on the radio, not once.

ROFL. Did I mention Rush? I'm sure you have your own personal choice of what crazy right-wing talking head you let brainwash you from week to week.

Ditto-Head has become more of a general term.

So, if you're bashing BOOSH for proposing it, you must REALLY hate congress for approving it.

The ban was an EXECUTIVE ORDER put in place by his father.

He didn't need Congress' approval. He was urging congress to open even MORE drilling, which they did NOT do at the time.

And Obama opened areas which had never been opened before.

CaféAuLait;2411158 said:
Means nothing, the reasons-- repubs were/are the minority when Obama made his decision, they both ( Bush/Obama) did the same thing-- no "change" at all.

Repubs had just gained the ability to filibuster any such legislation, and had shown the will and desire to make any such filibuster happen.

So, if you're bashing BOOSH for proposing it, you must REALLY hate congress for approving it.

He didn't need Congress' approval. He was urging congress to open even MORE drilling, which they did NOT do at the time.

This article has big words, so you might run into trouble, but I suggest you try to read it, Congressional approval certainly was needed.

Lifting the Offshore Drilling Ban: A Positive Step in the Fight against High Energy Prices | The Heritage Foundation

At least no-one who is a brainwashed ditto-head.

:lol: I have never listened to Rush on the radio, not once.

ROFL. Did I mention Rush? I'm sure you have your own personal choice of what crazy right-wing talking head you let brainwash you from week to week.

Ditto-Head has become more of a general term.

Actually I think it's pretty clear that I am not a right wing person. Do they generally support amnesty? Are they generally pro choice, among other things that I am on record on t his board supporting?

As for ditto head, no it is NOT a general term, it specifically applies to listeners of Rush's show.

This article has big words, so you might run into trouble, but I suggest you try to read it, Congressional approval certainly was needed.

Lifting the Offshore Drilling Ban: A Positive Step in the Fight against High Energy Prices | The Heritage Foundation

It does have big words, big words like "additional drilling" and
"Many of America's offshore areas are closed".

And this was the exact same period that the Republican party platform was in fact "Drill baby Drill".

Actually I think it's pretty clear that I am not a right wing person. Do they generally support amnesty? Are they generally pro choice, among other things that I am on record on t his board supporting?

As for ditto head, no it is NOT a general term, it specifically applies to listeners of Rush's show.

Wow, immigration and abortion! You're such a rebel.

I'm a right-winger on gun rights and reducing the deficit, and I don't care at all about abortion or gay rights.

That doesn't allow me to be a leftie on 90% of the rest of my philosophy and pretend I'm some sort of moderate.

"Bowing to Republican pressure..."

Good one. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Republican pressure" :cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol:

blamebush.jpg

Wow, immigration and abortion! You're such a rebel.

I'm a right-winger on gun rights and reducing the deficit, and I don't care at all about abortion or gay rights.

That doesn't allow me to be a leftie on 90% of the rest of my philosophy and pretend I'm some sort of moderate.

:lol: you're calling me a retard? Hmm, normal people consider someone to be a winger if they just follow the herd on ALL things. Not everyone that leans left or right, which i do, is a winger. Moron

OK, let's just look at the record here.

Since the Bush administration, as shown in this video, the Republicans have been screaming about opening offshore drilling.

It went so far that their platform in the 2008 elections was in fact "Drill Baby Drill".

Some time later, the Democrats, who had resisted additional drilling for some time, lost their super-majority in Congress as they were beginning to create an energy bill.

Finally, the president, with a long amount of consideration, and some obvious reluctance, gives the go-ahead for drilling, just like the Republicans wanted all along, just at the point when they were trying to hammer out an Energy Bill.

So now, it's the Democrats who wanted it all along???

What kind of BS revisionist history are you people trying to pull here? Do you really think the average Americans attention span is that short????

Forum List

Back