History of the marriage license

A couple of historic/biological facts to chew on:

Males are not monogamous by nature. While a female can create offspring only once every 9 months a make can be responsible for dozens.

Marriage brought order to that chaos.

Women outliving men is a fairly recent development to have happened. Through most history, a man outlived his wife by several years. Often times the women died from childbirth or complications.

It was estimated that more than half of California native females died in childbirth and only about 40% of the children lived beyond the first year - before the arrival of the Catholic Franciscans.

If the creation of the marriage license was rooted in racism, why then is it not being banned like the Confederate flag?

Marriage is a legal contract, not a symbol like a flag.

The contract of marriage turned women into property and deprived them of the right to own property.

Why aren't you making that your argument to ban marriage?

Or are you only fixated on racism?

married women can't own property? :confused-84:

ONLY UNDER SHARIA LAW IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES!!!

my point exactly. the idiot derideo said that marriage deprived women of the right to own property. I wonder is Hillary knows that.

If the creation of the marriage license was rooted in racism, why then is it not being banned like the Confederate flag?

your sarcasm is noted, but will be missed by 99% of liberals.
And you miss that your racist banner has not been banned anywhere.

racist banner? The stars and bars is not, and never was, the flag of the confederacy, it was a regimental battle flag. Only the left wing media and the race baiters have tried to make it a symbol or racism.

Now, I don't think it should fly over any government buildings. but any place else is up to whoever owns the property.

racist banner? The stars and bars is not, and never was, the flag of the confederacy, it was a regimental battle flag. Only the left wing media and the race baiters have tried to make it a symbol or racism.

Now, I don't think it should fly over any government buildings. but any place else is up to whoever owns the property.
No. It was the flag of white supremacist, pro-segregation southerners and is the flag of the klan.

The contract of marriage turned women into property and deprived them of the right to own property.

my point exactly. the idiot derideo said that marriage deprived women of the right to own property. I wonder is Hillary knows that.
It did. The law changed around the time women were allowed to vote. Study a little history, dumbass.

image.jpg
Sure. Not a symbol of racism.

No. It was the flag of white supremacist, pro-segregation southerners and is the flag of the klan.

here ya go, idiot. Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

yes, the KKK used that flag, the KKK also used the american flag. The Clintons used the stars and bars during Bubba's Arkansas campaign.

That flag is not a racist symbol except in the minds of ignorant white trash and ghetto blacks (and of course, the biased libtardian media).

It did...which is why we now have "government marriage". A woman sued for the right to retain property in her own name after the marriage. (HINT: She won)

It did. The law changed around the time women were allowed to vote. Study a little history, dumbass.

Female ownership of property was not denied by marriage licenses.

here ya go, idiot. Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

yes, the KKK used that flag, the KKK also used the american flag. The Clintons used the stars and bars during Bubba's Arkansas campaign.

That flag is not a racist symbol except in the minds of ignorant white trash and ghetto blacks (and of course, the biases libtardian media).

Except it was flown over state houses and added to state flags in the late 50s and early 60s. Golly, what was goin' on then, Cleetus?

Robert KKK Byrd (D) used that flag and owned a large collection of sheets. The KKK was primarily made up of democrats and it existed in every state, not just the southern states.

Female ownership of property was not denied by marriage licenses.

Wrong, wrong, wrong...as usual. And because I point out you're wrong and provide evidence...you "ignore" me. You don't ignore the people that call you names, just the ones that provide the facts.

Married Women's Property Acts in the United States

Robert KKK Byrd (D) used that flag and owned a large collection of sheets. The KKK was primarily made up of democrats and it existed in every state, not just the southern states.

and then he denounced that life.

what is the southern strategy?

you don't seem to know history

and then he denounced that life.

what is the southern strategy?

you don't seem to know history

I understand all that, I was just pointing out that, historically racism resided mostly in the democrat party.

The party of Lincoln (the GOP) eliminated slavery in spite of democrat opposition. the democrats fillibustered the civil rights act of 1965, it was passed because of republican votes.

View attachment 44870 Sure. Not a symbol of racism.

I wonder how the mind works sometimes. If they drove a Yugo, would yogo's be racist?

Because a group uses a symbol they did not create, it does not mean that the symbol is there's.

I wonder how the mind works sometimes. If they drove a Yugo, would yogo's be racist?

Because a group uses a symbol they did not create, it does not mean that the symbol is there's.

The symbol of the Swastika and its 12 000-year-old history Ancient Origins

The swastika symbol has been around for 12,000 years but can you see it today and not make the racist connection?

The swastika symbol has been around for 12,000 years but can you see it today and not make the racist connection?

when did jewish become a race? I thought it was a religion.

Are you denying that the Nazi's were white supremacists?

Are you denying that the Nazi's were white supremacists?

John Wayne Gacy wore clown makeup, not much different than what you wear on your avatar.

Just a thought on symbolism.

Forum List

Back