Historic Flooding and NO Obama

So you guys want him in New York, Tennessee, and the Gulf all at the same time?

I think some of you are perpetually PMSing.

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

no, because what's going on in Tennessee is nothing like what happened in NO, with thousands trapped. Looks like Tennessee is handling everything, and there aren't thousands stranded in deplorable conditions.

And to think, we didn't have 5 days lead time. Perhaps had New Orleans and Louisiana had decent leadership in 2005, then there wouldn't have been thousands stranded in deplorable conditions there. It was never the federal government's fault that New Orleans became such a disaster. The feds are not the parent of the state with the ability to override state authority even when it's apparent that the state officials are incompetent boobs. The fact that Obama used Katrina to bash Bush either shows that he's not smart enough to understand the federal role or he's a partisan hack that used a natural disaster for political gain and deserves to be held to a higher standard.

So you guys want him in New York, Tennessee, and the Gulf all at the same time?

I think some of you are perpetually PMSing.

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

President Obama does not have a failed horse show manager as head of FEMA. President Bush was told by Brown before the hurrican struck that the levees would not hold. Told in definate terms. And he still chose to go campaigning, instead of staying on top of the situation. After the hurrican, when reporters were driving into New Orleans freely, Brownie somehow could not bring himself to order the buses to go in and evacuate the people in the dome. Even after a seventeen year old boy took one of the buses and went in and brought it back out.

President Bush was rightly excoriated for the massive incompetance in his response to Katrina, before and after.

When exactly was George Bush elected as mayor of New Orleans? Do you really not understand that it was NOT the feds job to grab control away from the elected local leadership. The federal role is to offer SUPPORT to local and state governments when ASKED. As far as the evac went, you should be asking why Nagin didn't evacuate the city BEFORE the hurricane arrived. He had plenty of time.

President Obama does not have a failed horse show manager as head of FEMA. President Bush was told by Brown before the hurrican struck that the levees would not hold. Told in definate terms. And he still chose to go campaigning, instead of staying on top of the situation. After the hurrican, when reporters were driving into New Orleans freely, Brownie somehow could not bring himself to order the buses to go in and evacuate the people in the dome. Even after a seventeen year old boy took one of the buses and went in and brought it back out.

President Bush was rightly excoriated for the massive incompetance in his response to Katrina, before and after.

When exactly was George Bush elected as mayor of New Orleans? Do you really not understand that it was NOT the feds job to grab control away from the elected local leadership. The federal role is to offer SUPPORT to local and state governments when ASKED. As far as the evac went, you should be asking why Nagin didn't evacuate the city BEFORE the hurricane arrived. He had plenty of time.

And yet, this oil disaster is somehow Obama's fault?

Ya...Well...Duh!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can you show me where I've mentioned Obama and the oil spill? I know staying on topic is tough but please make the effort.

29 dead so far and obie don't give a rats drowning azz.

obie's busy. that time of the month

obama20bath.jpg

oh gee should i give gack the Nam license plates to the DMV ???? hmmm???

we didn't lose. some shit head liberal named LBJ started it. and got his ass canned by his own party.

way i see it your the only over rated shithole camp follower on here. how much you get paid for fuckin soldiers???? 25 cents thats all ????

Maybe when you start acting like an adult, people won't be quick to assume you're lying about being a veteran. That would make you at least pushing 60, my friend. Time to grow up.

i have. all the way up. and what im hearing about you in PM's is one for the books. and im NOT your friend

Oh nooooooooooooo!!!! Ya mean they're talkin' behind my back? :lol:

There are (2) Standards with the Left...

Most of what the Right is Saying right now is about the Standard (43) was Held to and how the Left doesn't seem to Apply it to their Candidate...

The Hypocrisy is Self-Evident.

:)

peace...

And yet in so many other areas of disagreement, whenever someone attempts to draw the hypocrisy by a Bush analogy, we get slammed with the usual comment "Bush isn't president anymore" and in effect told to shut up. Either we can talk about Bush or not, depending on whether you people think it helps justify your own positions.

You Need to get Over Booooosh!... He ain't President, and that's a Fact.

The Boy King has been in Power for a Year and with 3/3's Power...

Prior to that, he and his Party have had 2/3's Power since 2006...

It's Time for the Kids to Start Taking some Credit for the Job they have been doing for the last 4 Years!...

And YES, that Includes Barry...

He was almost a One-Term Senator during that Period!

:)

peace...

Then I guess it's time for all the cons to stop blaming the housing crash on Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act.

Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

Thousands Evacuated By Historic Floods - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

That's your problem. You apparently think that when people complained about the federal response to Katrina, they wanted Bush to go there. WRONG! They wanted FEMA to be there. And FEMA is on the job in Tennessee and all of the other states experiencing and inordinated amount of damage from the storms.

But then again, Obama appointed someone competent to run FEMA and not a liberal version of 'Brownie'. Under Brownie, the RCMP reached Louisiana before FEMA did. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are hopelessly partisian.

Hmm, let's see...

3 major crises at once, and Obama is dealing with all of them, PLUS Bush's 2 wars and the economic crisis he got left with, all at the same time.

And you fucking morons pick the one event that he isn't personally at and criticize him for it?

LOL.

And then you compare it to Bush hosting a birthday party at the ranch while New Orleans was destroyed?

Wow, is there something seriously wrong with you people, or what?

Last edited:
Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

Thousands Evacuated By Historic Floods - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

That's your problem. You apparently think that when people complained about the federal response to Katrina, they wanted Bush to go there. WRONG! They wanted FEMA to be there. And FEMA is on the job in Tennessee and all of the other states experiencing and inordinated amount of damage from the storms.

But then again, Obama appointed someone competent to run FEMA and not a liberal version of 'Brownie'. Under Brownie, the RCMP reached Louisiana before FEMA did. If you don't see that as a problem, then you are hopelessly partisian.

FEMA has done nothing in the state of Tennessee yet except fly over it. That's ok because the state has it under control but you show your ignorance in your assessment of the Katrina response. The state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans leadership let that area go into a complete melt down and then you apparently think that the feds were going to be able to wave a magic wand and make it all better. You should learn that the federal government was not meant to be your mama and daddy.

FEMA has done nothing in the state of Tennessee yet except fly over it. That's ok because the state has it under control but you show your ignorance in your assessment of the Katrina response. The state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans leadership let that area go into a complete melt down and then you apparently think that the feds were going to be able to wave a magic wand and make it all better. You should learn that the federal government was not meant to be your mama and daddy.

1. The governor of Tennessee did not request federal assistance.

2. The governor of Tennessee did not declare a State of Emergency.

Without either of these circumstances, FEMA cannot help.

Apparently the Governor of Tennessee plans on asking for federal assistance in the cleanup.

So this entire thread is a load of crap.

1. The governor of Tennessee did not request federal assistance.

2. The governor of Tennessee did not declare a State of Emergency.

Without either of these circumstances, FEMA cannot help.

Apparently the Governor of Tennessee plans on asking for federal assistance in the cleanup.

So this entire thread is a load of crap.

Actually, Bredesen has requested federal money already and you apparently have a reading comprehension issue. Read above where it says ( concise version ) FEMA'S done nothing and I don't care. My point has been the hypocrisy of those that expected Bush to react one way and Obama another.

Can you show me where I've mentioned Obama and the oil spill? I know staying on topic is tough but please make the effort.

Do you need links to righty's in here saying so? If you need them, then you need to pay attention skippy.

Do you need links to righty's in here saying so? If you need them, then you need to pay attention skippy.

Hey Jackass.. Reading comprehension ok? I said show me where I mentioned it. If you're talking about others in general, then you should make that clear. Don't address your question to me unless your addressing my comment.

Forum List

Back