Historic Flooding and NO Obama

Looks like there is no need for Obama to do anything, emergency management organization in Tennessee and Kentucky are handling it, no state of emergency is being declared and they are taking necessary precautions.

Next line of partisan bullshit

Local governments are responsible for emergency managemennt, as they should be. President Bush is not responsible for local government inaction during Katrina and more than Obama is responsible for this flooding.

It's amazing how you see the partisanship of the other side, but never your own.

Yes, the locals failed, but how long did it take for the Feds to step in once it did happen after Katrina? Days, while people were in deplorable conditions. the Feds should be been ready to deploy, as a hurricane is far more widespread and more damaging than the flooding in Tennessee. A faster response would of been appropriate, or better planning as they had 2 days to prepare for what everybody was calling a bad situations in NO. They should of had a plan in place to help the states when they are in trouble. So its a hell of a lot different.

you are the one being partisan if you can't see that, so don't preach to me.

Now if the states couldn't handle this flood and the feds were needed and didn't respond quick enough, then you guys would have a valid criticism of Obama's planning and response.

The Federal Government doesn't have authority to just "Step in". The Local governments have to requeste assistance. The Local government didn't request assistance for 2 days. Hence, the delayed response.

And please don't pretend you aren't being partisan. I am the one here who is putting responsibility for disasters on the local government in both cases.

Looks like there is no need for Obama to do anything, emergency management organization in Tennessee and Kentucky are handling it, no state of emergency is being declared and they are taking necessary precautions.

Local governments are responsible for emergency managemennt, as they should be. President Bush is not responsible for local government inaction during Katrina and more than Obama is responsible for this flooding.

It's amazing how you see the partisanship of the other side, but never your own.

There are (2) Standards with the Left...

Most of what the Right is Saying right now is about the Standard (43) was Held to and how the Left doesn't seem to Apply it to their Candidate...

The Hypocrisy is Self-Evident.

:)

peace...

Local flooding from lots of rain with state emergency crews taking care of everything versus Category 5 hurricane on a coastal city below sea level, with local agencies unable to handle such widespread damage. Yes, totally comparable

Local flooding from lots of rain with state emergency crews taking care of everything versus Category 5 hurricane on a coastal city below sea level, with local agencies unable to handle such widespread damage. Yes, totally comparable

The only difference is there is a competant local government in one area and an incompetant one in another.

Yes, the locals failed, but how long did it take for the Feds to step in once it did happen after Katrina? Days, while people were in deplorable conditions. the Feds should be been ready to deploy, as a hurricane is far more widespread and more damaging than the flooding in Tennessee. A faster response would of been appropriate, or better planning as they had 2 days to prepare for what everybody was calling a bad situations in NO. They should of had a plan in place to help the states when they are in trouble. So its a hell of a lot different.

you are the one being partisan if you can't see that, so don't preach to me.

Now if the states couldn't handle this flood and the feds were needed and didn't respond quick enough, then you guys would have a valid criticism of Obama's planning and response.

The Federal Government doesn't have authority to just "Step in". The Local governments have to requeste assistance. The Local government didn't request assistance for 2 days. Hence, the delayed response.

And please don't pretend you aren't being partisan. I am the one here who is putting responsibility for disasters on the local government in both cases.

Dont' ASSume you know what I'm doing, this is in no way comparable to a category 5 hurricane slamming the coast and a city that is below sea level in most parts

They should of been prepared to step in in a disaster that everybody knew was coming, and knew it was bad. I don't think that's really Bush's fault anyway, but FEMA.

The only difference is there is a competant local government in one area and an incompetant one in another.

And far less extensive damage. There isn't just flooding in a hurricane but extensive wind damage, over much wider area. And flooding from not only tons of rain on top of huge surge from the ocean.

And I bet many states had better plans after Katrina for dealing with natural disasters, kind of a lesson learned

Dont' ASSume you know what I'm doing, this is in no way comparable to a category 5 hurricane slamming the coast and a city that is below sea level in most parts

They should of been prepared to step in in a disaster that everybody knew was coming, and knew it was bad. I don't think that's really Bush's fault anyway, but FEMA.

Don't have to assume anything. You're being partisan. Anyone reading can see that.

And you're right. They aren't comparable. having days to prepare for a category five hurricane and no time to prepare for flooding isn't at all the same. With one, the local government goofed and with another the local government didn't. It has nothing to do with the Federal Government whatsoever.

Don't have to assume anything. You're being partisan. Anyone reading can see that.

And you're right. They aren't comparable. having days to prepare for a category five hurricane and no time to prepare for flooding isn't at all the same. With one, the local government goofed and with another the local government didn't. It has nothing to do with the Federal Government whatsoever.

No, you are, YOu can't see the clear difference between what's going on now and Katrina. Localized flooding that is being handled well by the state and is not requiring federal assistance vs a widespread disaster that was Katrina. It's not even comparable, so I'm not being partisan at all.

leave him alone. today is golf, fried chicken and watermelon day.

With shitholes like you over there, it's no wonder we lost the war. You're a disgrace to the uniform (if you are indeed a Nam Vet, which is highly doubtful).

oh gee should i give gack the Nam license plates to the DMV ???? hmmm???

we didn't lose. some shit head liberal named LBJ started it. and got his ass canned by his own party.

way i see it your the only over rated shithole camp follower on here. how much you get paid for fuckin soldiers???? 25 cents thats all ????

Maybe when you start acting like an adult, people won't be quick to assume you're lying about being a veteran. That would make you at least pushing 60, my friend. Time to grow up.

19 have died in these floods to date..

I don't think many people care. I wish they did.

I care. Last report, 19 have died in the floods. Only 11 died in the Gulf oil explosion and under ten in all of the tornadoes sparked by this weather pattern. I think drowning must be THE worst way to die, so yes, it saddens me a lot. Usually people can escape floods, just not flash floods.

Most of what the Right is Saying right now is about the Standard (43) was Held to and how the Left doesn't seem to Apply it to their Candidate...

peace...

And yet in so many other areas of disagreement, whenever someone attempts to draw the hypocrisy by a Bush analogy, we get slammed with the usual comment "Bush isn't president anymore" and in effect told to shut up. Either we can talk about Bush or not, depending on whether you people think it helps justify your own positions.

With shitholes like you over there, it's no wonder we lost the war. You're a disgrace to the uniform (if you are indeed a Nam Vet, which is highly doubtful).

oh gee should i give gack the Nam license plates to the DMV ???? hmmm???

we didn't lose. some shit head liberal named LBJ started it. and got his ass canned by his own party.

way i see it your the only over rated shithole camp follower on here. how much you get paid for fuckin soldiers???? 25 cents thats all ????

Maybe when you start acting like an adult, people won't be quick to assume you're lying about being a veteran. That would make you at least pushing 60, my friend. Time to grow up.

i have. all the way up. and what im hearing about you in PM's is one for the books. and im NOT your friend

peace...

And yet in so many other areas of disagreement, whenever someone attempts to draw the hypocrisy by a Bush analogy, we get slammed with the usual comment "Bush isn't president anymore" and in effect told to shut up. Either we can talk about Bush or not, depending on whether you people think it helps justify your own positions.

You Need to get Over Booooosh!... He ain't President, and that's a Fact.

The Boy King has been in Power for a Year and with 3/3's Power...

Prior to that, he and his Party have had 2/3's Power since 2006...

It's Time for the Kids to Start Taking some Credit for the Job they have been doing for the last 4 Years!...

And YES, that Includes Barry...

He was almost a One-Term Senator during that Period!

peace...

Forum List

Back