Historic Flooding and NO Obama

let the flood czar do it. its pimpn day

6456464546.gif

You know what, I just don't care about gotcha politics. Why does it matter whether Obama is there or not? I thought we were fighting for limited government. I dont think the Federal government should be involved in local matters. It's the local community that has to join together and face their problems and help one another.

If we always sit around waiting for Washington to do something, we will be waiting forever. I don't care if Obama gets credit or blamed. Let's just do what's right and lift up one another.

Amen!! Although the flooding is the worst in decades in TN, it is the local and state gov'ts responsibility to assist the local residents, not the fed gov'ts. Unfortunatly, if the flooding and damage proves to much for the local and state gov'ts to handle and the damage breaks a certain dollar amount, then there is a process in which they can request fed gov't aid. IMHO, I think that if a state can not handle its localized natural disaster, then it should go to a neighbor state and ask for aid.

If Americans want a smaller federal government, then you must stop asking it for help everytime something goes wrong!

Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

Thousands Evacuated By Historic Floods - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

So you guys want him in New York, Tennessee, and the Gulf all at the same time?

I think some of you are perpetually PMSing.

It's not an Easy Job... Barry is Finding this out.

Good thing the Terrorists were Hammerheads this time, eh!...

What Barry Lacks in Experience he MORE than Makes up for with Dumb Luck!

:)

peace...

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

President Obama does not have a failed horse show manager as head of FEMA. President Bush was told by Brown before the hurrican struck that the levees would not hold. Told in definate terms. And he still chose to go campaigning, instead of staying on top of the situation. After the hurrican, when reporters were driving into New Orleans freely, Brownie somehow could not bring himself to order the buses to go in and evacuate the people in the dome. Even after a seventeen year old boy took one of the buses and went in and brought it back out.

President Bush was rightly excoriated for the massive incompetance in his response to Katrina, before and after.

Old Rocks - You obviously have no idea how the national response network operates! Maybe President Bush was told that the levees would not hold, maybe he wasn't but that is irrelavent! First the local government in LA failed is citizens in that it waited until the last day to begin to move out the residents of New Orleans that could not move themselves.

The local city and county governments must request aid to the State and the State, once it is found to lack the assets to handle the disaster must request aid to the federal government. The Governor of LA, waited two full days to request the aid. FEMA sat until they were notified that the aid had been officaly requested. President Bush had nothing to do with the failures in the New Orleans!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Looks like there is no need for Obama to do anything, emergency management organization in Tennessee and Kentucky are handling it, no state of emergency is being declared and they are taking necessary precautions.

Next line of partisan bullshit

Hmmmmm. Tennessee is under water and not a word out of the Whitehouse about it. It's enough to make us feel unappreciated. :lol: At least Bush did a flyover New Orleans.

All I want is for him to do is whatever it was liberals expected George Bush to do when New Orleans was flooding. Is that too much to ask?

no, because what's going on in Tennessee is nothing like what happened in NO, with thousands trapped. Looks like Tennessee is handling everything, and there aren't thousands stranded in deplorable conditions.

no, because what's going on in Tennessee is nothing like what happened in NO, with thousands trapped. Looks like Tennessee is handling everything, and there aren't thousands stranded in deplorable conditions.

thousands stranded in deplorable conditions

Hmm, when did that happen? Oh yea, now I remember.

Barbara Bush insults Katrina survivors.Said today while visiting relief efforts at the Houston Astrodome: "Almost everyone I've talked to said we're going to move to Houston. What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. (Said with concern.) Everybody is so overwhelmed by all the hospitality. And so many of the peoples in the arena here, you know, they're underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

Barbara Bush insults Katrina survivors. | MetaFilter

Now I know where George Bush got his "compassion".

Ahhh.....you haven't gotten over your boy screwing the pooch on New Orleans, huh! You'll have to wait a long time for someone to screw up like Dubya did in New Orleans. All the liberals expected was that Dubya do his job in light of the failure of Louisiana's state officials. From what I've read, TEMA and FEMA are on the job in Tennessee.

Anywhere but DC, I am cool :cool: Tierrra de Fuego is nice this time of year. So is Kamchatka. He can check out the conditions along the souther border between Egypt and Libya.

The cons crying probably caused the flood.

Yesterday, Sunday, being a quasi religious day and all, I overheard a conversation at the next table over brunch that went something like this: "With all the Acts of God that have been inundating the South in recent years (hurricanes, tornadoes, floods) one right after another, if I were a religious person, I would be asking myself why God hates Southerners so much." And then the other person told that old joke where the punchline was God thundering from the Heavens BECAUSE YOU PISS ME OFF. Then these two guys looked up and realized that people around them were snickering, so they ended the amusing conversation and didn't get to the good part where they would have said why they feel like that, although I can guess.

Most of the serious flooding was caused by FLASH flooding which began on Saturday. Was Obama supposed to anticipate that?

TN National Guard units were called out on Saturday, and FEMA began organizing to head there with support on the same day.

You know what, I just don't care about gotcha politics. Why does it matter whether Obama is there or not? I thought we were fighting for limited government. I dont think the Federal government should be involved in local matters. It's the local community that has to join together and face their problems and help one another.

If we always sit around waiting for Washington to do something, we will be waiting forever. I don't care if Obama gets credit or blamed. Let's just do what's right and lift up one another.

Avatar.. I'm not interested in gotcha politics here. I'm interested in pointing out the naked hypocrisy and idiocy of those that to this day attempt to beat George Bush over the head because he didn't go and personally man a rescue boat after Katrina. Perhaps when liberals are saying, " damn.. what do they think Obama can do", that little bulb in their head will light up and they might realize maybe we shouldn't expect a POTUS to be God. And for the record, the last thing we need here is Obama's arrogant ass showing up.

In other words, you are playing gotcha politics. People whined about Bush's flyover, so now it's your "turn" to whine that Obama hasn't even done a flyover yet. Gotcha.

leave him alone. today is golf, fried chicken and watermelon day.

With shitholes like you over there, it's no wonder we lost the war. You're a disgrace to the uniform (if you are indeed a Nam Vet, which is highly doubtful).

Forum List

Back