Hispanic Media

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Unless you speak Spanish, the vast majority of non-Hispanic Americans have no idea of the existence of Univision, Galavision, Azteca, Unimas, CNN Español, and all the other Spanish-speaking channels on the air.

Yet, they fill millions of home across the nation and have a big impact on a large sector of Americans – and undocumented.

So, I was not surprised by a Drudge Report link to a Foundry report, Why the Hispanic Media Are Biased and What do Do About It @ Why the Hispanic Media Are Biased and What to Do About It The main theme is that if conservatives want to make an impact on the Hispanic community, they need to present their case in those outlets. From personal experience, I know that most Hispanics are conservative at heart – far more than most Gringos realize. Family is central to their lives. A young daughter get pregnant. Instead of shunning her, the family gathers around and does what it can to help her and her child. As seniors age, instead of shunting them off to asylums, they take them into their homes and support them. They are fiercely independent and entrepreneurial.

If you care about the future of this country, you need to urge conservative – and even libertarian – politicians to take the extra time to contact Hispanic media – especially at the local level.

In a follow up to my recent post on this subject, I came across this on the NewsBusters blog:

Brent Bozell and Rand Paul Tout Launch of MRC Latino, Discuss State of Hispanic Media

By Scott Whitlock | April 2, 2014

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell and Senator Rand Paul on Tuesday participated in a question and answer session to promote the launch of MRC Latino. Appearing at the Newseum in Washington D.C., Bozell and Paul discussed the state of Hispanic journalism and took questions on bias, the future of the Republican Party and other topics.

And then came this:

On the subject of how Univision and Telemundo cover politics, Bozell noted, "One of the findings that we'll be releasing today, which was rather surprising to me, if you look at the traditional media's attitude towards Cuba, it is virtually one-sided supporting Fidel Casto..."

He then contrasted, "But if you look at Hispanic, Latino media's coverage of Venezuela, it is almost unanimously opposed to this government."

Read the article with the video of the discussion @ Brent Bozell and Rand Paul Tout Launch of MRC Latino, Discuss State of Hispanic Media | NewsBusters

As long as the government doesn't support Hispanic media outlets and they can make a buck on their own they get to enjoy the freedom of the 1st Amendment aka "numero uno" just like Al Jazeera or CNN.

If you care about the future of this country, you need to urge conservative – and even libertarian – politicians to take the extra time to contact Hispanic media – especially at the local level.

It would make a lot more sense if highspanics would stop segregating themselves, learn the standard language of the land (English) and then those politicians would understand what they're saying and be able to address their concerns.

Unless you speak Spanish, the vast majority of non-Hispanic Americans have no idea of the existence of Univision, Galavision, Azteca, Unimas, CNN Español, and all the other Spanish-speaking channels on the air.

Yet, they fill millions of home across the nation and have a big impact on a large sector of Americans – and undocumented.

So, I was not surprised by a Drudge Report link to a Foundry report, Why the Hispanic Media Are Biased and What do Do About It @ Why the Hispanic Media Are Biased and What to Do About It The main theme is that if conservatives want to make an impact on the Hispanic community, they need to present their case in those outlets. From personal experience, I know that most Hispanics are conservative at heart – far more than most Gringos realize. Family is central to their lives. A young daughter get pregnant. Instead of shunning her, the family gathers around and does what it can to help her and her child. As seniors age, instead of shunting them off to asylums, they take them into their homes and support them. They are fiercely independent and entrepreneurial.

Exactly!

Also, calling their friends, families and loved ones illegals and speaking about them in harsh, condescending and punishing tones won't endear them to you or your message either.

Word to the wise.

It would make a lot more sense if highspanics would stop segregating themselves, learn the standard language of the land (English) and then those politicians would understand what they're saying and be able to address their concerns.
Are you aware that Americans settling in other countries form ghettos where they speak English?

Forum List

Back