CDZ Hillary's Health

I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there. So I'll try this here.

I think it's possible that, unlike emails and Benghazi and any number of other stories that have been thrown against the wall by the GOP, their constant pounding on Hillary's health could end up working for them.

I'm not saying that she is not healthy. I'm merely talking about image here. That video of her having difficulty getting into the van is not good, and the press has indeed run with this story. And even the fact that has pneumonia may not matter, it's more of an overall health thing.

I dunno. Thoughts?

It could be a real issue like it was for McCain in 2008 but you have to factor in Trump and at any moment he could say something that help Clinton again.

There is no doubt there is something wrong with Clinton but you have to remember Donald Trump is older and even though Hillary has shown she is suffering from some sort of illness the fact still remains Trump is older and could also get sick and die.

So the question to me would be who would you prefer as President Kaine or Pence?
Well, in my case, Kaine. But I do know that much of the electorate doesn't pay nearly as much attention to the details of this stuff as do politics geeks. Since (a) image is unfortunately such a key part of our politics, and (b) the GOP won't stop pounding on this, my guess is that it will have some effect.

Kaine?
As opposed to Pence? Sure.

If I was a D in the upper echelons I'd be worried. The optics are horrendous. You know you can have your media buddies keep tinting Trump orange, you can keep photo shopping Hillary's face to look like a thirty year old (and keep forgetting about her neck and her hands idiots :lol:)

But you cannot erase yesterday's stills that went world wide.

I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there. So I'll try this here.

I think it's possible that, unlike emails and Benghazi and any number of other stories that have been thrown against the wall by the GOP, their constant pounding on Hillary's health could end up working for them.

I'm not saying that she is not healthy. I'm merely talking about image here. That video of her having difficulty getting into the van is not good, and the press has indeed run with this story. And even the fact that has pneumonia may not matter, it's more of an overall health thing.

I dunno. Thoughts?

It could be a real issue like it was for McCain in 2008 but you have to factor in Trump and at any moment he could say something that help Clinton again.

There is no doubt there is something wrong with Clinton but you have to remember Donald Trump is older and even though Hillary has shown she is suffering from some sort of illness the fact still remains Trump is older and could also get sick and die.

So the question to me would be who would you prefer as President Kaine or Pence?
Well, in my case, Kaine. But I do know that much of the electorate doesn't pay nearly as much attention to the details of this stuff as do politics geeks. Since (a) image is unfortunately such a key part of our politics, and (b) the GOP won't stop pounding on this, my guess is that it will have some effect.

GOP giving her a pounding and you wrote this subject in the Clean Zone!!!

th

It is true the GOP and their super pacs will use the image of yesterday to go after her but you can only do it so often and need to be very careful of how you do it because everyone need to remember Hillary Clinton side will twist it as the GOP being sexist and attacking the elderly women of this nation...
And meanwhile the showbiz continues and specifics on issues go under-discussed...

She is ill and I agree with you if it is a choice between Kaine or Pence my choice also would be Kaine.

The reality for me is I would not be voting for the President this election cycle because I do not believe Hillary nor Donald would finish their term because of their age and the reality they could get impeached too!

So I would be voting for their replacement if something like that were to happen and Kaine is the logical choice.

Now for Clinton camp they need to keep her looking well, get the cough under control and make it look like this was one unusual moment.

Trump camp need to attack but not in the Trump way but more of a sneaky way of asking can this country risk having Clinton as President and what if she falls ill...

Now the average idiot will think the worst while I will think about if Kaine can handle the daily duties of the oval office better than Pence and to me that is a yes.

I dunno. Thoughts?

GOP giving her a pounding and you wrote this subject in the Clean Zone!!!

th

It is true the GOP and their super pacs will use the image of yesterday to go after her but you can only do it so often and need to be very careful of how you do it because everyone need to remember Hillary Clinton side will twist it as the GOP being sexist and attacking the elderly women of this nation...
And meanwhile the showbiz continues and specifics on issues go under-discussed...

For crying out loud Mac her whole campaign is scripted by Spielberg et al. You know that right? Just like Bill's campaign was Bloodworth Thomason.

On Facebook, friends who support Clinton believe she is showing her strength by pushing on despite the 'diagnosis' and treatment released by her campaign late yesterday.
Pneumonia is not an illness to be taken lightly. Without proper rest and treatment it can take a turn for the worse quite quickly. Even walking pneumonia for an individual half her age can be debilitating.
Her campaign, if this illness and treatment are true, should have revealed it as soon as it was diagnosed and taken her off the trail for a few days so her immune system could strengthen during treatment.

But frankly, I'm skeptical of the reported illness.

On Facebook, friends who support Clinton believe she is showing her strength by pushing on despite the 'diagnosis' and treatment released by her campaign late yesterday.
Pneumonia is not an illness to be taken lightly. Without proper rest and treatment it can take a turn for the worse quite quickly. Even walking pneumonia for an individual half her age can be debilitating.
Her campaign, if this illness and treatment are true, should have revealed it as soon as it was diagnosed and taken her off the trail for a few days so her immune system could strengthen during treatment.

My husband had pneumonia this spring. They treated him for weeks for bacterial till they got the tests back weeks later (Canadian health care system :)) and realized it was viral and it must have been a good 8 weeks after that treatment started that he was almost ok again. He was hospitalized. I honestly thought I was going to lose him at one point.

Thank heavens for so many good board members who kept me going at that time.

If her handlers are trying to run this game down on supporters, they won't like having a game run down on them. This is not the early 90's when Bill was running and damage control was fairly easy.

I dunno. Thoughts?
She's one tough old girl, in my opinion. I've had pneumonia several times in my life, and I never could have kept up the pace she did. No great wonder she finally passed out. She would have been better off to announce it Friday and spend a few days in bed, skyping her meetings if necessary. However, as one of her close associates said, Hillary is a very private person. "There is a difference between honesty and transparency." She likes to keep things to herself and it makes her look sneaky, whether she actually is or no.

I'm skeptical that it's the whole story. She could have pneumonia, totally possible, and they can attempt to use that to make this go away, but she's been looking sketchy for quite a while now, so that diagnosis, even if true, doesn't necessarily mean we've got the full story on her overall condition.

At this point I believe nothing from the Clinton camp without hard evidence. Without a full release of her medical records there is no way of knowing that we are getting the actual full truth.

I dunno. Thoughts?
She's one tough old girl, in my opinion. I've had pneumonia several times in my life, and I never could have kept up the pace she did. No great wonder she finally passed out. She would have been better off to announce it Friday and spend a few days in bed, skyping her meetings if necessary. However, as one of her close associates said, Hillary is a very private person. "There is a difference between honesty and transparency." She likes to keep things to herself and it makes her look sneaky, whether she actually is or no.

For crying out loud you are buying into "pneumonia"?

Aye carumba!

I'm skeptical that it's the whole story. She could have pneumonia, totally possible, and they can attempt to use that to make this go away, but she's been looking sketchy for quite a while now, so that diagnosis, even if true, doesn't necessarily mean we've got the full story on her overall condition.

At this point I believe nothing from the Clinton camp without hard evidence. Without a full release of her medical records there is no way of knowing that we are getting the actual full truth.

I'm still ticked off that President GW Bush had Lyme disease and no one was told. That's outrageous.

Between the basket of Deplorables (Romneys 47% moment), and yesterdays heath issue, she's facing a major PR problems for the next 7 weeks.
whats wrong with saying "basket of deplorables"? is that not politically correct?

No more politically correct than Romneys 47%.
Since when do trump supporters care so much about political correctness?
If you do not vote for Trump, statistically, you are supporting Crooked Hillary.

It's plain and simple. The only viable candidate that can beat Crooked Hillary is Donald Trump. A vote any other way is a vote for Crooked Hillary.

Between the basket of Deplorables (Romneys 47% moment), and yesterdays heath issue, she's facing a major PR problems for the next 7 weeks.
whats wrong with saying "basket of deplorables"? is that not politically correct?

No more politically correct than Romneys 47%.
Since when do trump supporters care so much about political correctness?
If you do not vote for Trump, statistically, you are supporting Crooked Hillary.

It's plain and simple. The only viable candidate that can beat Crooked Hillary is Donala

Who's a Trump supporter?

I dislike Trump, I detest Hillary.

I wont' be voting for either

"If you do not vote for Trump, statistically, you are supporting Crooked Hillary."

and by that logic, not voting to Hillary supports Trump.

Voting for neither, supports neither

I dunno. Thoughts?

Aye carumba!
Yup. As someone with allergies, I recognized her cough and her hoarseness for what it was, and it's gone into pneumonia for me several times, too. Maybe there's something else wrong with her, I wouldn't know, but fainting yesterday? No biggy.

I figured not believing the diagnosis would be the next move, so I'm not surprised. Time to move these into conspiracy theories, though.

I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there.

Sad to say, but...Yep.

Thoughts?

Flu, colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, appendicitis, gall or kidney stones and host of other afflictions can befall a person and there's really nothing to make of it. One gets treatment, the malady goes away and that's that. Were Mrs. Clinton an octo-/nonagenarian who contracted any of those things, I'd be concerned, but she isn't.

I think that interacting with so many people on a regular basis, one is likely to contract something sooner or later. Heck, when one's kids are under 13, they tend to be the main vectors of colds and flus their parents get, but unlike colds and flus, pneumonia doesn't have a "season."

Questions I have:
  • Why didn't Mrs. Clinton get a pneumonia vaccine?
  • If she did get it, why didn't work?

Why shouldn't the GOP pound the issue of Hillary's health? The Hillary camp is not being forthcoming about it. It is our business if a candidate is not fit for office. People like to say oh, Trump is two years older! He could die! Sure, but he isn't vanishing to rest or collapsing from the rigors of standing outside on a mild day. Hillary is.

I don't know exactly what is wrong with Hillary but she needs to either come clean about her condition to assure people she can handle the job or drop out now.

I dunno. Thoughts?

Aye carumba!
Yup. As someone with allergies, I recognized her cough and her hoarseness for what it was, and it's gone into pneumonia for me several times, too. Maybe there's something else wrong with her, I wouldn't know, but fainting yesterday? No biggy.

I figured not believing the diagnosis would be the next move, so I'm not surprised. Time to move these into conspiracy theories, though.

Not when you are running for the highest office not only in the land but on the bloody planet thank you very much. Bi partisan rant here. I'm still spitting bullets that they hid GW's treatment for lyme disease from the public.

Jake's put up a great thread with a poll over medical evaluations.

If there is ANY job application that deserves a medical evaluation it is for the Presidency of the most powerful nation in the world.

I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there.

Sad to say, but...Yep.

Thoughts?

Flu, colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, appendicitis, gall or kidney stones and host of other afflictions can befall a person and there's really nothing to make of it. One gets treatment, the malady goes away and that's that. Were Mrs. Clinton an octo-/nonagenarian who contracted any of those things, I'd be concerned, but she isn't.

I think that interacting with so many people on a regular basis, one is likely to contract something sooner or later. Heck, when one's kids are under 13, they tend to be the main vectors of colds and flus their parents get, but unlike colds and flus, pneumonia doesn't have a "season."

Questions I have:
  • Why didn't Mrs. Clinton get a pneumonia vaccine?
  • If she did get it, why didn't work?
Maybe she has viral "walking" pneumonia? Or one of the bacterial strains not covered by the vaccine, or a milder case of the type she was vaccinated against.

I dunno. Thoughts?

Aye carumba!

Not when you are running for the highest office not only in the land but on the bloody planet thank you very much. Bi partisan rant here. I'm still spitting bullets that they hid GW's treatment for lyme disease from the public.

Jake's put up a great thread with a poll over medical evaluations.

If there is ANY job application that deserves a medical evaluation it is for the Presidency of the most powerful nation in the world.
Easy, Tiny Dancer! I'm not opposed to her having a thorough medical exam by an independent MD with full access to her medical records. I just think she DOES have pneumonia and she needs to stay in bed, take her meds and she'll be back to her old self in a week.

Forum List

Back