CDZ Hillary's Health

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there. So I'll try this here.

I think it's possible that, unlike emails and Benghazi and any number of other stories that have been thrown against the wall by the GOP, their constant pounding on Hillary's health could end up working for them.

I'm not saying that she is not healthy. I'm merely talking about image here. That video of her having difficulty getting into the van is not good, and the press has indeed run with this story. And even the fact that has pneumonia may not matter, it's more of an overall health thing.

I dunno. Thoughts?

Between the basket of Deplorables (Romneys 47% moment), and yesterdays heath issue, she's facing a major PR problems for the next 7 weeks.

Between the basket of Deplorables (Romneys 47% moment), and yesterdays heath issue, she's facing a major PR problems for the next 7 weeks.
I've seen that "basket" thing, and I don't know if the few remaining undecideds would think it's a big deal, but it's possible.

It just seems to me that health is more personal and an issue that we can all relate to.

I took a few minutes to look around for threads on this topic that hadn't devolved into abject silliness, and couldn't find any. Big shock there. So I'll try this here.

I think it's possible that, unlike emails and Benghazi and any number of other stories that have been thrown against the wall by the GOP, their constant pounding on Hillary's health could end up working for them.

I'm not saying that she is not healthy. I'm merely talking about image here. That video of her having difficulty getting into the van is not good, and the press has indeed run with this story. And even the fact that has pneumonia may not matter, it's more of an overall health thing.

I dunno. Thoughts?

It could be a real issue like it was for McCain in 2008 but you have to factor in Trump and at any moment he could say something that help Clinton again.

There is no doubt there is something wrong with Clinton but you have to remember Donald Trump is older and even though Hillary has shown she is suffering from some sort of illness the fact still remains Trump is older and could also get sick and die.

So the question to me would be who would you prefer as President Kaine or Pence?

I think that yesterday, all of the GOP conspiracies about her health, really took hold. But I don't think it will matter. At least not enough for one to freak out about and vote for trump. But like will said, add her disgusting comments to the mix.. IDK
GRANTED, its not like either of these two instances are worse than her political history..

Last edited:

I dunno. Thoughts?

It could be a real issue like it was for McCain in 2008 but you have to factor in Trump and at any moment he could say something that help Clinton again.

There is no doubt there is something wrong with Clinton but you have to remember Donald Trump is older and even though Hillary has shown she is suffering from some sort of illness the fact still remains Trump is older and could also get sick and die.

So the question to me would be who would you prefer as President Kaine or Pence?
Well, in my case, Kaine. But I do know that much of the electorate doesn't pay nearly as much attention to the details of this stuff as do politics geeks. Since (a) image is unfortunately such a key part of our politics, and (b) the GOP won't stop pounding on this, my guess is that it will have some effect.

whats wrong with saying "basket of deplorables"? is that not politically correct?

No more politically correct than Romneys 47%.
Since when do trump supporters care so much about political correctness?

Who's a Trump supporter?

I dislike Trump, I detest Hillary.

I wont' be voting for either

I dunno. Thoughts?

Well, in my case, Kaine. But I do know that much of the electorate doesn't pay nearly as much attention to the details of this stuff as do politics geeks. Since (a) image is unfortunately such a key part of our politics, and (b) the GOP won't stop pounding on this, my guess is that it will have some effect.

GOP giving her a pounding and you wrote this subject in the Clean Zone!!!

th

It is true the GOP and their super pacs will use the image of yesterday to go after her but you can only do it so often and need to be very careful of how you do it because everyone need to remember Hillary Clinton side will twist it as the GOP being sexist and attacking the elderly women of this nation...

It's not pneumonia and the public will get really pissed off that her handlers are trying to run a game down on them. I can't believe they are trying to say she has pneumonia.

I dunno. Thoughts?

GOP giving her a pounding and you wrote this subject in the Clean Zone!!!

th

It is true the GOP and their super pacs will use the image of yesterday to go after her but you can only do it so often and need to be very careful of how you do it because everyone need to remember Hillary Clinton side will twist it as the GOP being sexist and attacking the elderly women of this nation...
And meanwhile the showbiz continues and specifics on issues go under-discussed...

whats wrong with saying "basket of deplorables"? is that not politically correct?

Who's a Trump supporter?

who are you voting for? are you gonna be feeling the johnson in November?

The 'move along, nothing to see here' approach on her health is wearing pretty thin for all but the most willfully blind at this point.

Unless they can figure out how to make this go away, which is a tall order, this is only going to get bigger in terms of its visibility in the campaign.

I expect calls to release those medical records will increase and we're going to be seeing a lot of that video of her collapsing.

But, unless this hits her in the polls or it starts showing up as an important factor to voters in polling on it specifically, she won't move on it, so that's where I'd be watching.

Who's a Trump supporter?

who are you voting for? are you gonna be feeling the johnson in November?

No one higher than senator.

Not one of the ones running are worth the effort to make a checkmark

I think it will all hinge on whether she is seen to continue to campaign.

If she disappears over the course of the next few weeks, or doesn't even show up for the debates, that might have a large affect on how the independents cast their ballot.

It won't have much affect on how loyal partisans vote. If MSM reports that she is in a hospital bed on life support, they would still vote for her.

Last edited:

I dunno. Thoughts?

Kaine?

Forum List

Back