Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Delicious:

Hillary Clinton signs book for RNC squirrel - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

This is worth gold.

Video at the Politico link. :D

Hillary Clinton squirreled away one of her copies of her book “Hard Choices” to give to a new furry friend from the Republican National Committee.

Throughout recent stops on her book tour, the RNC has been sending a giant orange squirrel — or at least what appears to be a person dressed in a orange squirrel costume — to follow Clinton from stop to stop, wearing a t-shirt that reads “Another Clinton in the White House is Nuts.”

So, what does Hillary do?

In response, Clinton dug up one of her copies of “Hard Choices” and gave it to the squirrel. The copy was even signed with a note that read “Squirrel- Please make a hard choice and read my book!” according to a tweet sent out by the account behind the mascot.

Go, I guess the GOP's Pinky and the Brain moment is not working out quite as it thought...

ZING!!!

Oh, and remember, Politico is not a Democratic-friendly website.

Here is another video of the exchange:

Also being reported here:

hillary-clinton-had-the-perfect-response-for-the-republican-squirrel-thats-been-stalking-her.jpg

Hillary Clinton Response Republican Squirrel Stalking Her - Business Insider

A Republican National Committee intern dressed in a furry orange squirrel costume has been following Hillary Clinton on the media tour for her book "Hard Choices." On Tuesday, Clinton confronted her squirrely stalker – by giving them a signed copy of her book.

The encounter occurred outside the Newseum in Washington D.C. where Clinton was participating in a town hall-style interview that aired on CNN. ABC News posted a video showing Clinton's chat with the squirrel.

"Hello Mr. Squirrel," Clinton said as she stepped out of her car. "How are you?"

The squirrel remained silent.

"I know you've been following me around and, while you're in between your gigs, I wanted you to get a copy of my book," said Clinton. "I hope that you will make the hard choice and read my book. ... You'd bring a smile to a lot of peoples' face."

The squirrel accepted the book and hugged it close to its chest before giving a thumb's up and offering its paw to Clinton for a handshake.

"Thank you Mr. Squirrel," Clinton said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(humor alert)

Future Watch:

December, 2016: "GOP 'Squirrel' admits to having voted for Hillary"

:rofl:

(/humor alert)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had no idea that the orange squirrel existed until This thread.

If Hilary had not responded to the squirrel, there would be no thread.

Squirrel +1

“Another Clinton in the White House is Nuts.”

Ironic given that the GOP establishment is considering Jeb Bush to be a viable opponent.

:lol:

But given the peace and prosperity of the 1st Clinton administration who doesn't have fond memories of the good times with low unemployment and hundreds of thousands of additional teachers and cops?

If that is "nuts" then the GOP must have an allergy to peace and prosperity for hardworking Americans.

Ironic given that the GOP establishment is considering Jeb Bush to be a viable opponent.

But given the peace and prosperity of the 1st Clinton administration who doesn't have fond memories of the good times with low unemployment and hundreds of thousands of additional teachers and cops?

If that is "nuts" then the GOP must have an allergy to peace and prosperity for hardworking Americans.

Here's a thought......no more Clintons and no more Bushes as president.

Squirrel +1

That's basically because it was mothballed after Obama, won, twice.

It was supposed to be a play on the ACORN thing.

Now?

It makes no sense.

Here's a thought......no more Clintons and no more Bushes as president.

Here's a thought.

You vote for who you'd like in the White House..and let other people vote for who they'd like in the White House.

Squirrel +1

Now?

It makes no sense.

I agree, but if it was so much nonsense, why did Hilary even notice it?

Hilary appears to have a weakness for responding to taunts....interesting for anyone wanting to make a serious run as a US Presidential contender. Putin is probably hoping she'll win, and planting all sorts of bait in traps into which she seems prone to fall.

Amazing what passes as politics to the far right.......

I got an idea! Lets dress a guy up like a squirrel and follow her around. That will fix her and show why Republicans are the best choice for the American people

I got an idea! Lets dress a guy up like a squirrel and follow her around. That will fix her and show why Republicans are the best choice for the American people

Equally amazing is a possible leader of the democratic party giving a guy in a squirrel costume any more than the time of day.

Equally amazing is a possible leader of the democratic party giving a guy in a squirrel costume any more than the time of day.

Ignoring the squirrel was certainly one alternative.

However by graciously giving the squirrel a copy of her book she turned a potential negative into a positive for herself. The reaction of the person in the squirrel costume is utterly priceless. If the RNC (or whomever is responsible) planned to run with this "Nuts" approach in 2016 it is now DOA.

So by spending 5 minutes of her time she has essentially wiped out whatever the RNC invested in this squirrel campaign and has rendered it null and void. A mere 5 minutes of her time to nullify the investment of time, energy and money seems to have been more than worthwhile.

Ignoring the squirrel was certainly one alternative.

However by graciously giving the squirrel a copy of her book she turned a potential negative into a positive for herself. The reaction of the person in the squirrel costume is utterly priceless. If the RNC (or whomever is responsible) planned to run with this "Nuts" approach in 2016 it is now DOA.

So by spending 5 minutes of her time she has essentially wiped out whatever the RNC invested in this squirrel campaign and has rendered it null and void. A mere 5 minutes of her time to nullify the investment of time, energy and money seems to have been more than worthwhile.

We'll see.

Have you ever fed a squirrel? Maybe a pidgeon?

Frankly, I expect more squirrels to show up in the future.

Squirrel_Armycoming4u.jpg

I don't doubt for one instance that the RNC will try something else in the future. In fact I would be disappointed if they didn't. But politics needs a little levity from time to time. This was one of those times.

Squirrel +1

Now?

It makes no sense.

I think it is a play on the Chicken George thing the democrats did in 1992--having someone in a chicken costume follow George Bush around, heckling him at times.

Squirrel +1

No, her response makes Squirrel look ridiculous.

Hillary +2

:D

Um......News Flash....a guy in the costume is supposed to look ridiculous...

Paying attention to him may earn points in your book, but I expect Hilary will be besieged with a cast of costumed characters demanding signed copies of her book. Handing them out to them should make a great photo-op.

Poor reactionary Hilary...her button is so easily pushed.

t0180.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back