Hillary: We have got to do something about gun violence in America

Law abiding people do not execute criminals, they drive them off or hold them for police unless the criminal is really stupid and presses the attack, then they get shot...and out of 2 million defensive uses of guns, on average, each year.....law abiding people only have to kill about 238, and that number is a little low...

Yes I wouldn't call 100x more likely to kill yourself than a criminal anti crime.
First of all your stats are full of crap, second of all you like when people die but most uses of guns by far prevent anyone from getting killed.

But that aside, so your solution even if it were true is to make sure the criminal is the only one armed.

You're just going down in flames no matter how it goes down.

No they are not. Between accidents and suicides the gun owner is killed by his gun about 20k a year. Only a little over 200 criminals are killed in defense each year. It is simple math.

I didn't give a solution.

suicides don't count......Japan, China, South Korea, Hungary, Poland.....all have strict to absolute gun control and they all have higher suicide rates than we do.....Also, 19,000 people commit suicide without guns in this country. If guns were not available, the other 21,000 suicides would just use what the other 19,000 used....rope is one of the most popular methods....

A relative of mine is a cop....a detective. he goes to suicides all the time....not one so far used a gun...they all used a rope.

I didn't look into it yet, but I heard this discussion on the radio earlier this week. Michael Medved stated that the US ranks 50th in suicides around the world. I've yet to see anybody challenge his statistics so I'm assuming he's correct.

I like Michael Medved....is his voice better?

Yes I wouldn't call 100x more likely to kill yourself than a criminal anti crime.
First of all your stats are full of crap, second of all you like when people die but most uses of guns by far prevent anyone from getting killed.

But that aside, so your solution even if it were true is to make sure the criminal is the only one armed.

No they are not. Between accidents and suicides the gun owner is killed by his gun about 20k a year. Only a little over 200 criminals are killed in defense each year. It is simple math.

suicides don't count......Japan, China, South Korea, Hungary, Poland.....all have strict to absolute gun control and they all have higher suicide rates than we do.....Also, 19,000 people commit suicide without guns in this country. If guns were not available, the other 21,000 suicides would just use what the other 19,000 used....rope is one of the most popular methods....

A relative of mine is a cop....a detective. he goes to suicides all the time....not one so far used a gun...they all used a rope.

I didn't look into it yet, but I heard this discussion on the radio earlier this week. Michael Medved stated that the US ranks 50th in suicides around the world. I've yet to see anybody challenge his statistics so I'm assuming he's correct.

At this point I can't tell the difference. Sounds like his old-self again.

At this point I can't tell the difference. Sounds like his old-self again.

Good, he seems like a pretty good guy.

Forum List

Back