Hillary Tried To Join The Marines, Just Ask Her

what would seem implausible to you is a far stretch from being provably false. Do you see my point? Why attack this assertion if you can't disprove it. SHe was a young lawyer looking at options. That's all.

I think the more likely was put forward by someone who knew her at the time. See, I do understand how you feel, I think there are a lot of liberals who are very pro-military/country. I just don't think Hillary was amongst them since at least 1967.

and you can continue to demonize her to YOUR heart's content.

enjoy...

here's a newsflash: Hillary Clinton really does not give a shit if YOU think she is the anti-Christ or not...I'm sorry to break it to you.

Hillary, like Bill, does not give a shit about anybody or anything, except their power

maineman wrote:

Don't be an obtuse, it doesn't suit you. I did not imply in any way that his opinion was more valid. You stated that you did not believe that Kathianne was familiar with many JAG officers...implying of course, that if she did, she would find that it was not unreasonable to believe that Hillary Clinton would have taken this path. I countered this implication by stating that I knew several JAGs very well, one future JAG intimately, and that even with these men and woman in mind - it is still HIGHLY unlikely that Hillary would have given serious consideration to joining the military.

This is a silly assertion. You assume that because I dislike her politics I would choose to remain uneducated about the woman who wants to be the first female President of this nation...and that you, presumably because you like her, know more? I expected better from you.

For the record I have read her autobiography, "Living History," as well as "It Takes a Village," and her husbands autobiography as well. I found all three to be a bit hokey and over the top...and downright boring in many places - but I read them all (I read "Monica's Story" too...I believe in looking at all sides of an issue that interests me). To get a counter balance I've read "Madame Hillary" and the Morris book that was written as a refutation of her autobiography, I'm totally blanking on the name right now and don't feel like walking downstairs to check my bookshelf...I found both of them very heavy handed. My concerns about Hillary and the military come from the stories I have read from the military members who worked closely with the Clintons, "Dereliction of Duty" was an interesting read from that standpoint.

If you know her personally and can offer me some personal stories to prove that you are right I would love to hear them. But unless you have those...I'd be willing to wager that you and I are on the same playing field...we've both read a lot about Hillary Clinton...and we're both wading through fact and fiction in an attempt to discern the truth. I'm more than willing to believe that Hillary doesn't loathe the military as much as some of what I have read claims she does...but I still find it quite unbelievable that she gave the military serious consideration.
Not too mention I didn't 'demonize' her in any way.

waaa waaa..you certainly portrayed her as rabidly anti-military....

based upon..... ????

got any quotes from her that are contemporaneous to the supposed inquiries into Marine JAG?

Look, I'm not going down the road of demands for 'specific' stuff. To me, that is just a way to deflect from the discussion at hand.

Way too interesting, don't you think, that if she had done this not a word was said until just now?

Look, I'm not going down the road of demands for 'specific' stuff. To me, that is just a way to deflect from the discussion at hand.

Way too interesting, don't you think, that if she had done this not a word was said until just now?

it doesn't interest me in the least. It has zero to do with the major issues that confront america.

So, why any response? Why accuse me falsely of demonizing her? :rolleyes:

I don't think I falsely accused you of anything.

I get a charge out of watching you republicans trying to find things to whip up Hillary hate amongst your brethren.

"Hillary is lying about ever wanting to join the marines...look at how anti-military she is!"

::yawn::

prove it or shut up about it.

Forum List

Back