Hillary has had "enough" of your gun rights.

She's right. The Dems defeated the Republicans' proposals and the Republicans defeated the Dem's proposals. Everyone is too afraid of not getting re-elected to vote for a proposal that 90% of the American public wants. Why is that? I don't get it.

She's right. The Dems defeated the Republicans' proposals and the Republicans defeated the Dem's proposals. Everyone is too afraid of not getting re-elected to vote for a proposal that 90% of the American public wants. Why is that? I don't get it.

Because polling is false.

What proposal do they want? What's your source?

Numerous commentators on the news have said that 90% of the American public want to close the background checks "loopholes" and do not want suspected terrorists to be able to buy guns. I usually listen to Fox, CNN and PBS.

"Disarm hate". What a catchy hashtag! And she's using the dead people from the terror attack in Orlando to reinforce the pretense that making more gun laws will stop people who want to kill. What a brilliant politician she is!

Numerous commentators on the news have said that 90% of the American public want to close the background checks "loopholes" and do not want suspected terrorists to be able to buy guns. I usually listen to Fox, CNN and PBS.
What loopholes, specifically?

I've never seen the stats but polls can be manipulative. Which one of these laws were to close private sales of guns at shows? Here are some facts: Dealers must submit NCIS to the feds before he can sell a gun.

Not one mass shooting was don't with a private sale at a gun show. If that's your "loophole" it would do nothing and where do you stop with private sales? Can a father sell to his son?

Numerous commentators say numerous things. I listen to and read all sides. I'll admit to focusing on Progressive news because I like to know what the enemy is thinking.

A gun shop were Mateen tried to buy body armor considered him hinky, refused to sell him armor or ammo and reported him to the FBI. This was 4 or 5 weeks before the Orlando killings. The FBI did not follow up on the tip from the gun shop even though the FBI had had a couple of reports on Mateen in the past. But commentators aren't talking about that sort of loophole, for some reason.

Numerous commentators say numerous things. I listen to and read all sides. I'll admit to focusing on Progressive news because I like to know what the enemy is thinking.
I usually trust that Fox and numerous posters here are giving me "the other side." It seems to be a pretty well known statistic, since I've heard it from so many different mouths, both for an against most gun control. Some of you seem to be in the 10% that disagrees?

I've never seen the stats but polls can be manipulative. Which one of these laws were to close private sales of guns at shows? Here are some facts: Dealers must submit NCIS to the feds before he can sell a gun.

Not one mass shooting was don't with a private sale at a gun show. If that's your "loophole" it would do nothing and where do you stop with private sales? Can a father sell to his son?
There are specifics on the 4 proposals that were voted down yesterday, by googling Senate Vote on Gun Control. If you have questions about them, please do your own education.

"Disarm hate". What a catchy hashtag! And she's using the dead people from the terror attack in Orlando to reinforce the pretense that making more gun laws will stop people who want to kill. What a brilliant politician she is!
It's not actually a pretense. It wouldn't stop a terrorist attack like Orlando, however.

A gun shop were Mateen tried to buy body armor considered him hinky, refused to sell him armor or ammo and reported him to the FBI. This was 4 or 5 weeks before the Orlando killings. The FBI did not follow up on the tip from the gun shop even though the FBI had had a couple of reports on Mateen in the past. But commentators aren't talking about that sort of loophole, for some reason.
They should be doubling the FBI's budget to hire enough people to keep investigations open when there are numerous red flags, such as Mateen's case. But the FBI couldn't do much with a report about wanting body armor when they didn't have a name, a license plate #, or a photo of the guy. If I'd been the clerk, I would have tried to get a name, by asking if he'd like to leave his contact info and I'd ask around. Or trying to get his plate # if that wasn't too obvious, depending on the parking lot. But they didn't/couldn't. There was plenty of other stuff the FBI could have followed up on, however, including the routine report that hit their desk when he legally purchased his guns. They didn't follow up on that.

So...10% WANT terrorists to be able to buy guns? I think it is a poorly worded poll, thus bad results.

They should be doubling the FBI's budget to hire enough people to keep investigations open when there are numerous red flags, such as Mateen's case. But the FBI couldn't do much with a report about wanting body armor when they didn't have a name, a license plate #, or a photo of the guy. If I'd been the clerk, I would have tried to get a name, by asking if he'd like to leave his contact info and I'd ask around. Or trying to get his plate # if that wasn't too obvious, depending on the parking lot. But they didn't/couldn't. There was plenty of other stuff the FBI could have followed up on, however, including the routine report that hit their desk when he legally purchased his guns. They didn't follow up on that.
Uh huh. The FBI talked to Mateen a couple of times. It's so hard for them to keep up with all the reports. Yeah, not enough man power not enough money. See something say something, is just another slogan. Mateen was a bad guy who did a terror act. He didn't do it because of "gun loopholes".

So...10% WANT terrorists to be able to buy guns? I think it is a poorly worded poll, thus bad results.
No one knows how the poll was worded because no one has found the poll. Before you decide it's bad results just because you don't LIKE the results, try finding it.

Uh huh. The FBI talked to Mateen a couple of times. It's so hard for them to keep up with all the reports. Yeah, not enough man power not enough money. See something say something, is just another slogan. Mateen was a bad guy who did a terror act. He didn't do it because of "gun loopholes".
I've never said this was about gun control.

Forum List

Back