The Real Issue in This Campaign

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
is how we are going to address the immense problems we face, both foreign and domestic. Our traditional approach has been to ignore them at first and then apply as few bandages as possible to get through the next election cycle. In the meantime, our problems seem to be following an asymptotic curve.

Are we too afraid to try a different approach? Is it too painful to acknowledge our problems, much less take action to resolve them? Will we continue to complain about the direction we are headed, but do nothing to change that direction?

We already know what we get with establishment politics: Lots of smoke but little fire where the "insiders" feather their own nests while the rest are left out in the cold. Good grief, I would vote for Bernie if my only other choice was Hillary...

Are we too afraid to try a different approach?
Yes. As a society we are.

Is it too painful to acknowledge our problems, much less take action to resolve them?
Yes. As a society it is.

Will we continue to complain about the direction we are headed, but do nothing to change that direction?
Um, yes. As a society we will.

We already know what we get with establishment politics: Lots of smoke but little fire where the "insiders" feather their own nests while the rest are left out in the cold
Excellent point.

I agree, jwoodie, with being sick of the usual in dc. After 9/11, for a brief moment we actually saw dc come together. It was brief, unfortunately.

But, bernie? Unless you truly want to see us to become a more marxist society... and float even more quickly down the tubes.... tubes which in there is truly no return... well...

Forum List

Back