Hillary flops

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Hillary Clinton, her own worst enemy

Hillary Clinton is at it again - and by "at it again," I of course mean pandering to certain political crowds who she believes will serve her in some political sense. Speaking on the issue of immigration to a group of Irish immigrants in Boston (I'm not making this up, I swear), Clinton said "Don't turn your backs on what made this country great," and furthermore denounced a House measure to impose harsher penalties for undocumented workers as "a rebuke to what America stands for."
Apparently, America stands for illegal immigration. Or perhaps more accurately, America stands by for illegal immigration.
The House measure would make unlawful presence in the United States, which is currently a civil offense, a felony. [. . .] She called instead for immigration changes "based on strengthening our borders in order to make us safer from the threat of terrorism." The senator also sent a four-page public letter to constituents outlining her views on immigration. In the letter, she shied away from specifics but said she does support allowing at least some of the estimated 11 million undocumented workers to earn citizenship. Such changes should include "a path to earned citizenship for those who are here, working hard, paying taxes, respecting the law, and willing to meet a high bar for becoming a citizen," Clinton wrote.
Now, I'm all for taking a second look at our legal system, in laws regarding immigration as well as a number of other areas. But changes need to be made by due process of law, not by simply turning a blind eye to infractions. Laws are made to be followed; anything less and they become a farce, laughable in their inability to accomplish anything and actually harmful to society in that unequal application of the laws causes people to seek how hard they can push and still get by with things.
Clinton said it would be "an unworkable scheme to try to deport 11 million people, which you have to have a police state to try to do."
I'm assuming by "police state," what Clinton actually means is "a country where laws are made and duly enforced," in which case, yes, that is what it would take: a government who was as committed to keeping laws as it was to making them.
http://obviouslypseudonymous.blogspot.com/2006/03/hillary-clinton-her-own-worst-enemy.html

Oh ya---she's REALLY concerned about border security--she's comparing plans to regulate the border to a POLICE STATE ??
:rotflmao:

Forum List

Back