Hillary Doesn't Pay Her Interns But Wants to Compell Companies to Pay Theirs

So Hillary's a one-percenter whose political career is being built on the backs of low-paid wage earners?

Here's my surprised face...
smiley_noSmile.gif
Low-paid?

Sounds like no-paid to me

Every campaign is running around with unpaid interns, does this surprise anyone? So Hillary is different because she wants corporations with huge profits to up the ante? Why aren't you saying the same about Donald Trump who by his own estimate is worth more than $10 billion?

Why aren't you saying the same about Donald Trump who by his own estimate is worth more than $10 billion?

Has he made it a campaign issue?

Honestly, this isn't hard to understand.

He hasn't made it a campaign issue because he has no intention of paying his people a living wage even though they are college educated. Is that so hard to understand?

Why aren't you saying the same about Donald Trump who by his own estimate is worth more than $10 billion?

Has he made it a campaign issue?

Honestly, this isn't hard to understand.

He hasn't made it a campaign issue because he has no intention of paying his people a living wage even though they are college educated. Is that so hard to understand?

So why don't you start a thread on why you feel interns should be paid? This thread is about Hillary Clinton's glaring hypocrisy. Got it?

Last edited:
Clinton forcing businesses to pay interns would force her to pay interns. What's the problem?

She wants to be president of the United States, she should lead by example. She isn't.

She is. She wants to change the law.

She doesn't have to. She can pay her interns now. What's the problem?
actually, political interns are never paid by any campaign...

On the other hand, the Clinton foundation is another story and could pay them and demand specific hours for the job....

but as a non profit organization, I can also see why they try not to use donor's money for it....

Clinton forcing businesses to pay interns would force her to pay interns. What's the problem?

She wants to be president of the United States, she should lead by example. She isn't.

On the other hand, the Clinton foundation is another story and could pay them and demand specific hours for the job....

but as a non profit organization, I can also see why they try not to use donor's money for it....

Why should interns in the private sector get paid while interns working for a politican not get paid? I don't see a reason why the same rule shouldnt apply to both.

Interns are interns no matter the field. They do it for the experience in all fields. Hillary is a hypocrite, nothing more.

Why should interns in the private sector get paid while interns working for a politican not get paid? I don't see a reason why the same rule shouldnt apply to both.
Put on your liberal binoculars. That's the only way to see the end goal while being blind to everything else

Interns are interns no matter the field. They do it for the experience in all fields. Hillary is a hypocrite, nothing more.
How about you? Are you a hypocrite?

Do you believe private businesses should ALL pay their summer college interns? Do you believe corporations hire more and more of them to make more PROFIT for the business, without the expense of paying for the work? Do you believe corporations that hire interns with no pay, do it to give a foot in the door on experience for only the children of the wealthy, who can afford to work with no pay leaving the college student who has to work to pay for their college behind the 8 ball?

Personally, I believe all interns at for profit businesses doing a summer job, should get paid for that job, allowing more middle class students to work these internships that give them a huge step up when looking for a job after graduation.

I personally don't believe political interns, working a campaign can be paid interns....most people working for campaigns ARE volunteers, unless at the very top in the campaign's management.....

I do believe college interns working for the Senate, or the House or the judicial branch should be paid.... Yes it is tax payers money, but the opportunity should be available for all college students, not just those with rich parents that can support the endeavor.

I believe internships at non profits should be paid if possible, but if it takes away from the non profit orgs purpose or charity then it should be up to the org....ideally though, I personally think they should be paid as well.

Do you believe private businesses should ALL pay their summer college interns? Do you believe corporations hire more and more of them to make more PROFIT for the business, without the expense of paying for the work? Do you believe corporations that hire interns with no pay, do it to give a foot in the door on experience for only the children of the wealthy, who can afford to work with no pay leaving the college student who has to work to pay for their college behind the 8 ball?

Personally, I believe all interns at for profit businesses doing a summer job, should get paid for that job, allowing more middle class students to work these internships that give them a huge step up when looking for a job after graduation.

I personally don't believe political interns, working a campaign can be paid interns....most people working for campaigns ARE volunteers, unless at the very top in the campaign's management.....

I do believe college interns working for the Senate, or the House or the judicial branch should be paid.... Yes it is tax payers money, but the opportunity should be available for all college students, not just those with rich parents that can support the endeavor.

I believe internships at non profits should be paid if possible, but if it takes away from the non profit orgs purpose or charity then it should be up to the org....ideally though, I personally think they should be paid as well.

All Engineering internships are paid. I made $12 an hour as an intern back in 1998-1999.

To me the biggest cheapskates when it comes to interns are in the media, which is ironically a progressive stronghold.

All Engineering internships are paid. I made $12 an hour as an intern back in 1998-1999.

To me the biggest cheapskates when it comes to interns are in the media, which is ironically a progressive stronghold.
AGREE, interns in Journalism, should be paid.

$12 bucks an hour for a summer engineering internship was pretty darn good pay about 20 years ago, good for you!!!

Good grief... now we're whining about people who volunteer for positions to gain incredible resume fodder not being paid.

Geeze what a bunch of whiny-babies.

$12 bucks an hour for a summer engineering internship was pretty darn good pay about 20 years ago, good for you!!!

it was pretty nice. Remember Engineers make larger starting salaries, but we don't see the bonuses other fields do. I started at $41k a year in 1999 with a Masters in ChemE.

Good answer.

At the end of the day Political Campaigns and Non-Profits are not making money and are looking for a great ideal.

I think we have to put this down to another in the string of the attacks...

Good grief... now we're whining about people who volunteer for positions to gain incredible resume fodder not being paid.

Geeze what a bunch of whiny-babies.

The issue comes up when the interns aren't given tasks that help them learn, but tasks that need to be done by whatever cannon fodder a company needs.

Engineering interns are expected to do fodder jobs, but also expect to be told WHY those fodder jobs need to be done, and expect to be paid to do it.

When I was an intern, yes I collated reports, and made copies, but I also performed mechanical inspections, assisted in the start up of a pilot facility, and spent overnights replacing worn out pump seals and performing flow meter calibrations.

it was pretty nice. Remember Engineers make larger starting salaries, but we don't see the bonuses other fields do. I started at $41k a year in 1999 with a Masters in ChemE.
$41k was a good starting salary for a college grad,
in 1998...we paid our college grads that we hired right out of college, $28k as starting salary to work for a Department Store, in their management program...some worked in the Store on the sales floor along side managers, and some worked as assistants in the Buyer's and Merchandiser's offices in corporate headquarters.

MOST quit after a year if in the Stores, the ones in the buyer's offices, stayed a little longer, a handful stayed in the career....

Hillary's vision for us has always been toward SOCIALISM. she just hid it well all these years. but as you see because of old Bernie she's had to come out of the CLOSET and is showing her true colors. on top of how she is a nasty old witch

please NO MORE of these progressive/dems like Obama and Hillary. vote them out our lives come 2016

Forum List

Back