Hillary Clinton Calls Education A ‘Non-Family Enterprise,’ Praises Common Core

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Dear gawd save us

SNIP:

April 16, 2015 By Sean Davis
During her first official campaign event in Iowa earlier this week, former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton praised Common Core and referred to children’s education as a “non-family enterprise.” Clinton’s controversial statements about education, which were captured by C-SPAN, came in response to a question from a participant about how to offer a quality education throughout the U.S.

Clinton initially responded to the question about how to fix the U.S. educational system by praising Common Core. She then said that families today are too “negative” about the current system, a system Clinton described as “the most important non-family enterprise” in the country. After noting what she described as “unfortunate” opposition to Common Core, Hillary Clinton also blithely dismissed the concerns of Common Core opponents by saying they just “do not understand the value” of the controversial top-down curriculum:

Although Clinton said there shouldn’t be “two tiers of education” in the U.S., she opposes school choice, which would help parents in failing school districts send their children to better schools. Her comment that children’s education is a “non-family enterprise” is also likely to enrage families who believe that parents should be key players in the education of their own children.

Here’s a transcript of Clinton’s remarks from the video:

ALL of it here:
Hillary Calls Education A Non-Family Enterprise Praises Common Core

I don't like Common core as I think we can do a whole lot better but she does have a point. Education is something society should handle as everyone deserves a education.

really, that must be why she and all the Elitists like her send there children to PRIVATE schools. isn't that a FAMILY enterprise ?

I don't like Common core as I think we can do a whole lot better but she does have a point. Education is something society should handle as everyone deserves a education.

really, that must be why she and all the Elitists like her send there children to PRIVATE schools. isn't that a FAMILY enterprise ?

Sure, send your children to a private school if you have 40k/year to spend. People should have the choice, but for the rest of the country(70%),,,,That isn't a choice.

I don't like Common core as I think we can do a whole lot better but she does have a point. Education is something society should handle as everyone deserves a education. We as a nation greatly benefit from doing so.

That doesnt mean xxxing the parents out

I don't like Common core as I think we can do a whole lot better but she does have a point. Education is something society should handle as everyone deserves a education. We as a nation greatly benefit from doing so.

That doesnt mean xxxing the parents out

Parents should play a important part in the process. No question about it.

another comment with the article:

"She then said that families today are too “negative” about the current system"

This is what all Prog Libs always say about their 1 size fits none social engineering projects. This statement demonstrates she's out of touch - even with her own Dem base. No one, I mean no one, believes that the current education system is good for the children (the teacher's unions love it).

----------------------
and this one. whoa
First, education is not an enterprise. Its purpose is not to generate money, but to equip the children who grow into adults with the skills and knowledge they need to be responsible and contributing citizens of this nation. Hence, this is why Hillary Clinton and other politicians are pushing the agendas that they are; to basically create a nation of people that is dependent on the government for so much that they can't possibly think or act without being told what to do, which is exactly what these politicians want. Second, it is the FAMILY that carries the primary responsibility for educating children. The education system should be an extension of this, not a closed circuit all to itself. IF I had kids, I seriously doubt there would be a 10% chance they would be in public school. They may be in a charter school, but more than likely a Christian school or I would homeschool them myself. NOBODY is going to be allowed to influence my children in a way that is not in line with our family's core values and beliefs and NOBODY is going to tell me that I have no place in my childrens' education. I do realize that children need some autonomy, but to place the parent out of the primary role of responsibility for their child's education, let alone out of the picture altogether, is asking for disaster!

many more at:
Hillary Calls Education A Non-Family Enterprise Praises Common Core

Last edited:
Hillary has always been an advocate of the communal raising of children. That's what the basis of her book It Takes A Village was about.

Hillary has always been an advocate of the communal raising of children. That's what the basis of her book It Takes A Village was about.

China back 2000 years, Greece, Roman empire, all of Europe during the middle ages into today...It should be the responsibility of society to educate our children. Why should it fall on parents?? Not saying they shouldn't have the choice to send their kids to a private school or to home school, but for you to say that we shouldn't attempt to educate our population is a idiotic thing to say.

No country on earth would be dumb enough.

Parent's should have a say in their children's educations. It is not the feds that should dictate it. Do you not see the danger in removing parental input from the equation?

China back 2000 years, Greece, Roman empire, all of Europe during the middle ages into today...It should be the responsibility of society to educate our children. Why should it fall on parents?? Not saying they shouldn't have the choice to send their kids to a private school or to home school, but for you to say that we shouldn't attempt to educate our population is a idiotic thing to say.

Parent's should have a say in their children's educations. It is not the feds that should dictate it. Do you not see the danger in removing parental input from the equation?

I agree. ;) But, the vast majority in this country do send their kids to our public schools. We should focus on reforming this so we can better educate our children for the next generation.

Parents should be a important part of the equation.

Why is that surprising?

takesavillage.jpg

Forum List

Back