USMB GOP scoffed when I said Saddam's old military made Isis the military threat it is.

R

rdean

Former Saddam Hussein spy masterminded the rise of Isis says report World news The Guardian

One of Saddam Hussein’s former intelligence officers masterminded Islamic State’s takeover of northern Syria after becoming embittered by the US-led invasion of Iraq, according to a report by the German magazine Der Spiegel

Documents uncovered in Syria reveal meticulous planning for the group’s structure and organisation, the report says, with the 31 pages of handwritten charts, lists and schedules amounting to a blueprint for the establishment of a caliphate in Syria.

The documents were the work of a man identified by the magazine as Samir Abd Muhammad al-Khlifawi, a former colonel in the intelligence service of Saddam Hussein’s air defence force, who went by the pseudonym Haji Bakr, Spiegel says.

Bakr was “bitter and unemployed” after the US authorities in Iraqdisbanded the army by decree in 2003

“What Bakr put on paper, page by page, with carefully outlined boxes for individual responsibilities, was nothing less than a blueprint for a takeover,” the story by Spiegel reporter Christoph Reuter says.

Islamic State Files Show Structure of Islamist Terror Group - SPIEGEL ONLINE

------------------------------
I remember how USMB right wingers mocked me again and again after I pointed out the Isis high command were the officers from the Iraqi Army Republicans foolishly disbanded.
So that makes it about a thousand for me, zero for the GOP?

And yet, it's the military Republicans disbanded which are the greatest threat in the Middle East and to the rest of the world.

Further evidence that the Bush led invasion and occupation of Iraq sparked a civil war that is threatening to engulf the entire region. But somehow these policy decisions the Bush people made are the fault of President Obama?

Forum List

Back