hillary and her fake southern accent. I just cannot believe how pathetic her voters are.

You would think we would have learned after this....

Fucking patronizing piles of racist shit. I just fucking hate all of them.

Kinda like how Republicans candidates who've never hunted in their life are suddenly filmed hunting. Or President Bush in a flight suit on an aircraft carrier huh? :)

Bush was a pilot numbnuts.

Hillary spent more time in the south than Bush did in the air force

What has that got to do with Bush being a pilot and wearing a flight suit?

43 a pilot? LMAO. Yeah so they say. Records indicate he was. Those records also indicate he just quit flying with no further assignments OF ANY KIND. Those same records indicate he quit flying F102's in 1972 because they were phased out of active duty... it's also on record the F102's flew active missions until the end of 1974.

so paper airplane pilot he was .... ON PAPER !

i dont know what Hillary is going to do when a rep of Mars comes to the white house if she's President. how will she even come close to speaking like an alien?

i dont know what Hillary is going to do when a rep of Mars comes to the white house if she's President. how will she even come close to speaking like an alien?

Pretty much the same way she even came close to a "Southern accent" --- not at all.

Ain't rocket surgery.

The very idea of somebody from Illinois pretending to associate with some other region.

It's an outrage I tell ya!

Reagan.jpg

The very idea of somebody from Illinois pretending to associate with some other region.

Reagan.jpg

I remember when Reagan wore black face to speak at the NAACP and started by saying, "Yo! My NigaZ!"

Reagan.jpg

I remember when Reagan wore black face to speak at the NAACP and started by saying, "Yo! My NigaZ!"

-- Reminds me of Trent Lott's 2002 Kwanzaa message... since removed from the internets but it went:

Waaaaaaaah Zuuuuuuuup? Props to all the homeys and bizzos back at Ole Miss, and a shout out to my D.C. posse.

Seriously, I would like to wish a Meaningful Kwanzaa to my people and join you in introspective confrontation of self and society from December 26th to January 1st in order to begin to receive and reconstruct our history and our lives, rebuilding a more positive image.

Umoja, Kujichagulia, Ujima, Ujamaa, Nia, Kuumba, Imani. Now, with that out of the way...

I mo take this op to lay my swerve on that riff I did at Double-Zero's candle jam. Yo peeps, I was just trippin, doing a buck fifty and just busted a shiz-nits. On the furilla, my niggilla. We was just kickin' it. But, no diggety, my rap was totally wack, nomsayin?

Now let's all slap skin and get down to the hardcore. Don't forget who got the phat pockets, and I'm fixin' to stack you brothers up some serious scrilla scratch. You heard? And all those Senate bee-yotches tryin' to Swazey my ass, ya need to just slow ya roll else we gone knuckle up and I mo bust a cap in yo doggy bone.

Crack another 40 and smoke some kill.

--- Trent Lott (pictured wearing a dashiki)
Now that's an accent. More correctly a dialect.

Hillary will make an absolutely fantastic President and I can't wait until she's elected next November!!

Compare Bush's two ways of speaking.

Interesting contrasts. I dunno about "dementia" but I have heard the "dry drunk" argument.

And there's that "nukyulur" again, which I believe is Karl Rove's idea engineered purposefully to appeal to knuckledraggers.

He's got a true Texas accent in the word "want" (0:32) and the word "right" (0:39) --- but then loses it in the word "crime" (2:15). Comes and goes.

Also compare Dubya's accent with his brother Jeb....

Hillary is so full of dung

Hillary Clinton's accent evolution (1983–2015)

Interesting mix. Some barely perceptible shifts, but then living for decades in Arkansas, as the video notes, would render at least familiarity with another voicing. As far as adapting to the audience, we all do that. It's called "mirroring". You use one voice to your boss, another to your pet, another to your child, another to a prospective S/O, et cetera, and when we hear the other party respond we "mirror".

Ask black people about the difference in mirroring depending on whether they're talking to a black or white audience.

I shifted my accent for broadcast work. Back in radio school we all did -- we read a piece of copy at the beginning of the course and listened to how we'd progressed smoothing out to 'standard broadcast American English'. Once you do that it can and does become the permanent default --- until you get fatigued, when the original starts to creep back in.

But today, if I'm in town I'll slip in a local Appalachian expression here and there to converse. Why not? It serves communication. If I'm on the air, that disappears and we go back to Standard.

So then you have changed your mind.

No, I just ruminated on how accents work. My original question, standing unmolested, remains "where is a fake accent in the OP video?"

It's not "oh shit there's nothing there lemme go find another video somewhere".

Back peddle much?

googletnt2-o-2.gif

Deflect much?

Question remains untouched. Deal with it.

I have, you confirmed and now you cry.

Interesting mix. Some barely perceptible shifts, but then living for decades in Arkansas, as the video notes, would render at least familiarity with another voicing. As far as adapting to the audience, we all do that. It's called "mirroring". You use one voice to your boss, another to your pet, another to your child, another to a prospective S/O, et cetera, and when we hear the other party respond we "mirror".

Ask black people about the difference in mirroring depending on whether they're talking to a black or white audience.

I shifted my accent for broadcast work. Back in radio school we all did -- we read a piece of copy at the beginning of the course and listened to how we'd progressed smoothing out to 'standard broadcast American English'. Once you do that it can and does become the permanent default --- until you get fatigued, when the original starts to creep back in.

But today, if I'm in town I'll slip in a local Appalachian expression here and there to converse. Why not? It serves communication. If I'm on the air, that disappears and we go back to Standard.

No, I just ruminated on how accents work. My original question, standing unmolested, remains "where is a fake accent in the OP video?"

Back peddle much?

googletnt2-o-2.gif

Deflect much?

No one's given me any evidence.
Since the burden of proof is yours, not mine, guess who's doing the crying.

I'll just continue to wait for evidence, or an admission that there's no such thing.
Couple of your more honest colleagues have already given it.
Be brave.

Compare Bush's two ways of speaking.

Interesting contrasts. I dunno about "dementia" but I have heard the "dry drunk" argument.

And there's that "nukyulur" again, which I believe is Karl Rove's idea engineered purposefully to appeal to knuckledraggers.

He's got a true Texas accent in the word "want" (0:32) and the word "right" (0:39) --- but then loses it in the word "crime" (2:15). Comes and goes.

Also compare Dubya's accent with his brother Jeb....

The cowboy accent came about the time Bush bought his "ranch". It was definitely to appeal to knuckedraggers, as you said.
He got rid of the "ranch" immediately after leaving the White House, and bought a house in a very nice neighborhood in Dallas.

Back peddle much?

googletnt2-o-2.gif

Deflect much?

I'll just continue to wait for evidence, or an admission that there's no such thing.
Be brave.
Sure I did and you commented on it. Confirming the OP I might add.

Reagan.jpg

-- Reminds me of Trent Lott's 2002 Kwanzaa message... since removed from the internets but it went:

Waaaaaaaah Zuuuuuuuup? Props to all the homeys and bizzos back at Ole Miss, and a shout out to my D.C. posse.

Seriously, I would like to wish a Meaningful Kwanzaa to my people and join you in introspective confrontation of self and society from December 26th to January 1st in order to begin to receive and reconstruct our history and our lives, rebuilding a more positive image.

Umoja, Kujichagulia, Ujima, Ujamaa, Nia, Kuumba, Imani. Now, with that out of the way...

I mo take this op to lay my swerve on that riff I did at Double-Zero's candle jam. Yo peeps, I was just trippin, doing a buck fifty and just busted a shiz-nits. On the furilla, my niggilla. We was just kickin' it. But, no diggety, my rap was totally wack, nomsayin?

Now let's all slap skin and get down to the hardcore. Don't forget who got the phat pockets, and I'm fixin' to stack you brothers up some serious scrilla scratch. You heard? And all those Senate bee-yotches tryin' to Swazey my ass, ya need to just slow ya roll else we gone knuckle up and I mo bust a cap in yo doggy bone.

Crack another 40 and smoke some kill.

--- Trent Lott (pictured wearing a dashiki)
Now that's an accent. More correctly a dialect.

I ain't no waze tie-erd

LOL

Back peddle much?

googletnt2-o-2.gif

Deflect much?

Be brave.
Sure I did and you commented on it. Confirming the OP I might add.

Again.. quote.. time stamp... anything?

All I got from anybody -- and it was Finger Boy, not you -- was the idea that the second video, where the speaker quotes the lyrics of gospel song -- word for word in a nasal Chicago twang -- amounted to an "accent". It doesn't. They're the actual lyrics. Which I also posted.

And I've got absolutely nothing on the first video. From anybody.

Burden of proof. Learn what it is.

Forum List

Back