Highlights of Sen. Kerry at the DNC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zhukov, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    "let's never misuse for political purposes the most precious document in American history, the Constitution of the United States"

"I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war."

"I will have a vice president who will not conduct secret meetings with polluters to rewrite our environmental laws."

"I will appoint an Attorney General who actually upholds the Constitution of the United States."

"I will immediately reform the intelligence system so policy is guided by facts, and facts are never distorted by politics."

"the United States of America never goes to war because we want to"

"Strength is more than tough words."

"Our purpose now is to reclaim democracy itself."

"the president who sits at that desk must be guided by principle"

"Values are not just words."

"I will restore trust and credibility to the White House."

You first Senator.

-

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    They are not going to get a bounce and I bet they lose supporters. The speech was bland, the convention was bland and the Democratic Party is bland.

As somebody pointed out today, this DNC Convention is much like the 1996 GOP Convention. They are "just going through the motions". The media big three hyped it up, but the public will see through their BS.

Frankly, after this convention, I feel more confident than ever that Bush/Cheney will win!

3. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Can you say 'landslide'?

4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159

Right. In one breath Kerry calls for respect but isn't respectful. He calls for an end to angry division but he only says things to inflame division. He was certainly no slouch at attacking Bush. It appears that Kerry wants to put the race on a personal level. Of course that would be much easier for him than to compare voting records.

This "Reinvention Convention" as Sean Hannity calls it, was such a sham. The Dems tried to sell themselves as patriotic, moral and unifying. They toned down their typical hate speech but it still came through loud and clear. Kerry really had nothing to sell but his war hero image and his promise to hand out goodies from the public coffers. Same old Democratic sales pitch.

It was hilarious how the Dems were trying to sell their connection to the military, patriotism, and support of the troops when all along they have been totally unsupportive in this area. They trotted out the generals and even Kerry's boat crew. They promised stuff for the military. Kerry was all for international help of course. I noticed that I did not hear a single patriotic song played. I guess Dems relate more to rap music and songs of the 60s.

A convention of lies with pretty red, white, and blue balloons...full of hot air just like the Democrats. Their fabrication should pop as quickly as the balloons.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I still find it amazing that people can in one mouth call for unity while on the other hand praising diversity. Ive been thinking alot about that. That is one of the problems with the Democrats agenda. I mean dont get me wrong im glad we are all different but our differences arent what make us great. Its are unity despite our differences that make us great and Ive just been thinking praising whats different isnt going to build bridges. its going to separate us into groups that are going to fight over things. Its going to divide rather than unite. Anyway enough of my soap box.

Onto other topics. how many decades can Democrats promise Americans health care before they realize they have been promising it for decades and not delivering?

6. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    And, if you noticed, nothing got nearly as much applause as the attacks and innuendos.

7. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I tried to watch it, but only got as far as "I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for duty".

That bastard. Once again he shows his complete contempt not only for those who have genuinely served their country, but for the American voter as well. Somehow he thinks that his self-service in Viet Nam will fool anyone but the brainwashed fanatics who disguise their disdain for the military because they want to use kerry's "service" as part of his resume'.

So kerry joins the Navy, spends his time putting himself in for medals he didn't deserve, runs away and tries to sell himself as a war hero to voters. When that fails, he flips 180 degrees, becomes a war "protestor" and betrays his former comrades by concocting "atrocities". Worse, he invented these lies not in any genuine interest in protesting the war, but merely for cheap, sleazy politics. Now he suddenly portrays himself as the white knight who proudly served his country. Kerry attempts to lump himself in with those who served their country honorably. He wants to appropriate the mantle of respectability from those who rightfully earned it - the very people about whom he lied, who he villified and who he treated with contempt when it served his devious purposes to do so.

I have never flat-out hated a politician before now. But kerry is vermin of the most contemptible order. The only good thing I can think of is that if he should be elected and serves with the same dedication he showed the last time he "reported for duty", he will be president for only four months.

8. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I'm going on a limb here and thinking this is a slam against Bush since he "went AWOL and didn't report for duty". Just a guess though.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    That may be part of it, but if you look at the number of times he bragged about hise so-called "service", I think this was the lead-in for that theme.

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I still find it hilarious that all the Democrats were running around in 1992 saying that military service has no bearing on one's qualification for the Presidency... and now in 2004 the exact same people are running around saying that because Kerry is a Vietnam vet, he's better qualified to be President.