Highlights of Sen. Kerry at the DNC

freeandfun1 said:

You call me a troll.

GOP's $11 trillion dollar swing in the Budget deficit is not a laughing matter. GOP needs to do some serious soul searching, you have strayed far away from your roots.

smirkinjesus said:
You call me a troll.

GOP's $11 trillion dollar swing in the Budget deficit is not a laughing matter. GOP needs to do some serious soul searching, you have strayed far away from your roots.

Things happen in war. Stop looking at the $$ amount and look at it as a % of our national GDP. If you do, it is not all that much. DOH!

smirkinjesus said:
(1) The somebody who holds the IOUs matching your $100K (average household) share of the fiscal fiasco is probably not you. You might have a few hundred dollars in savings bonds, or hold US debt indirectly via a money-market account. "Somebody" owns millions ... probably somebody who got rich(er) by virtue of unrealistically low, debt-subsidized taxe rates. Even if you own nada, you get taxed (for the rest of your life) to redeem all of somebody's IOUs.

Paying the piper means a massive tax-mediated net transfer of wealth from the many to the few.?

That is just opposite of what Kerry said. He promised that he would not increase taxes for the middle class but only roll back the tax cuts for those with 200k and up incomes.

smirkinjesus said:
(2) That somebody doesn't necessarily pay taxes anyway. Bonds are held extensively in tax-deferred or tax-exempt trusts, nonprofit endowments, insurance reserve accounts, pension plans, government agency accounts.

Paying the piper means taxpayers do all the giving ... but less than half the getting.?

I suppose that lots of those folks in the 200k+ category fall into this category of yours of who will be able to avoid paying taxes one way or another. Since Kerry said he is not going to raise taxes for the middle class, just how does he plan to pay the piper if these folks don't cough up enough change?

smirkinjesus said:
(3) Somebody isn't necessarily one of us. Foreigners save, lending us their surplus ... so American consumers can live beyond their means, corporations can leverage their earnings, and politicians can spend without taxing. Our economy -- bathed in a gentle rain of "free" money -- is less prosperous than it looks, to the tune of several hundred billion dollars a year. After a while it adds up.

Paying the piper means American taxpayers give, and foreign creditors get ... even the (shudder) French. Think of it as a Louisiana Purchase in reverse.?

I can understand Kerry's desire to give money to the French, but again, just where is he going to get that money if he is not going to increase taxes for the middle class like he promised and if he can't manage to get enough money from those tax-evading rich folks??

At least Bush has an economic plan to increase the growth of our country. So far his plan is working well as the GDP rises and the relative deficit falls. In contrast Kerry has no plan that will work, according to your reasoning, since you say that all of us taxpayers must foot the bill with increased taxes.

Or are you saying Kerry was just lying about not taxing the middle class?

I make over $200K a year and I pay plenty in taxes. yes, i buy tax deferred bonds. but so do a lot of 401K plans. So EVERYBODY that has a mutual fund, 401K, IRA, etc. probably owns some tax free bonds.

smirkinjesus said:
You call me a troll.

Smirkinjackass:

An 11 Trillion dollar swing would be correct if we were 1 trillion in debt now and had a 10 Trillion surplus before..............

Keep drinkin the DNC Koolaid :stupid:

smirkinjesus said:
[Did somebody say it's no big deal because the cuts will pay for themselves? Forget it. No if's, and's or but's. No legitimate model -- no matter how dynamic -- produces any such result. No reputable economist -- left, right, center or future -- states any such case. You probably thought they said it in Reagan's time, but -- as Laffer himself points out -- none ever did. It was all clever juxtaposition and parsing. You won't hear it now, except from political operatives who can't be held accountable. The dissonance is probably why they just moved the Council of Economic Advisors out of the White House.]

Oh but the tax cuts have generated more tax revenue.

Link

From what ive seen in the polls there is no one who is going to vote for Kerry that wasnt planning to before. Must have been some speech last night.

Regarding Kerry's service, Ive heard that he came back and accused his fellow soldiers of war crimes because he himself committed them and wanted to excuse himself for his crime by falsely accusing other soldiers of his crimes. It was an interesting analysis.

smirkinjesus said:
I think Kerry's first Act should be the "De-Ne[o]conification

Sure, let's stifle public debate and outlaw the opinions of those we disagree with. What a great idea.

Basically its not fair that me and my children have to pay for the disaster you guys created when you checked the box next to Bush's name in 2000.

In that case, we may as well just dispense with democracy as well.

These are some great ideas. Keep 'em coming.

I know, let's change the name of our country to The People's United States of America. Doesn't that sound so much better?

I still find it hilarious that all the Democrats were running around in 1992 saying that military service has no bearing on one's qualification for the Presidency... and now in 2004 the exact same people are running around saying that because Kerry is a Vietnam vet, he's better qualified to be President.
I totally agree. I also find it hilarious how they just ignore his comments about veterans being murderers (they usually say some crap about how Kerry had the guts to "speak out" about the war) and this book cover:
KerryCover.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back