Higher Taxes Will Get the Economy On Track

Not poor. They are the lower 50% of income earners. They could certainly afford to pay something, right?

So you were opposed to the Bush Tax cuts I take it?

I thought you didnt care about my opinion. Another lie from you.

I was fine with them until the Democrats insisted on giving tax cuts to people who paid no taxes.

Ah, so you are a hypocrite, got it.

And I don't care about your opinion of me. Your hypocritical opinion of our country is always funny to point out, so please keep sharing that with us.

Spending is the problem.

Cutting spending is the solution.

Common Sense 101.

Everything needs to be on the table. Everything.

Same question genius. Which programs and how much? Or are you a parrot?

Hey Genius. How bout all of em.

This Govt is a fat bloated pig and has turned into one very expensive monster. A monster we can no longer support.

Cut everything. How much? How bout 25% off the top of everything.

Get rid of loads of programs. From what I've been reading there are plenty of useless, costly programs out there. Many duplicates of each other. After all they are spending our money.

Get rid of tax cuts, tax loopholes, subsidies for both business and taxpayers.

Go after welfare with an axe. Let people take care of themselves for a change. I know I'm tired of footing the bills for their lives.

You wanted a number and I gave you one. 25% of every program out there.

So you were opposed to the Bush Tax cuts I take it?

I was fine with them until the Democrats insisted on giving tax cuts to people who paid no taxes.

And I don't care about your opinion of me. Your hypocritical opinion of our country is always funny to point out, so please keep sharing that with us.

I'm a hypocrite because I support a system where every dollar earned gets taxed exactly the same. What drugs are you on again?

You going to go into 'full meltdown'?

Look zeke, I don't know how much, but what we're spending now is unsustainable... PERIOD. Where do you propose we get the money to continue funding increased entitlements that ALREADY eat over 50% of our national income?

Hey Guy. I appreciate an honest answer. But if you (and I don't mean just you) continually cry for a reduction in spending that goes to mostly Americans, then how in the hell can it be honestly evaluated if no one seems to know how much to cut and what programs to cut.

But I am not in "meltdown". What I have seen happen on this board is when you call bull shit in a strong manner, a lot of you rethugs can't take it. You can dish it out, but can't take it.

I know you don't have "answers". But it sure seems strange to tout a "solution of cuts" when no one wants to define the cuts.

Could it be that it is easy to make these broad generalities but very difficult to narrow it down.

One thing I know from running a household. When your debts are running to high, more income sure helps. But not in repub land. Income bad. Cuts in programs good. I bet in a struggling repub household, they will go without food before they get a second job. Cause everyone knows that more income does not help if you are spending to much money. Only cuts will do.

zeke, it would be nice if there was 'more income' to be had, but I've already shown that even if you took ALL the money it wouldn't run the government but for 9 lousy months, and then there would be nothing left.

You want specifics, I'll give you a few.

Close the vast majority of our 100+ overseas military bases and let our 'allies' defend themselves for a change. Bring those servicemen and women HOME where their paychecks can be spent in OUR economy.

Eliminate ALL foreign aid. We're BROKE, and we shouldn't be borrowing from China to fund our largesse.

Increase the SS retirement age to 72. When SS was started the avg life expectancy was 58 for men and 62 for women. The scheme can't work unless more people die before they can collect. Cold? Maybe, but I didn't devise the system.

Try those on for starters...

If only we increased taxes on the wealthy, greedy corporations, estates, capital gains, and profits more the economy would improve dramatically........

Just think of all the jobs govt would be able to "create" with all that tax revenue LOL

You can tax the 2%, 70% if you want and it won't change anything until the out of control spending is reduced, but keep with your echo chamber talking points...I find them amusing. :D

I'm a hypocrite because I support a system where every dollar earned gets taxed exactly the same. What drugs are you on again?

You're a hypocrite because you support tax cuts then slam people who receive those tax cuts. The very definition of a hypocrite.

Spending is the problem.

Common Sense 101.

This Govt is a fat bloated pig and has turned into one very expensive monster. A monster we can no longer support.

Get rid of loads of programs. From what I've been reading there are plenty of useless, costly programs out there. Many duplicates of each other. After all they are spending our money.

Go after welfare with an axe. Let people take care of themselves for a change. I know I'm tired of footing the bills for their lives.

When a homless starving family knocks on your door, what will you do?

If only we increased taxes on the wealthy, greedy corporations, estates, capital gains, and profits more the economy would improve dramatically........

Just think of all the jobs govt would be able to "create" with all that tax revenue LOL

You can tax the 2%, 70% all you want and it won't change anything until the out of control spending is reduced, but keep with your echo chamber talking points...I find them amusing. :D

Yep. Cut the spending.

Common Sense 101.

The only way to help the poor and middle class is by raising their taxes while removing all of their safety nets.....oh yeah, we should also decrease the tax rates for our richest citizens. Voila, middle class prosperity and no more poor people!

Last Tuesday, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney shared his tax returns from 2010 and the estimates for what he will pay for 2011 with the media and the public. In 2010, he reported earning $21.7 million in income and paying $3 million in federal taxes, a rate of about 14 percent. The estimates for 2011 show him earning about $20.9 million in income and paying $3.2 million, a rate of about 15.4 percent. Romney campaign officials emphasized that the presidential candidate was paying all the taxes he was legally obligated to.

He and his wife, Ann, also reported donating about $7 million to charity over the same two years, mostly to the Mormon church, which totals more than they paid in federal taxes.

Which donation' do you think helped the poor and middle class more? The $6.2 million Romny paid in federal taxes or the $7 million he gave to charity? Before you answer, keep in mind that most charities give help to the needy with volunteers and the federal government has a paid staff of thousands to dispense food stamps.

I've already shown that you can tax the top 10% EVERYTHING, confiscate and liquidate ALL their assets, do the same to the ENTIRE Fortune 500 and you get enough money to run government for 9 lousy months.

What do you do in the 10th month, zeke?

And this is what I really don't get. You act like it is an all or nothing proposition.

Do you really think that we got in this mess over just the past 3 1/2 years? You know that is not the case.

So how can you think it will be fixed in month 10. Did I say anywhere that we need to take all the money from the rich and the Wall street companies and so forth.

No. I think this will be a long drawn out battle to bring up the nations income, thereby generating more income tax revenue and taxing people more. And cutting some programs a lot.

We the people have had this money spent either on our behalf and by people that we elected.
To try and skip out on paying our bills and fulfilling our obligations would make us deadbeats.

You wanna live in a nation that acts like a deadbeat? From what I read here, many Rethugs would like to be deadbeats cause they sure as hell don't wanna pay for what we as a nation bought. YOu all wanted wars in Iraq, but don't want to pay for it. You wanted big tax cuts, but don't want to pay for them. Perscription plan, cool. But lets not pay for it. Wanted to deregulate banks. No problem. But now that the banks had to be bailed out after deregualtion, you guys don't want to pay for it.

What is up with Repubs giving away the store but not wanting to pay for anything? Cheap asses.

Listen fucktard, you're barking up the wrong goddamned tree here.

I didn't want the war in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Tax cuts, yeah, the folks that DO pay them pay too fucking much.

Medicare Part D I didn't support, either.

De-regulate banks? Not me, I was pissed when Glass-Steagal was repealed.

So stop fucking generalizing and stop fucking whining!

Spending is the problem.

Common Sense 101.

Eliminate the following, for starters:

Department of Education.
Department of Agriculture.
Depeartment of Commerce.
Department of Energy.
Department of Labor.
Department of Transportation.
Department of Interior.

Spending is the problem.

Common Sense 101.

Let's just do a quick starter list

Administration for Native Americans
Administrative Committee of the Federal Register
African Development Foundation
Agency for International Development
Agricultural Marketing Service
Alabama Home Page
Alabama State, County, and City Websites
Alaska Home Page
Alaska State, County, and City Websites
American Samoa Home Page
Appalachian Regional Commission
Arctic Research Commission
Arizona Home Page
Arizona State, County, and City Websites
Arkansas Home Page
Arkansas State, County, and City Websites
Arms Control and International Security
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation
Bonneville Power Administration
Botanic Garden
Broadcasting Board of Governors (Voice of America, Radio|TV Marti and more)
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
Bureau of International Labor Affairs

Want me to go into the C's and beyond?

What I have done in the past. Call my Pastor who will find them a place to stay and dispense some food from and sign them up for our free food bank. Then on Sunday he will ask for a contribution and we all will kick in a few bucks and some clothes if they are needed for the family.

What would you do?

Last edited:

Feed them.

Spending is the problem.

Common Sense 101.

Eliminate the following, for starters:

Department of Education.
Department of Agriculture.
Department of Commerce.
Department of Energy.
Department of Labor.
Department of Transportation.
Department of Interior.

That's a fairly good start.

Name one politician/public figure who supports your ridiculous idea. Oh thats right, you can't because it's......ridiculous.

Since when have politicians been noted for being sound judges of economic theory? Mostyly they are economic ignoramuses, especially liberal politicians.

Name one respected economist then that supports what he wants.

Thomas Sowell
Walter Williams
Arther Laffer
James Buchanon
George Gilder

Thats easy.

I would offer them a meal.

I would extend charity because I CHOSE TO DO SO. Not because some Govt asshole has decided I need to take care of this poor family.

I would also contact my local church to see if they could assist with a place to stay.

Charity isn't beyond anyone if they want to extend it.

The difference between being forced and wanting to help.

Forum List

Back