Higher Taxes Will Get the Economy On Track

We just can't afford to keep this shit up... PERIOD.

So.......how much guy? How much to cut from SSI retirement program? 15%? 25%

Put a number on it.

Then explain how cutting a retirees income, maybe the only income they have, explain how we will then be a "stronger" nation.

How about the one item of welfare that us middle class take advantage of. The write off for interest on a mortgage. Eliminate that. Is that what you are saying? And how will this help make us a better, stronger nation with fewer people buying houses.

And the one I know you are really hung up on. Welfare. Lets cut those folks by what?
30 to 40%. Hell you know they got it to good anyway. Right guy?

Yea all these cuts can then allow the ultra rich to become richer. And that right there is the problem we have. The ultra rich don't have enough money. Yet. But they are working on it.

Yea I like the ideas you have there guy. Kinda like when we had to burn the village to "save" it.

Yes, massive deficit spending makes us stronger. Shit, look how strong Greece is!!

Get elected tjvh. YOu got it going on there big guy. YOu get your ass to Washington DC and straighten this mess out. No more spending EXCEPT on defense.

Me, I gotta go to work.

But I will be following your campaign closely.

Exactly how early do you start drinking?

Holy hell are you a moron, no wonder you are a hard right wing lunatic.

You do realize that the "Clinton economy" totally blew up at the end of his term and was known as the "dot bomb"?

You must not follow politics what so ever. W enjoyed many years of riding off of Clinton's dynamite economy. Shit didn't hit the fan until a few years into his presidency when all his horrific far right wing policies came into action and the economy went straight into the crapper.

Last edited:
Yes, massive deficit spending makes us stronger. Shit, look how strong Greece is!!

OK. Put a number on it. You gonna cut SSI how much? Eliminate the interest deduction? What?

You seen those riots in Greece. Pretty cool eh?

Seems strange you rethugs are all for "cuts", you just seem to never be able to put a number on it.
Why is that?

If only we increased taxes on the wealthy, greedy corporations, estates, capital gains, and profits more the economy would improve dramatically........

Just think of all the jobs govt would be able to "create" with all that tax revenue LOL

You fail to explain how removing money from the private sector is going to improve the economy "dramatically".

All of the groups you mention pay taxes already. The "wealthy" already pay more than their "fair share" since they pay at a much higher tax rate on their income.

We just can't afford to keep this shit up... PERIOD.

So.......how much guy? How much to cut from SSI retirement program? 15%? 25%

Put a number on it.

Then explain how cutting a retirees income, maybe the only income they have, explain how we will then be a "stronger" nation.

How about the one item of welfare that us middle class take advantage of. The write off for interest on a mortgage. Eliminate that. Is that what you are saying? And how will this help make us a better, stronger nation with fewer people buying houses.

And the one I know you are really hung up on. Welfare. Lets cut those folks by what?
30 to 40%. Hell you know they got it to good anyway. Right guy?

Yea all these cuts can then allow the ultra rich to become richer. And that right there is the problem we have. The ultra rich don't have enough money. Yet. But they are working on it.

Yea I like the ideas you have there guy. Kinda like when we had to burn the village to "save" it.

You going to go into 'full meltdown'?

Look zeke, I don't know how much, but what we're spending now is unsustainable... PERIOD. Where do you propose we get the money to continue funding increased entitlements that ALREADY eat over 50% of our national income?

I've already shown that you can tax the top 10% EVERYTHING, confiscate and liquidate ALL their assets, do the same to the ENTIRE Fortune 500 and you get enough money to run government for 9 lousy months.

What do you do in the 10th month, zeke?

If only we increased taxes on the wealthy, greedy corporations, estates, capital gains, and profits more the economy would improve dramatically........

Just think of all the jobs govt would be able to "create" with all that tax revenue LOL

You fail to explain how removing money from the private sector is going to improve the economy "dramatically".

All of the groups you mention pay taxes already. The "wealthy" already pay more than their "fair share" since they pay at a much higher tax rate on their income.

I believe L & R was being sarcastic... :dunno:

Holy shit you're slow. This is like moron on moron crime.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufAtuTwKlE]FLASHBACK: Obama Says You Don't Raise Taxes In A Recession - YouTube[/ame]

You going to go into 'full meltdown'?

Look zeke, I don't know how much, but what we're spending now is unsustainable... PERIOD. Where do you propose we get the money to continue funding increased entitlements that ALREADY eat over 50% of our national income?

Hey Guy. I appreciate an honest answer. But if you (and I don't mean just you) continually cry for a reduction in spending that goes to mostly Americans, then how in the hell can it be honestly evaluated if no one seems to know how much to cut and what programs to cut.

But I am not in "meltdown". What I have seen happen on this board is when you call bull shit in a strong manner, a lot of you rethugs can't take it. You can dish it out, but can't take it.

I know you don't have "answers". But it sure seems strange to tout a "solution of cuts" when no one wants to define the cuts.

Could it be that it is easy to make these broad generalities but very difficult to narrow it down.

One thing I know from running a household. When your debts are running to high, more income sure helps. But not in repub land. Income bad. Cuts in programs good. I bet in a struggling repub household, they will go without food before they get a second job. Cause everyone knows that more income does not help if you are spending to much money. Only cuts will do.

Spending is the problem.

Cutting spending is the solution.

Common Sense 101.

Everything needs to be on the table. Everything.

I've already shown that you can tax the top 10% EVERYTHING, confiscate and liquidate ALL their assets, do the same to the ENTIRE Fortune 500 and you get enough money to run government for 9 lousy months.

What do you do in the 10th month, zeke?

And this is what I really don't get. You act like it is an all or nothing proposition.

Do you really think that we got in this mess over just the past 3 1/2 years? You know that is not the case.

So how can you think it will be fixed in month 10. Did I say anywhere that we need to take all the money from the rich and the Wall street companies and so forth.

No. I think this will be a long drawn out battle to bring up the nations income, thereby generating more income tax revenue and taxing people more. And cutting some programs a lot.

We the people have had this money spent either on our behalf and by people that we elected.
To try and skip out on paying our bills and fulfilling our obligations would make us deadbeats.

You wanna live in a nation that acts like a deadbeat? From what I read here, many Rethugs would like to be deadbeats cause they sure as hell don't wanna pay for what we as a nation bought. YOu all wanted wars in Iraq, but don't want to pay for it. You wanted big tax cuts, but don't want to pay for them. Perscription plan, cool. But lets not pay for it. Wanted to deregulate banks. No problem. But now that the banks had to be bailed out after deregualtion, you guys don't want to pay for it.

What is up with Repubs giving away the store but not wanting to pay for anything? Cheap asses.

Spending is the problem.

Cutting spending is the solution.

Common Sense 101.

Everything needs to be on the table. Everything.

Same question genius. Which programs and how much? Or are you a parrot?

Exactly who are the "rich," asswipe ?

The top 2% fuckface.

Please show where higher taxation CAUSES prosperity... and please remember that coincidence does not equal causation

It is not the purpose of taxes to cause prosperity. It is the purpose of taxes to pay for government spending, in order to avoid or limit deficits and debt accumulation.

Of course if you believe a balanced budget is a component of the formula for prosperity, then taxes would be part of that formula.

The only way to help the poor and middle class is by raising their taxes while removing all of their safety nets.....oh yeah, we should also decrease the tax rates for our richest citizens. Voila, middle class prosperity and no more poor people!

The poor would rather have a job, and if they wouldn't, then they don't deserve help. We already have too many people riding in the wagon rather than pulling the wagon.

You're right. We need to end the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich and go back to the wildly successful Clinton plan, which did just that.

The so-called "Clinton plan" included cuts in government spending, especially welfare.

You're right. We need to end the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich and go back to the wildly successful Clinton plan, which did just that.

The so-called "Clinton plan" included cuts in government spending, especially welfare.

obama certainly fixed that didn't he. The goal of total government dependency marches on.

A flat tax of 20% would be more then enough confiscated tax dollars to waste on bureaucrats mindless schemes..................

Although it might not satisfy the looters demands for the fiction of "social justice"

Tons of Logik AND Reazon in this post. :eusa_eh:

What would taxing 20% of someone who is struggling to make ends meet mean? Prosperity and the path to riches of course.

It would mean paying their fair share. It might also mean a better paying job since a flat tax would be far better for the economy.

Now... you and ones like you also love to complain when the 'evil rich' only pay around 15% because they only pay capital gains... well, a 20% flat tax with zero exceptions, zero deductions, and zero loopholes should make you happy then

Name one politician/public figure who supports your ridiculous idea. Oh thats right, you can't because it's......ridiculous.

Since when have politicians been noted for being sound judges of economic theory? Mostyly they are economic ignoramuses, especially liberal politicians.

Forum List

Back