High Schools Failing to Prepare Students for College

SOME homeschool kids are doing very well and SOME are basically getting nothing from their homeschools.

It basically depends on the parents doin gthe job well.

Maine is one of those places where homeschooling your kids is a right.

Mixed results is what we seem to be getting

We homeschooled our son for some subjects (basically the humanities) and for others he attended high school (math and science).

Guess which subjects he still excels in? The humanities, of course.

But that's probably not entirely fair to the school, either since he is intellectually given to getting humanities and like most people, really has to work to get math and sciences.

Homeschooling should be a RIGHT, folks.

Absolutely, not everyone that homeschools does a great job. But speaking generally, homeschooled kids do better on standardized tests.

I've been homeschooling my kids for 4 years and I've been very happy with the results. It should be right.

As to them being socially inept -- there could be a few, but most of the ones we see are well-socialized, and able to speak comfortably to people of all ages, not just kids their age.

There is that bald-faced lie again! When are you homeschooling advocates going to educate yourself in statistics so that you can see how wrong you are?

Please tell me which standardized test was used to test EVERY home-schooled student and EVERY public school student so that a valid comparison could be made. Until you can do that, you are merely pissing in the wind!

The only liar here is you.

Now...watch me bury you again, you dunce.

"Research shows that home-schooled students are certainly capable of adjusting to the college curriculum academically – home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT and often enter college with more college credits. Studies have also shown that on average home-schooled students have higher grade point averages in their freshman years and have higher graduation rates than their peers."
Do home-schoolers do better in college than traditional students?

In your face, boyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!

SOME homeschool kids are doing very well and SOME are basically getting nothing from their homeschools.

We homeschooled our son for some subjects (basically the humanities) and for others he attended high school (math and science).

But that's probably not entirely fair to the school, either since he is intellectually given to getting humanities and like most people, really has to work to get math and sciences.

Absolutely, not everyone that homeschools does a great job. But speaking generally, homeschooled kids do better on standardized tests.

I've been homeschooling my kids for 4 years and I've been very happy with the results. It should be right.

As to them being socially inept -- there could be a few, but most of the ones we see are well-socialized, and able to speak comfortably to people of all ages, not just kids their age.

There is that bald-faced lie again! When are you homeschooling advocates going to educate yourself in statistics so that you can see how wrong you are?

Please tell me which standardized test was used to test EVERY home-schooled student and EVERY public school student so that a valid comparison could be made. Until you can do that, you are merely pissing in the wind!

"Research shows that home-schooled students are certainly capable of adjusting to the college curriculum academically – home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT and often enter college with more college credits. Studies have also shown that on average home-schooled students have higher grade point averages in their freshman years and have higher graduation rates than their peers."

You cite an article by a newspaper with no information detailed on the study itself. I take it you were home-schooled also, simply because you are not that smart.

I already destroyed the argument you made because not every student is required to take the SAT or ACT. it is a statistical lie to establish a comparison based on flawed data. My public school students are ALL required to take it during their junior year, including kids who are emotionally and mentally retarded (to put it terms you might understand). How do you think that effects the average score when you consider that there is no incentive for these students to do well if they are not planning on attending college?

One of my students told me yesterday that his goal in life is to drive Amish farmers around in a van so they can do their shopping in town. Apparently that is what his high school dropout father does and makes a decent chunk of change. How well do you think he will do on the ACT?

If he were home-schooled, he would never be required to take that test.

You cite an article by a newspaper with no information detailed on the study itself. I take it you were home-schooled also, simply because you are not that smart.

I already destroyed the argument you made because not every student is required to take the SAT or ACT. it is a statistical lie to establish a comparison based on flawed data. My public school students are ALL required to take it during their junior year, including kids who are emotionally and mentally retarded (to put it terms you might understand). How do you think that effects the average score when you consider that there is no incentive for these students to do well if they are not planning on attending college?

One of my students told me yesterday that his goal in life is to drive Amish farmers around in a van so they can do their shopping in town. Apparently that is what his high school dropout father does and makes a decent chunk of change. How well do you think he will do on the ACT?

These were your words, the ones I rammed back down your throat:

"Please tell me which standardized test was used blah blah blah...."

This was my answer, which did the 'ramming' in a succinct and effective manner:

"– home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT ..."

Clearly, you are unhappy with the results of your parenting.

I was more than happy to force you to reveal that.

If you posted in the hopes of hiding your ineptitude, clearly, your plan didn't work.

"– home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT ..."

If you posted in the hopes of hiding your ineptitude, clearly, your plan didn't work.

You are so stupid you don't even realize that you are stupid. I suggest getting an education about education.

Those tests are NOT used, as they are not required to be given to all public schools students and they are definitely not required for ANY home school students.

That makes any comparison you are pathetically attempting to make null and void. Try to get an apples to apples comparison before you embarrass yourself yet again.

You are so stupid you don't even realize that you are stupid. I suggest getting an education about education.

Those tests are NOT used, as they are not required to be given to all public schools students and they are definitely not required for ANY home school students.

That makes any comparison you are pathetically attempting to make null and void. Try to get an apples to apples comparison before you embarrass yourself yet again.

You wrote this:

Homeschooling is more successful than government schooling....to suggest otherwise would require one who is dissatisfied with the results of their educational choices....as dope like you.

Now, you've been schooled.....be gone.

You wrote this:

Homeschooling is more successful than government schooling....to suggest otherwise would require one who is dissatisfied with the results of their educational choices....as dope like you.

So now you are simply repeating your lies. Why is that? You have no valid comparison, no actual source and Ike most home-schoolers, no real idea how education should be accomplished. If you home-schooled your kids with that attitude, you are guilty of child neglect.

You wrote this:

So now you are simply repeating your lies. Why is that? You have no valid comparison, no actual source and Ike most home-schoolers, no real idea how education should be accomplished. If you home-schooled your kids with that attitude, you are guilty of child neglect.

1. I never lie. Never.

2. I've slapped you around twice already.....even a rented mule doesn't require as much remediation as you do....

3. " no actual source and Ike most home-schoolers, no real idea how education should be accomplished. If you home-schooled your kids with that attitude, you are guilty of child neglect."

As I stated earlier, you seem to be attempting to assuage a sense of guilt in your children's schooling....
...and this comment would be evidence of exactly that.

4.Since I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide....I will continue to do that very thing:

"Studies suggest that those who go on to college will outperform their peers.

Students coming from a home school graduated college at a higher rate than their peers—66.7 percent compared to 57.5 percent—and earned higher grade point averages along the way, according to a study that compared students at one doctoral university from 2004-2009.

They're also better socialized than most high school students, says Joe Kelly, an author and parenting expert who home-schooled his twin daughters."
https://www.usnews.com/education/hi...12/06/01/home-schooled-teens-ripe-for-college

Now....wipe the egg off your face, you dunce.....and the drool.

No....wait: it's an improvement.

You wrote this:

1. I never lie. Never.

2. I've slapped you around twice already.....even a rented mule doesn't require as much remediation as you do....

3. " no actual source and Ike most home-schoolers, no real idea how education should be accomplished. If you home-schooled your kids with that attitude, you are guilty of child neglect."

As I stated earlier, you seem to be attempting to assuage a sense of guilt in your children's schooling....

4.Since I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide....I will continue to do that very thing:

Students coming from a home school graduated college at a higher rate than their peers—66.7 percent compared to 57.5 percent—and earned higher grade point averages along the way, according to a study that compared students at one doctoral university from 2004-2009.

They're also better socialized than most high school students, says Joe Kelly, an author and parenting expert who home-schooled his twin daughters."
https://www.usnews.com/education/hi...12/06/01/home-schooled-teens-ripe-for-college

Yes, you lie repeatedly, mostly to yourself!

Sp where is this study that you conveniently forgot to cite,? (Red text)

Did you not know the meaning of the word "one" in your comment about graduation rates? (Green text)

You even admit that your source is biased by cutting and pasting from the linked article. (Blue text)

Answer these points. Why do you continue to quote biased sources and then fail to understand how they prove nothing of what you claim?

You would receive a failing grade on this assignment in any public school, but would probably give your kids an A+ for similar shoddy work.

You wrote this:

1. I never lie. Never.

Did you not know the meaning of the word "one" in your comment about graduation rates? (Green text)

You even admit that your source is biased by cutting and pasting from the linked article. (Blue text)

Answer these points. Why do you continue to quote biased sources and then fail to understand how they prove nothing of what you claim?

You would receive a failing grade on this assignment in any public school, but would probably give your kids an A+ for similar shoddy work.

Let's see.....I've smacked you in the kisser twice? Thrice?

Let's make it a quad:

"...new research showing that the average home-schooler who takes standardized achievement tests is doing very well. The study, commissioned by the Home School Legal Defense Association and conducted by Brian Ray, an internationally recognized scholar and president of the nonprofit National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), is called “Progress Report 2009: Homeschool Academic Achievement and Demographics.”

The study included almost 12,000 home-school students from all 50 states who took three well-known standardized achievements tests — the California Achievement Test, the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Stanford Achievement Test — for the 2007-08 academic year. The students were drawn from 15 independent testing services, making it the most comprehensive home-school academic study to date.

The results reinforced previous home-school studies conducted over a period of 25 years.

Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area."
HOME-SCHOOLING: Outstanding results on national tests

So.....your fallacious argument is destroyed yet again.

What more is there to say, except that you have been proven....proven....to be a dunce and a liar.

I'm gonna guess that anyone who has had to deal with you knows that early on.

True?

Last edited:
Are all students, home schooled or not, capable of a college education?

Are all students, home schooled or not, capable of a college education?

Now, reggie....in light of the many times I've tried to educate you- providing undeniable data, facts and quotes, about the iniquities of Franklin Roosevelt....yet you continue to swoon at his feet.....

...how can you ask if every student is educable????

You silly boy.

Nor is college required for your chosen profession, greeting the shoppers at Walmart.....

True?

You wrote this:

1. I never lie. Never.

Let's make it a quad:

"...new research showing that the average home-schooler who takes standardized achievement tests is doing very well. The study, commissioned by the Home School Legal Defense Association and conducted by Brian Ray, an internationally recognized scholar and president of the nonprofit National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), is called “Progress Report 2009: Homeschool Academic Achievement and Demographics.”

The study included almost 12,000 home-school students from all 50 states who took three well-known standardized achievements tests — the California Achievement Test, the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Stanford Achievement Test — for the 2007-08 academic year. The students were drawn from 15 independent testing services, making it the most comprehensive home-school academic study to date.

The results reinforced previous home-school studies conducted over a period of 25 years.

Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area."

What more is there to say, except that you have been proven....proven....to be a dunce and a liar.

True?

Once again you have proven yourself a poor reader and simply do not understand the problem.

Those "standardized tests" you cite are NOT given in most schools. In fact, in 20 years of teaching, in numerous schools districts, in two states and for the Department of Defense, only the Stanford Achievement Test was ever given and that was to the Department of Defense Dependent Schools, of which there are a whopping two small high schools in the entire DODEA system here in the US.

You need to take a good statistics course at the college level to understand why your comparisons are simply invalid,

You can quote your biased statistics all day long, but the truth is that there is no valid comparison possible until ALL home-schooled children are required to take the same tests as the public and charter school students.

That is why most comparisons between charter and public schools are also invalid.

Keep on trying if you want to waste your time and embarrass yourself even further, but I getting tired of handing your ass to you and you blowing it off because you are simply too ignorant to understand the issue.

You wrote this:

1. I never lie. Never.

Let's make it a quad:

True?

Once again you have proven yourself a poor reader and simply do not understand the problem.

Those "standardized tests" you cite are NOT given in most schools. In fact, in 20 years of teaching, in numerous schools districts, in two states and for the Department of Defense, only the Stanford Achievement Test was ever given and that was to the Department of Defense Dependent Schools, of which there are a whopping two small high schools in the entire DODEA system here in the US.

You need to take a good statistics course at the college level to understand why your comparisons are simply invalid,

You can quote your biased statistics all day long, but the truth is that there is no valid comparison possible until ALL home-schooled children are required to take the same tests as the public and charter school students.

That is why most comparisons between charter and public schools are also invalid.

Keep on trying if you want to waste your time and embarrass yourself even further, but I getting tired of handing your ass to you and you blowing it off because you are simply too ignorant to understand the issue.

I've already proven you a liar and a dunce.

What more is there to say?

1. I never lie. Never.

Let's make it a quad:

True?

You haven't proven anything about me. All you did is prove how little you know about education, statistics, and reading comprehension.

The only thing left to say is that you apologize for being a dick and admit your error.

1. I never lie. Never.

Let's make it a quad:

True?

You haven't proven anything about me. All you did is prove how little you know about education, statistics, and reading comprehension.

The only thing left to say is that you apologize for being a dick and admit your error.

OK, you dunce....who's your mama???

Admit it- I spanked you good and plenty.

Now...say it: homeschooling has been proven...PROVEN....better than government schooling.

Then....back into the sewer with you.

Let's make it a quad:

True?

Now...say it: homeschooling has been proven...PROVEN....better than government schooling.

The only thing you have proven is what a major asshole you are. Goodbye, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's make it a quad:

True?

Except 90% of parents don't have the time to home school because it takes both of them working to survive. 85% of kids in this country go to public school and it works for the most part...Do you really want to destroy something that works 80%+ of the time?

Forum List

Back