Hidden welfare

so please. Give me some evidence that the rich don't pay taxes? And since your contention is that they're enjoying the same perks as the super poor, please provide some evidence that they get money back from the government in the form of *tax returns* for taxes they never paid?

i'll wait.

reposted for your convenience. You must have missed it before.

I never said that they pay no taxes!!!!

Read the links, you fucking idiot!!!!!!!!

The wealthy are--and always have been--completely dependent on one form of welfare or another. After all, if they had to scratch and compete, they wouldn't be able to call themselves THE LEISURE CLASS

Yep.

The rich steal from the poor. After all, that's where the money is.

I'm always amazed at how cleverly you fascists have this figured out.....

The thing that annoys me most about the left is that while they pretend to function at a higher level, the finer points of discourse and debate, even reason, escape them.

Here we have MM who is pretending to intelligently discuss a topic...but when asked a direct question, refuses to answer or provides completely unrelated material. In her mind, she's responding to the question she would have LIKED to be asked (and which is of course therefore the only question that matters). When she realizes she made an idiotic statement that can't be supported, she retreats behind the standard "I'm too smart to be bothered, obviously this person doesn't get it."

Well know, because what you say and what you prove are two entirely different things, despite the fact you pretend they aren't.

You didn't say that fed taxes for the rich had dropped. You said they didn't exist. You also said that just as poor people get a free ride, so do the rich.

That's a pretty cut and dried statement, and a pretty strong one. And you won't provide verification for it, because it's a lie. So your entire premise is based upon a lie. Nothing else you say or posts matters, because you're lying when you say that, and that is your primary justification for going after the wealthy.

You moron. Those links don't prove anything you said.

Give us the quotes. You made the statement, you should have those right at your fingertips.

Lol...nice trolling, btw.

Here is what I said, verbatim you fool.

To listen to the right, Americans are demanding that budget cuts be made in social programs to lower the deficit. Ironically, however, they don't want their taxes raised (or touched) that disguise other forms of "welfare" for which they are huge beneficiaries:

Americans Oppose Eliminating Income Tax Deductions

We also hear a constant refrain from the right that 45% pay no taxes at all, attempting to blame the low-income people alone, when in fact that 45% includes many wealthy people who use the existing tax loopholes to either pay no income taxes, or at least lower their tax obligations to near zero.

Super rich see federal taxes drop dramatically - Yahoo! News

So I question whether anyone is really serious about paying down the debt, which will require sacrifice and pain at all levels. The common answer seen in poll after poll after poll is NO.

What is it you think I said that seems to have your panties in such a wad?
READ!!!!!!!!

MM, board idiot. You get TM's crown:

Having money in your bank acct, and not being dependent on a gov't HANDOUT.
Clear enough for ya?

Aww, little miss cut 'n run Allie Babba just had to give me a neg rep, too chicken shit to post her comment where everyone could see.

temper-tantrum-girl-425ds061609_getty.jpg

Sometimes its best to say "aww FUCKET, some folks will never learn" :eusa_eh:

Some libs are just too bullheaded to listen and learn

Kudos to you if you're able to take advantage of tax loopholes, but millions of people are barred because they don't meet the income-deduction formula.

My point, which you obviously missed completely, is that people like you bitch and moan about low-income people paying no taxes at all, but never bitch and moan about wealthy people who also manipulate their tax liabilty so that they too owe zero in taxes. Ironically, both scenarios are about "having more in your bank account," or is that too difficult for you and Mz. Babble to grasp?

What a low life liar you are.

Not only are you lying about wealthy people paying zero in taxes, you've lied about saying it in the first place.

So here's the thing..either you are too fucking stupid to know what you have said yourself (in which case, why on earth would anyone listen to anything you say?) or you are just your run of the mill liar (in which case, why on earth would anyone listen to anything you say?).

I vote for liar. You think you have a lot of important stuff to say, and I'm sure you justify lying to get it out there.

AllieBaba said:
Lol...nice trolling, btw.

If anyone's a troll, it's you. I started the thread with a debatable topic, to which you have zero contribution except to insult, aka trolling.

I can't even be bothered with morons like you anymore. I'm sure the next thing I read from you will be another caustic comment to accompany another tantrum in the form of a neg rep. Grow the fuck up, would ya?

I asked you a simple question based upon your own stupid comment.

First you pretended to answer it (with a completely irrelevant answer) then you pretended not to have said it.

That's not trolling, that's called routing the asswipe who can't keep her own lies straight.

And in a real debate, the cup would go to moi. I effectively decimated your argument for taxing the wealthy disproportionately.

The thing that annoys me most about the left is that while they pretend to function at a higher level, the finer points of discourse and debate, even reason, escape them.

Here we have MM who is pretending to intelligently discuss a topic...but when asked a direct question, refuses to answer or provides completely unrelated material. In her mind, she's responding to the question she would have LIKED to be asked (and which is of course therefore the only question that matters). When she realizes she made an idiotic statement that can't be supported, she retreats behind the standard "I'm too smart to be bothered, obviously this person doesn't get it."

Well know, because what you say and what you prove are two entirely different things, despite the fact you pretend they aren't.

You didn't say that fed taxes for the rich had dropped. You said they didn't exist. You also said that just as poor people get a free ride, so do the rich.

That's a pretty cut and dried statement, and a pretty strong one. And you won't provide verification for it, because it's a lie. So your entire premise is based upon a lie. Nothing else you say or posts matters, because you're lying when you say that, and that is your primary justification for going after the wealthy.

You're a liar, on top of being an illiterate fool.

Here's the question, why should I have to pay for Bob's healthcare? It's his responsibility to get Insurance! We ain't Canada, Healthcare should not be paid for by the Government.

I will give you one very good reason. Because when you are born, you don't know whether or not you will be Bob. And that does not mean Bob should not pay anything. But you and I subsidizing Bob isn't the worst thing in the world. And if Bob benefits by staying healthier and contributing more to society due to our supporting his better health, then everyone benefits in the long run.
You are right I don't know if I'll be Bob so what do I do? Buy insurance. The 13th most powerful company in the world is an insurance company. It's their job to take money from everyone and pay for bob. Not the Government. Why? Because that way If people get annoyed with the insurance company they can leave it unlike the Government.

When Bob becomes too sick to afford the insurance payments that have been increased drastically due to his high risk, then what does Bob do?

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet I know at least a tiny bit more about this stuff than 99% of the people on this site.

Because you spend 99% more time on DailyKOS....

ROFL

Arrogance from the left is a crackup - talk about irony.....

What does DailyKOS have to do with understanding how to use the internet? For the record I've never been to DailyKOS once in my life and you obviously have no clue what the conversation was about.

Tell me why should I have to pay more in income taxes when nearly half the people filing pay none or get more back than they paid in?

I pay my share. Last year I paid in over 40K in state and federal income taxes. So don't expect me to feel bad for some fucking deadbeat who didn't pay a fucking penny.

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet I know at least a tiny bit more about this stuff than 99% of the people on this site.

ROFL

What does DailyKOS have to do with understanding how to use the internet? For the record I've never been to DailyKOS once in my life and you obviously have no clue what the conversation was about.

good grief are you STILL going on about how superior your internet skills are to everyone else's?

Really????

I have a fb non-friend who has 161 photos of HIMSELF on his fb page. That's it. Flipping through them is like one of those stick-guy animation books....where you flip and it's the same guy in a slightly different pose....

Eric? Is that you????

Why do the right wingers worship the rich? We all pay taxes, and the poor pay with every purchase. Even those who make little pay on most purchases. What the hell is wrong with a nation in which everyone leads a nice life, and the wealth of that nation is shared. Wealth comes from a sound, constitutional government of the people, it is sure as hell doesn't come from the rich. Again why do the conservatives, and right wingers worship the rich? A rather boring and useless gawd I think.

Warren Buffett : ""[We] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent.”

Mr. Buffett said that he made $46 million in 2006 and was taxed at 17.7 percent, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 percent. It's troubling statistics such as these that fuel cries of income inequality and the deterioration of democracy. However, a new paper by Greg Mankiw entitled “Spreading the Wealth Around: Reflections on Joe the Plumber” elucidates a completely different perspective, citing the Congressional Budget Office calculations." Watson Inc: Do The Rich Pay Their Fair Share Of Taxes?: Eliminate Consumer Debt and Build Wealth

ROFL

good grief are you STILL going on about how superior your internet skills are to everyone else's?

Really????

I have a fb non-friend who has 161 photos of HIMSELF on his fb page. That's it. Flipping through them is like one of those stick-guy animation books....where you flip and it's the same guy in a slightly different pose....

Eric? Is that you????

Honestly have no clue what the hell you're talking about. You ranting about your friend on FB, the other guy is going on about DailyKOS. LOL. WTF.

Tell me why should I have to pay more in income taxes when nearly half the people filing pay none or get more back than they paid in?

I pay my share. Last year I paid in over 40K in state and federal income taxes. So don't expect me to feel bad for some fucking deadbeat who didn't pay a fucking penny.

Skull, let me ask you an objective question; how much income did you pay no federal tax on at all? I am willing to bet that your deductions were more than a lot of these people who don't pay taxes make.

Why do the right wingers worship the rich? We all pay taxes, and the poor pay with every purchase. Even those who make little pay on most purchases. What the hell is wrong with a nation in which everyone leads a nice life, and the wealth of that nation is shared. Wealth comes from a sound, constitutional government of the people, it is sure as hell doesn't come from the rich. Again why do the conservatives, and right wingers worship the rich? A rather boring and useless gawd I think.

Warren Buffett : ""[We] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent.”

Mr. Buffett said that he made $46 million in 2006 and was taxed at 17.7 percent, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 percent. It's troubling statistics such as these that fuel cries of income inequality and the deterioration of democracy. However, a new paper by Greg Mankiw entitled “Spreading the Wealth Around: Reflections on Joe the Plumber” elucidates a completely different perspective, citing the Congressional Budget Office calculations." Watson Inc: Do The Rich Pay Their Fair Share Of Taxes?: Eliminate Consumer Debt and Build Wealth

Your 30% comment is disingenuous at best.

just because her salary was 60K does not mean her adjusted gross income (what you actually pay taxes on) was 60K. Even if her AGI was 60K not all of it would have been taxed at 30% because we have a graduated tax scale.

Without knowing what her actual tax percentage was at the bottom of her 1040 (and I'll wager it was far less than 30%), your argument is less valuable than dog shit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back