Hidden welfare

So you obviously did not read the link, or you'd know it wasn't from KOS, stupid.

AP and KOS are one and the same. AP is openly biased.

But Ii'm glad you said "[my] link doesn't even attempt to claim that the rich don't pay taxes," because I never said that either. Pass it on to your mom, Allie.

Lie much?
My point, which you obviously missed completely, is that people like you bitch and moan about low-income people paying no taxes at all, but never bitch and moan about wealthy people who also manipulate their tax liabilty so that they too owe zero in taxes.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/163654-hidden-welfare-3.html#post3543612

Funny, I'll bet your age exceeds her's and mine combined. (And I'm over 50!)

Last edited:
Tell me why should I have to pay more in income taxes when nearly half the people filing pay none or get more back than they paid in?

I pay my share. Last year I paid in over 40K in state and federal income taxes. So don't expect me to feel bad for some fucking deadbeat who didn't pay a fucking penny.

Look at all the contributions the poor make to society. They provide you with cheap labor four your company. They keep your prices low at restaurants, etc..

They are already paying only not in taxes.

No one I employ earns less $16 an hour My top paid people (not including me) earn in excess of 90K.

If you call that cheap then you must be one of those evil rich people.

Why do the right wingers worship the rich?

Why do the neofascists worship poverty and failure?

We all pay taxes, and the poor pay with every purchase.

There is no federal sales tax, many states have no sales tax.

What the hell is wrong with a nation in which everyone leads a nice life, and the wealth of that nation is shared.

What the hell is wrong with leftists who have a nice life yet are consumed with jealousy and hatred at the thought that others might have more than they. (Except Oprah, it's okay for her to have more because she cares!)

Wealth comes from a sound, constitutional government of the people, it is sure as hell doesn't come from the rich.

Wealth comes from producing goods that others are willing to work to acquire.

Fascists lack the wits to comprehend this simple fact.

They worship failure because by encouraging others to fail, they can guarantee their own position at the top of the dung pile.

They aren't adept enough to make it on their own merit, so they must create a class of mindless rejects to stand upon.

Fascism equals corporatism. Um that's you guys, dummy.

Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're as stupid as a fucking fence post, Maggie...

{US Government to Buy GM if it Declares Bankruptcy
Posted by Kim Priestap

Published: May 19, 2009 - 3:11 PM

It really is not a surprise that the US government will buy GM if it goes into bankruptcy. It owns it for all intents and purposes now. Is it possible, though, that that Obama may have learned his lesson regarding steamrolling Chrysler's senior creditors?}

US Government to Buy GM if it Declares Bankruptcy (Wizbang)

Say, isn't that the merger of governmental and corporate power structures? (Fascism?)

Why do the right wingers worship the rich?

What the hell is wrong with leftists who have a nice life yet are consumed with jealousy and hatred at the thought that others might have more than they. (Except Oprah, it's okay for her to have more because she cares!)

Wealth comes from a sound, constitutional government of the people, it is sure as hell doesn't come from the rich.

Oh, well, if WIKI says so, it MUST BE TRUE!

Lol....

Why do the right wingers worship the rich? We all pay taxes, and the poor pay with every purchase. Even those who make little pay on most purchases. What the hell is wrong with a nation in which everyone leads a nice life, and the wealth of that nation is shared. Wealth comes from a sound, constitutional government of the people, it is sure as hell doesn't come from the rich. Again why do the conservatives, and right wingers worship the rich? A rather boring and useless gawd I think.

Warren Buffett : ""[We] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent.”

Mr. Buffett said that he made $46 million in 2006 and was taxed at 17.7 percent, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 percent. It's troubling statistics such as these that fuel cries of income inequality and the deterioration of democracy. However, a new paper by Greg Mankiw entitled “Spreading the Wealth Around: Reflections on Joe the Plumber” elucidates a completely different perspective, citing the Congressional Budget Office calculations." Watson Inc: Do The Rich Pay Their Fair Share Of Taxes?: Eliminate Consumer Debt and Build Wealth

Your 30% comment is disingenuous at best.

just because her salary was 60K does not mean her adjusted gross income (what you actually pay taxes on) was 60K. Even if her AGI was 60K not all of it would have been taxed at 30% because we have a graduated tax scale.

Without knowing what her actual tax percentage was at the bottom of her 1040 (and I'll wager it was far less than 30%), your argument is less valuable than dog shit.

BINGO!!! So the great hue and cry from the wealthy having to pay 35% of their income (boo hoo) also does not mean they actually PAY that amount.

I never said they did.

In fact this isn't the first time I've had to make the same point.

No one and I do mean no one is honest when they speak about taxes.

To say that the so called poor needn't pay income tax because they pay the same myriad of other taxes that everyone pays is a dishonest argument.

You speak of hidden welfare while ignoring the blatant welfare of allowing nearly half of the people in the country to pay no income tax at all.

And Wiki supports the existence of the Easter Bunny!

220px-Easter_Postcard_1910.jpg

Easter Bunny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To listen to the right, Americans are demanding that budget cuts be made in social programs to lower the deficit. Ironically, however, they don't want their taxes raised (or touched) that disguise other forms of "welfare" for which they are huge beneficiaries:

Americans Oppose Eliminating Income Tax Deductions

We also hear a constant refrain from the right that 45% pay no taxes at all, attempting to blame the low-income people alone, when in fact that 45% includes many wealthy people who use the existing tax loopholes to either pay no income taxes, or at least lower their tax obligations to near zero.

Super rich see federal taxes drop dramatically - Yahoo! News

So I question whether anyone is really serious about paying down the debt, which will require sacrifice and pain at all levels. The common answer seen in poll after poll after poll is NO.

a)

can you link to this please?

b)
We also hear a constant refrain from the right that 45% pay no taxes at all, attempting to blame the low-income people alone,

Those were my comments with reference to the links. If I quote something from a link, I put it in quotes; otherwise you may assume the words are my own.

who did you hear this constant refrain from as to blaming low income people alone?

a)

b)

Those were my comments with reference to the links. If I quote something from a link, I put it in quotes; otherwise you may assume the words are my own.

who did you hear this constant refrain from as to blaming low income people alone?

she hasn't heard it.

But she won't stop her from perpetuating the lie.

So you obviously did not read the link, or you'd know it wasn't from KOS, stupid.

AP and KOS are one and the same. AP is openly biased.

But Ii'm glad you said "[my] link doesn't even attempt to claim that the rich don't pay taxes," because I never said that either. Pass it on to your mom, Allie.

Lie much?
My point, which you obviously missed completely, is that people like you bitch and moan about low-income people paying no taxes at all, but never bitch and moan about wealthy people who also manipulate their tax liabilty so that they too owe zero in taxes.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/163654-hidden-welfare-3.html#post3543612

Funny, I'll bet your age exceeds her's and mine combined. (And I'm over 50!)

What a silly unimportant adolescent piece of shit you are. Grow up.

Tell me why should I have to pay more in income taxes when nearly half the people filing pay none or get more back than they paid in?

I pay my share. Last year I paid in over 40K in state and federal income taxes. So don't expect me to feel bad for some fucking deadbeat who didn't pay a fucking penny.

Look at all the contributions the poor make to society. They provide you with cheap labor four your company. They keep your prices low at restaurants, etc..

No one I employ earns less $16 an hour My top paid people (not including me) earn in excess of 90K.

That's totally irrelevant, since no one knows what type of business you have.

That's totally irrelevant, since no one knows what type of business you have.

I pay better than market rates for my employees. According to the trades I am in fact in the 90th percentile for the northeast as far as salaries are concerned

You're as stupid as a fucking fence post, Maggie...

{US Government to Buy GM if it Declares Bankruptcy
Posted by Kim Priestap

Published: May 19, 2009 - 3:11 PM

It really is not a surprise that the US government will buy GM if it goes into bankruptcy. It owns it for all intents and purposes now. Is it possible, though, that that Obama may have learned his lesson regarding steamrolling Chrysler's senior creditors?}

US Government to Buy GM if it Declares Bankruptcy (Wizbang)

Say, isn't that the merger of governmental and corporate power structures? (Fascism?)

"Wizbang"??? :lol: And you don't trust the AP? Omagod you're hilarious.

Hey, stupid, do some real fact checking before you make a further fool of yourself.

General Motors Chapter 11 reorganization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although the Obama administration had initially provided the automaker five years to repay the money in full, in March 2010 GM made more than $2 billion in payments to the U.S. and Canadian governments and promised to pay the full balance of the loan portion by June. The company beat that self-imposed deadline when on April 21, 2010, GM CEO Ed Whitacre Jr. announced that the company had paid back the entire amount of the U.S. and Canadian government loans, with interest, a total of $8.1 billion. The government still has $2.1 billion invested in preferred shares that pay dividends, plus a 61% share of common equity valued at about $45 billion to the U.S. and another $8.1 billion to Canada. Improved sales of new models are cited as improving the company's cash flow and allowing for the early payments. GM is also investing hundreds of millions in assembly plants in Kansas and Detroit, credited for preserving jobs.
If the government wanted to nationalize GM, it sure doesn't look like it. Never did.

Oh, well, if WIKI says so, it MUST BE TRUE!

Lol....

Then use your own dictionary. I'm sure you can find one with pictures.

Your 30% comment is disingenuous at best.

just because her salary was 60K does not mean her adjusted gross income (what you actually pay taxes on) was 60K. Even if her AGI was 60K not all of it would have been taxed at 30% because we have a graduated tax scale.

Without knowing what her actual tax percentage was at the bottom of her 1040 (and I'll wager it was far less than 30%), your argument is less valuable than dog shit.

BINGO!!! So the great hue and cry from the wealthy having to pay 35% of their income (boo hoo) also does not mean they actually PAY that amount.

I never said they did.

To say that the so called poor needn't pay income tax because they pay the same myriad of other taxes that everyone pays is a dishonest argument.

You speak of hidden welfare while ignoring the blatant welfare of allowing nearly half of the people in the country to pay no income tax at all.

I never said that either. What I DID say, or at least invited debate about, is that ALL classes escape paying the full amount of their tax burden either by income formulas or tax incentives. I was not pitting one class against another, simply assigning blame all around. The real point I wanted to make is that NO ONE seems to want their own perks eliminated, and yet they want the budget cut and taxes kept low. And that's not just my opinion; it's based on several recent polling data.

I never said they did.

I never said that either. What I DID say, or at least invited debate about, is that ALL classes escape paying the full amount of their tax burden either by income formulas or tax incentives. I was not pitting one class against another, simply assigning blame all around. The real point I wanted to make is that NO ONE seems to want their own perks eliminated, and yet they want the budget cut and taxes kept low. And that's not just my opinion; it's based on several recent polling data.

What you said, and which is patently untrue, is that the wealthy don't have to pay taxes and actually get taxes back, just like the poor who get earned income credit...

And that's not true. You can pretend you said something else now that you've been exposed as a fraud and a liar, but it doesn't matter. You made a ridiculous claim for which there is no support. If you want to change your stance now, that's great, admit you were lying before, and adopt your new improved stance.

Which will subsequently be shown to be a lie as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back