Hi I am vasuderatorrent

I find your name to be interesting. Care to explain the meaning of it?
:D

Absolutely. Vasudeva is Krishna's father in the Hindu religion. I feminized that name and made it Vasudera. Torrent is a variation of the word torment. Vasudera Torrent is a variation of "Father of Torment". I wrote a book a few years ago under the pseudonym, "Vasudera Torrent". Vasudera Torrent was also the main character in the book. You can't buy that book anymore.

I hope this answers your question.

Hi,

I am vasuderatorrent and I am new here. Any tips that I could receive would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

vasuderatorrent
:welcome: What are your interests?

I have a flock of chickens. I have a total of 27 of them suckers. I try to read a lot of religion and philosophy materials. Other than that I would suppose that I am a pretty uninteresting guy.
Do you sell dressed chickens?

I'd love some free range chicken, and have plenty of room for them, but I ain't cleaning one.

Welcome and believe anything JR tells you and you will be ok here.

Welcome. We've just installed a pool and a pool bar on the forum come by and take a swim.

crazy_people_15.jpg
Dayum, suicide by DUMB????

Do you sell dressed chickens?

No way. I don't have one of those fancy feather plucking machines. I either have to pluck the feathers by hand which takes several hours or cut the skin off which leaves the chicken looking filthy. The American consumer would be repulsed by the sight of an organic chicken. I have cleaned a lot of backyard birds. There is a reason that commercial chickens were bred to have white feathers and yellow skin. White feather residue can't be seen on yellow.

To prepare a chicken for market would take several hours. At $10 an hour I'm sure nobody would be willing to pay for the cost of a backyard dressed chicken. It might be different if I had one of those fancy magic feather plucking machines that make all feathers disappear in 15 seconds and I used chickens with yellow skin and white feathers. However if this topic interest you then you should check this out: (give me a minute)

Foothills Pilot Plant

From the Foothills Pilot Plant website:
"Foothills Pilot Plant, LLC (FPP) was established to serve independent poultry and rabbit growers with USDA and FDA inspected processing of their animals, and to establish best practices for small scale poultry production. The project is guided by the McDowell Economic Development Association (MEDA) Inc. and supported by the Independent Small Animal Meat Processors Association of Western North Carolina (ISAMPA). FPP advisory committee members include independent producers and representatives from McDowell County, the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, and university and research organizations.

The facility processes chickens, turkeys, rabbits, and other specialty fowl on a fee for service basis. In partnership with ISAMPA, FPP also serves as a center for learning best practices for small flock production of poultry and small scale production of meat rabbits. This facility is another step towards promoting sustainable agriculture in Western North Carolina."

You can take one chicken to this place, pay $4.95 and have it processed and stamped USDA approved. That USDA approval allows you to sell that chicken to any restaurant or grocery store in the United States. If I process my own chickens I am limited to 1,000 per year, I can only sell to North Carolina citizens within North Carolina borders and I have to keep a detailed record of who purchased from me. The chicken I sell can't be used by restaurants or grocers. Marion is a perfect location for this type of thing. There are lots of hippies in Asheville that are all about the organic movement. Marion is also very close to kentucky, virginia, Tennessee and South Carolina.

Post at least 50 times to prove you aren't just a drive by, and more tips will be given.

This is my 84th post.
Welcome to USMB,lol. Congrats on having armor that wasn't pierceable.
Only other tips are...don't trust anyone no matter how sane they may seem cuz odds are...they are INsane, believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear;
Watch out for cliques and don't be inducted into any gangs. They will use you then spit you out.

Other than that....good luck.

And, is that you in your avie? You look too intelligent and gentlemanly to be slumming here.

And, is that you in your avie? You look too intelligent and gentlemanly to be slumming here.

Perhaps I am. What the heck? It's Saturday. I could afford a few hours of slumming. It's good for the ego.

Hint: Wearing a tie only makes you look intelligent. Shhh!!

Welcome to USMB.

Make sure you've had all of your shots.

Welcome, first tip, don't sleep with anyone on this board, it turns out really bad.
Very important advice, this ^^^ :lol:

This is going to cause me to cancel some of my plans. It's a good thing that I heard this advice now instead of next Wednesday at 4:35pm. Whew! That was a life saver. Excuse me I have to cancel an appointment for next Wednesday at 4:30pm with one of the forum members.

Forum List

Back