Hey Teach. It's Not About You.

damn…you must be one boring teacher
Reading your posts, I can see why

Good teachers will apply life experiences to make the lesson plan practical

You think a teacher droning on and on about their "life experiences" "makes a lesson plan practical"?

Yeah, maybe twice a year. Beyond that if this is a teacher's idea of "making a lesson plan practical" the teacher is in way over their head.

You think a teacher droning on and on about their "life experiences" "makes a lesson plan practical"?

Yeah, maybe twice a year. Beyond that if this is a teacher's idea of "making a lesson plan practical" the teacher is in way over their head.
Yes I do
Practical applications make the lessons more interesting

You must bore your students to death

I don’t know.
Then, in that case, you are dumber than a box of hammers!.

The school district must assign an identification number for each student usually their SSN. If they don't have one, they are usually illegal and require a 10 digit ID number .

When I was an admintrator, I could tell you how many illegals were in my school to the person. You should be able to access that info for every student you teach.

Yes I do
Practical applications make the lessons more interesting

You must bore your students to death

A teacher droning on and on about their own personal life are not "practical applications".

It's obvious you DID go to school 50 years ago....

A teacher droning on and on about their own personal life are not "practical applications".

It's obvious you DID go to school 50 years ago....
Back then, teachers cared about their students and shared their personal life

Unlike you, who only drones from the book

Then, in that case, you are dumber than a box of hammers!.

The school district must assign an identification number for each student usually their SSN. If they don't have one, they are usually illegal and require a 10 digit ID number .

When I was an admintrator, I could tell you how many illegals were in my school to the person. You should be able to access that info for every student you teach.

If you weren't completely full of crap you would know that public schools have no interest in, and cannot classify students according to, their immigration status whatever it may be. Not sure anything you have ever claimed about experience in education can be believed now.

If you weren't completely full of crap you would know that public schools have no interest in, and cannot classify students according to, their immigration status whatever it may be. Not sure anything you have ever claimed about experience in education can be believed now.

You need to learn to fucking read!

Your page said, "The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prevents schools from releasing students’ education records, including information about immigration status, except in exceptional circumstances."

Who released any education records, you stupid M-F?

You must be an ESL student yourself, because you don't understand the English language.

You are a fucktard of the highest order.

Since you cannot seem to show any intelligence, I will place you back on my "ignore" list!

It's interesting to watch the culture wake up to "Relationships matter" and "classroom culture" in schools--some of which is good, but some of which has frankly gone too far. It has become obvious in young teachers moaning about their inability to share their personal lives with their young students, as in the Florida law.

I have noticed that younger teachers think this is of utmost importance. They start the year with a slideshow, "This is Miss Smith" or some-such.

The kids do not care.

They do not care about your hobbies, interests, vacations. Your spouse, your kids, the fact that you redid your bathroom this summer. They do not care that you are a marathon runner or a bookworm.

The kids want a fair teacher who has something to teach them, who is warm and kind but not a pushover. WHEN that is established as a baseline, and trust and respect is built, and you listen to who they are, then they might ask you questions which teachers may or may not choose to answer.

We have lost our way with all this "HERE'S ME!" business from teachers. If you think the classroom is about you, you are absolutely in the wrong profession.
Yes, very true. I became a teacher in my fifties as a form of semi-retirement. I was surprised that during the endless and repetitive classes that teachers are themselves required to take, we were told to “humanize” ourselves by sharing such information with the students.

That a teacher (married to a high-paid professional) remodeled her house and put in a pool over the summer is not interesting information to a low-income student who spent the summer moving from one crappy apartment to another, just ahead of being evicted for not paying rent, or avoiding a warrant.

Lefties are nearly always people who did poorly in public school and majored in an easy sham degree like women’s studies, diversity studies, or journalism. No doubt they remember their own teacher’s stories of serving in the Peace Corps, much more so than they remember the Pythagorean Theorem.

Yes, very true. I became a teacher in my fifties as a form of semi-retirement. I was surprised that during the endless and repetitive classes that teachers are themselves required to take, we were told to “humanize” ourselves by sharing such information with the students.

That a teacher (married to a high-paid professional) remodeled her house and put in a pool over the summer is not interesting information to a low-income student who spent the summer moving from one crappy apartment to another, just ahead of being evicted for not paying rent, or avoiding a warrant.

Lefties are nearly always people who did poorly in public school and majored in an easy sham degree like women’s studies, diversity studies, or journalism. No doubt they remember their own teacher’s stories of serving in the Peace Corps, much more so than they remember the Pythagorean Theorem.

Don't get me started on what often passes as "teacher education" which I went through in the late 80s/early 90s and which I understand has devolved from there. That's for starters. Also we need a lot more people like you in teaching--people who are not 23, who have some years and experience behind them and are motivated to enter the profession. It's very sad, I am 53 and considered "old" in teaching. It does not escape me that Chuck Grassley is like 88 and running for another term, but at 53 I guess I'm way past my prime. This makes no sense to me, but that's another issue....

Yes endless personal anecdotes in teaching are for people of little imagination and intelligence who can think of know other way to engage students. They are probably also not socially aware enough to recognize the students' eye glaze over again and again as the stories are told.

Forum List

Back