Hey Seattle! How’s that $15 an Hour Minimum Wage Law Working Out For Ya?

Hey Vigilante, Its great. I have several relatives in that area that has been doing businesses since 80s. Two of them own a restaurant in Seattle. One of them is a seafood rest. along Alaskan way.
Your post is just a BULL SHIT and flatly anti min. wage increase.
I made several calls since Friday regarding this garbage and all of them laugh at me. Yes there is wage increases but not auto $15. Maybe you are not aware that this is incremental.

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

Vigilante...here is the actual story linked at Breitbart...it is even worse than they show....

Seattle sees fallout from 15 minimum wage - FOX 35 News Orlando

At the same time, prices appear to be going up on just about everything.

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages. And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income. Workers in the back of the kitchen, such as dishwashers and cooks, are getting paid more, but servers who rely on tips are seeing a pay cut.

From Fox News LOL. All of that came from anti min. wage increase. Read your link. Did it mentioned any particular place or restaurant? All of it just BS.
You know what. From your last paragraph. Name me a single restaurant that has this problem and I will have someone check this out in Seattle. RIGHT NOW.
What a moron, you will have someone check this out? Lmao

Instead of giving me brainless bear anecdote. Why don't you give me a shot and I will prove it to you shithead.
the links are all over the wire brainless has been for 6 months

So know you won a Peabody award? For your journalism skills?

GTFO

You said he said and still clueless

Post a link.

Go ahead and pass a $15 an hour minimum, my liberal friends...but don't come back here wailing about fast food chains being "heartless" when they replace a young person standing behind the counter taking your order with a touchscreen where you place it yourself. You can already see this trend happening with "self checkout" stations at Walmart. You've got to have "bridge" jobs where someone with no job experience or skills can learn or it's going to be even harder for a young American to get that first job.

IT'S HORRIBLE HERE IN SEATTLE. !!!!!

People have stopped eating fast food. All the pizza shops have closed down. Mickey Dee's and Burger King...Jack in the Box....all gone.

It's a fast food waste land.

All on a count of higher minimum wages.

Please someone !!!!! Help us!!!!
these
Send Seattle your un used pizzas and burgers oh ya and fries.

We can buy our own soft drinks.

Thank you.

From my list. Can you pinpoint which Burger King that closed in Seattle because of minimum wage?

N. Sunset Blvd Renton, 4th St SW, 116th ave NE, Aurora N. Seattle, 15th ave northeast Seattle, 4th ave S. Seattle, Rainier S. Seattle.

Well.... none of these burger joints have closed exactly. The pizza restaurants are still open.

OK ...I admit I lied. I feel awful. :lol:

My guess is that with people on minimum wage they can finally afford fast food and the extra business is keeping the chains alive.

One of my girl friends manages a pizza/pasta restaurant in downtown Seattle. They are actually doing fine.

The lesson to be learned here is that one shouldn't believe everything reported on the internets.

See the above, and because a few are still doing OK, doesn't mean most aren't... OR do you think people just write shit to misinform YOU over trivial shit?

Vigilante...here is the actual story linked at Breitbart...it is even worse than they show....

Seattle sees fallout from 15 minimum wage - FOX 35 News Orlando

At the same time, prices appear to be going up on just about everything.

Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge to cover the higher wages. And some managers are no longer encouraging customers to tip, leading to a redistribution of income. Workers in the back of the kitchen, such as dishwashers and cooks, are getting paid more, but servers who rely on tips are seeing a pay cut.

From Fox News LOL. All of that came from anti min. wage increase. Read your link. Did it mentioned any particular place or restaurant? All of it just BS.
You know what. From your last paragraph. Name me a single restaurant that has this problem and I will have someone check this out in Seattle. RIGHT NOW.
What a moron, you will have someone check this out? Lmao

Instead of giving me brainless bear anecdote. Why don't you give me a shot and I will prove it to you shithead.
the links are all over the wire brainless has been for 6 months

So know you won a Peabody award? For your journalism skills?

GTFO

You said he said and still clueless

Post a link.

You started it, show me an evidence that a restaurant closed because wage increase. If you have nothing to prove Shut the fuck up.

Proving once again, FREE SHIT is WORTH MORE than MAKING MORE MONEY BUT losing the FREEBIES!!!...Thank you NeoCommies for PROVING THE POINT!

pjmedia.com ^ | 7/25/2015 | Rick Moran
The first phase in of Seattle’s $15 an hour minimum wage has been in effect for a little more than 3 months and there are already signs of trouble. The wage, to be phased in over several years, is needed, say proponents, because so many workers who have full time jobs are on public assistance. Many companies raised their employee’s wages beyond the $11 an hour mandated by the law, which has led to some curious results. Employees are begging their bosses to cut their hours so they can keep their food stamps, housing assistance, and other welfare benefits. Yes,...

Actually it's working very, very well.

You're going to have to present some honest facts with honest proof of what you claim.

I live in that area.

The unemployment rate is only 4%. Way below the national average.

There's HELP WANTED and NOW HIRING signs everywhere. Those who want a job can find one easily. The standard of living is higher than the national average so is the median income.

So now that you all can't claim that higher wages destroys jobs you're now saying that people want to stay on food stamps and welfare.

Which is such a crock of garbage that anyone with a working brain can see it.

If someone wants food stamps all the have to do is not work. These are people who are already working and want to support themselves.

Keep up the stupid lies. Meanwhile Washington state is reaping a lot of benefits from our higher wages.

He showed you evidence dip shit, now it's your turn.

From Breitbart, no doubt. LOL!

Meh, you fools try to sell us on crap from HuffPo, Salon, and other left wing nutter sites and pass it off as legit.

Forum List

Back