Hey, Sealy!! FOX was right! aka Dodd 'fesses up...finally

I thought I heard yesterday that some who got bonus money have already left. :eusa_eh:

I heard that too. So, what the hell are retention contracts good for if they get the money and leave??

They keep saying these AIG guys are the only ones who can fix the mess they made . . . . I bet not.

I'm waiting to find out why they expempted Merill Lynch.. There is just so much we don't know. Probably a good thing to,, we'd probably bust a gasket.

Truer words were never spoken!!

I thought I heard yesterday that some who got bonus money have already left. :eusa_eh:

I heard that too. So, what the hell are retention contracts good for if they get the money and leave??

They keep saying these AIG guys are the only ones who can fix the mess they made . . . . I bet not.

I'm waiting to find out why they expempted Merill Lynch.. There is just so much we don't know. Probably a good thing to,, we'd probably bust a gasket.

Now there is a good point, me too.

They were trying to scew us huh?

Now you may be begining to understand why regulations on corporations is so nessesary

you used the word regulations. Regulations is plural, so use "are so necessary "rather than "is so necessary". sound it out,, if it dosen't sound right it probably isn't..

Last edited:
how nicely stated WT, thanks for the pointer.

I think much faster than I type and type pretty poorly.

I also have always been spelling and grammer challenged.

They were trying to scew us huh?

Now you may be begining to understand why regulations on corporations is so nessesary

In a perfect world people who run the financial corporations would run them with integrity, morals and ethics and there would be no need for regulations. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world. And even more unfortunately . . . . money fosters greed, money corrupts.

Some entity has to oversee the greedy ones who simply don't give a shit if they screw the brains and wallets out of American people. Government seems to be that entity. Which is a shame . . . . because as money fosters greed, so does power.

There has to be a balance of enough regulation without there being too much regulation. Where's that line? I don't know.

** OT

Hey TM - what internet browser do you use? I just switched to Mozilla Firefox. It's much faster and has a nifty built in spell-check. Regardless of where on the net you are typing it does a spell check and underlines the misspelled word. You can right click and it gives you the right spelling (just like in MS Word). Not giving you a hard time, just letting you know. I love it. I use the dictionary all the time. :)

That plan would have given the CEOs their bonuses and then they would leave to avoid the mess in the future without any more bailout money guys.

I'm so gald you are not making the decisions.

I thought the contracts were retention contracts?

If they left . . . someone else will do the job. Maybe they'd do it right.
truthnevermatters doesnt have a clue whats going on, and has shown that over and over

When I say We, I mean the government, and when I say the government, I mean we.

Since the bonuses were paid for with taxpayer money . . . when they tax them and get the money back . . . can we all expect a check in the mail?

No, because the government spends more right now than they take in.

Maybe we can put it towards the national debt and/or paying for iraq?

Damn, joe taxpayer is left out in the cold again.[/QUOTE]

I thought starting in April, 95% of us would see more on our paychecks from Obama.

I think that's all you can expect back from the gov. Better than the Bush tax breaks. Unless you are in the top 10%?

But no, don't expect everytime they find savings that they are going to mail you a check, because right now the government is hurting for cash. That's why we need the unfair tax breaks to the rich to end in 2011.

Any extra money, the GOP would waste it on defense fraud and the Democrats would spend it on roads/bridges and construction projects that are badly needed. Or stem cell, alternative energy, etc.

That plan would have given the CEOs their bonuses and then they would leave to avoid the mess in the future without any more bailout money guys.

I'm so gald you are not making the decisions.

I thought the contracts were retention contracts?

If they left . . . someone else will do the job. Maybe they'd do it right.
truthnevermatters doesnt have a clue whats going on, and has shown that over and over

No, you seem to be the one who is lost.

** OT

Hey TM - what internet browser do you use? I just switched to Mozilla Firefox. It's much faster and has a nifty built in spell-check. Regardless of where on the net you are typing it does a spell check and underlines the misspelled word. You can right click and it gives you the right spelling (just like in MS Word). Not giving you a hard time, just letting you know. I love it. I use the dictionary all the time. :)

USMB doesn't have spellcheck, so sometimes you are going to see mistakes. No biggy, right?

Since the bonuses were paid for with taxpayer money . . . when they tax them and get the money back . . . can we all expect a check in the mail?

Damn, joe taxpayer is left out in the cold again.

I thought starting in April, 95% of us would see more on our paychecks from Obama.

I think that's all you can expect back from the gov. Better than the Bush tax breaks. Unless you are in the top 10%?

But no, don't expect everytime they find savings that they are going to mail you a check, because right now the government is hurting for cash. That's why we need the unfair tax breaks to the rich to end in 2011.

Any extra money, the GOP would waste it on defense fraud and the Democrats would spend it on roads/bridges and construction projects that are badly needed. Or stem cell, alternative energy, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I'm saving mine so that when the state raises taxes I'll can just fork my 'tax break' over to them.

Is it still a tax break when you don't pay any fed taxes to begin with . . . . or is it welfare?

** OT

USMB doesn't have spellcheck, so sometimes you are going to see mistakes. No biggy, right?

Actually, it is a biggie when a post is riddled with incorrect grammar and misspellings. There are times when I have to read a post many times to even understand what is being said, because of all the mistakes. lol, it's probably just me though. Can you say Monk?

Anyway, Firefox has it built in. Doesn't matter if the board or page you're on has a spell check .. Firefox does it automatically. Proofing what you've written helps too.

Damn, joe taxpayer is left out in the cold again.

Any extra money, the GOP would waste it on defense fraud and the Democrats would spend it on roads/bridges and construction projects that are badly needed. Or stem cell, alternative energy, etc.

Yeah and I'm saving mine so that when the state raises taxes I'll can just fork my 'tax break' over to them.

Is it still a tax break when you don't pay any fed taxes to begin with . . . . or is it welfare?[/QUOTE]

People who make so little that they don't pay Federal Income Tax on their paychecks, at the end of the year, find themselves with very very little left over.

Why is that? Could it be that $40K isn't very much money?

And the other fact is, they pay plenty of Federal Taxes, when they buy things. Gas tax, sales tax, etc.

So it is a lie to say poor people don't pay Federal Taxes.

But its a good thing that they don't pay federal taxes on their paychecks, if that is even true, because then they would be considered the working poor.

They discussed this on Air America the other day. This notion that right wingers are spreading around that poor people don't pay any Federal Taxes, is outragous and misleading. Just short of a lie.

Here is another thing I found on the net:

Last year, I had $1213 in federal taxes withheld from my pay check. After a standard deduction, I still owed $538 in taxes. The fact that I got refunded $705 doesn't mean I didn't pay any taxes it just means that too much money was withheld.

or

You are absolutely correct. In fact, the most regressive tax in the United States is the social security tax. The working poor pay a higher percentage of their income than the rich. Those over $97,500 in annual income(2007 figure) pay a smaller percentage of their income than someone making $10,000 a year.
It's no secret that if they eliminated the ceiling on Social Security tax, Social Security would be totally solvent. But since the rich concongresspersons make the laws, you know that will NEVER happen.

Forum List

Back