Hey Obama!.....Don't you think it's about time you address the american people.......

......ABOUT THE FRIGGIN' PRICE OF GASOLINE SITUATION?

Seriously, this is as big a threat to our economy as anything else. Where is Obama on this issue. What are his plans to deal with it?

Does he even have a plan?

Summer is right around the corner. We all know what happens to prices when Summer comes. We're looking at possible 5-6-7 dollars a gallon. It's a friggin' disaster. What is Obama going to do about it, beyond making ridiculous campaign style speeches like the drivel he delivered on Wednesday?

And, where is the outrage from the Obamabots on this issue?...... Not one word from you gullible clowns. When prices strted spikiong under Bush, you folls were cackling like the one legged hens we all know you to be......Where's the outrage now that it has only gotten worse under Obama?

Hilarious. You can "address" people all you want, but if they refuse to listen.....

I doubt Obama even has a clue as to what this is going to cause. Particularly the loss of jobs, and businesses closing.

Look at long haul truckers, particularly the independents. They are the life blood of moving product in this country. They are getting royally reamed with the price of diesel. Their profit margins are in the shitter.......Look at restaurant owners trying to maintain a 35% and under food cost margin. A margin that absolutely must be maintained to stay open. With food prices, and intangibles the way they are, we will no doubt be seeing closures on a mass scale. That is a hell of a lot of jobs lost....Those are just two examples of many more.

And your solution is.....?

Government getting the HELL outta the way of business...Cut back on Social programs...GET Government (Congressional Spending)...BACK to Article 1, Section 8 Of the Constitution to where Government intrusion is minimal, and people start being responsible for themselves again instead of being dependent upon others at the behest of Politicians that continue to perpetrate the LIE that they're nothing without Gubmint.

Yes, I think we need to think from the inside out...

Or as Tip O'Neill once said, "all politics is local"..................

Seriously, this is as big a threat to our economy as anything else. Where is Obama on this issue. What are his plans to deal with it?

Summer is right around the corner. We all know what happens to prices when Summer comes. We're looking at possible 5-6-7 dollars a gallon. It's a friggin' disaster. What is Obama going to do about it, beyond making ridiculous campaign style speeches like the drivel he delivered on Wednesday?

And, where is the outrage from the Obamabots on this issue?...... Not one word from you gullible clowns. When prices strted spikiong under Bush, you folls were cackling like the one legged hens we all know you to be......Where's the outrage now that it has only gotten worse under Obama?

Hilarious. You can "address" people all you want, but if they refuse to listen.....
Listen to what?

Obama lecturing to people about their right to drive whatever the hell they please?

About how they can't heat or air condition their homes as they see fit?

Obama touting complete BS to soothe his far left base who believe in nothing more than fantasies that will never come to fruition?

How about Obama stop playing politics and deal with the truth. We are an oil dependent nation on many levels. That is not going to change because of some off base far left fantasies......How about he starts acting like a god damn president and start dealing with an issue that is seriously going to undermine this country in many ways if it's not aggressively dealt with here and now?

Listen to what?

Obama lecturing to people about their right to drive whatever the hell they please?

Obama touting complete BS to soothe his far left base who believe in nothing more than fantasies that will never come to fruition?

How about Obama stop playing politics and deal with the truth. We are an oil dependent nation on many levels. That is not going to change because of some off base far left fantasies......How about he starts acting like a god damn president and start dealing with an issue that is seriously going to undermine this country in many ways if it's not aggressively dealt with here and now?

See what I mean. He can't even explain his position on anything without Republicans complaining someone is "lecturing them".

It's like this:

Explain yourself!

Well, my position is that it's impor.....

STOP LECTURING ME!

Listen to what?

See what I mean. He can't even explain his position on anything without Republicans complaining someone is "lecturing them".

It's like this:

Explain yourself!

STOP LECTURING ME!

NO...WJ is telling you something...Holding your ears and screaming 'La La La,La La, La....! "

is idiotic DeanyBub.

Last edited:
Let me explain the deal to you, as I heard it brilliantly put yesterday, unfortunately by someone whose name I can't remember...

This is about supply and demand, and it's global supply and demand. At 4 bucks a gallon, or 5, or thereabouts, Americans start to change their habits and lessen their demand sufficiently to stop the price rise,

or even bring it down. But that's just us. In huge economies such as China or India, 4 or 5 bucks a gallon isn't anywhere near the tipping point for them to lessen demand, and there's little or nothing we can do about that.
Just more of a case to start drilling our own, and worry about our OWN demand.

Face it, there are no other viable alternatives, and none will be viably available for many years to come. Despite what the libral loons try and say. We are an oil dependent nation, and will be for many years......There is no reason whatsoever not to start drilling in mass.

We don't drill our own. We sell the rights to it to oil companies at some of deepest discounts in the world, and they in turn sell it in the international markets.

What can he do? He doesn't control the price of gas and your beloved oil companies have a million reasons why you have to drop your pants and bend over at the pump.

Speculation
Middle east unrest or something
Demand too much
demand too low
Cost of pumping
Its the summer

Its the winter

Did you make the same comment about Bush?

No because Bush was an Oil guy.:cool:
So because you think Bush was an oil guy you had a right to bitch whin and moan? How does that help your wallet now?

"govt getting out the way" isn't a policy position it's a vague dream that can be put on a bumper sticker.

Drilling here won't decrease the price unless the oil co decide they don't need profits that much. We could always have the govt take control over oil pricing but you don't want that. You (righties) just want to complain.

What should he do repubs? I'd like to hear it

"govt getting out the way" isn't a policy position it's a vague dream that can be put on a bumper sticker.

Drilling here won't decrease the price unless the oil co decide they don't need profits that much. We could always have the govt take control over oil pricing but you don't want that. You (righties) just want to complain.

What should he do repubs? I'd like to hear it

Funny thing and the media did spin it, when Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling the very next day oil prices went down 10 dollars a barrel

OH man do I find this article fun

Wash. Times Falsely Blames Obama For Rising Gas, Oil Prices
In a January 18 editorial, The Washington Times wrote that "n recent months, [gas] costs have climbed steadily through $3 and are headed toward four bucks per gallon." The Times blamed President Obama and his policies for the increase in costs, claiming, "Americans have President Obama and his anti-energy apparatchiks to thank for this gouging."

In fact, as Media Matters has noted, experts have pointed to expectations of increased demand and other factors to account for the increase in gas and oil prices.

From The Washington Times:

Drivers are getting dizzy at the pump. That sick feeling is deja vu from 2008, when prices spiraled higher with every fill-up. In recent months, costs have climbed steadily through $3 and are headed toward four bucks per gallon. Americans have President Obama and his anti-energy apparatchiks to thank for this gouging.

The cost of crude oil neared $100 a barrel last week for the first time since the global recession knocked it down from a stratospheric $147 a barrel in 2008 to $40 in 2009. Gas now is selling for an average of $3.09 a gallon nationwide, 12 percent higher than a year ago and up 4 percent in the last month. The U.S. Energy Information Administration reported last week that forecast uncertainties could mean that Americans end up paying $3.50 a gallon during the summer, and $4 is possible.
Wash. Times Falsely Blames Obama For Rising Gas, Oil Prices | Media Matters for America

Then we go back in time around 2006 blaming bush was fair game according to the media.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Consumer gasoline prices continue to soar as the Bush administration places too much emphasis on drilling reserves and not enough on alternative fuels, Democrats said Saturday.
In his party's weekly radio address, Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida noted that Brazil has announced it will achieve energy independence this year, something the United States has sought since the country's first oil crisis in the 1970s.

"In Brazil, drivers are filling up their cars with ethanol instead of gasoline," Nelson said. "And today in America, President Bush says, 'We have a serious problem. America is addicted to oil.'"

Nelson said Bush acknowledges the problem but refuses to enact policies to address the issue.

"The administration's emphasis is on drilling, a strategy many experts say won't make a dent in the U.S. oil problem," he said.

Nelson noted how the United States has just 3% of the world's oil reserves yet consumes 25% of oil production.

"We cannot drill our way out of this problem," he said.
USATODAY.com - Democrats blame Bush for high gas prices

Blame bush good blame obama bad

Last edited:
leadership means different things to different people. So it's one of those things you can keep requesting no matter the actions.

But thats the whole point now, innit?

It's like this:

Explain yourself!

STOP LECTURING ME!

geezus how often did we have to listen to your Queen Pelosi lecture us?.....

No because Bush was an Oil guy.:cool:
So because you think Bush was an oil guy you had a right to bitch whin and moan? How does that help your wallet now?

Stop being a crybaby.

I expected from Bush because was a oil guy. I figured why would a oil guy have a problem with high oil prices.

See? Probably not, you just want to Cry

I'm not the one that's bitter because of the last election. So why would I be cring?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back