Brian Blackwell

Mar 10, 2018
It goes hand in hand with "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain"...

If we all agree to draw straws to see who get tossed into the volcano, and you draw short, how do you have a right to complain? You agreed to draw straws in the first place.

Of course he's YOUR president, you voted to have a president in the first place, and knew the nature of the game going in - corrupt elections and all. The only people who DO have a right to complain are those who reject the system outright and don't vote at all.

We squabble over the sword of power, clamoring around it like naked animals around a trough. But where is the voice of that noble minority who says "bury the sword"? Nowhere to be found in the mass media - that's for sure - and where they are heard, they are chastised without fail for daring to question the cultural indoctrination.

Are we so narrow in our vision that we cannot see the divide-and-conquer nature of democracy? Over every issue imaginable we are made to choose a side and hurl stones across the fence. All the while the richest and most powerful people in the world laugh hysterically on route to the bank. We picket outside the Capital, while the criminals inside peek through the curtains and grin... "Look at them begging... they still believe in our power".

They love to see you picketing. They love to see you on line at the polls. Voting is a census to find out how many people are still buying into the con of politicians' right to rule. You think those with the wealth and power to guide events are going to allow nature to take its course? You think they're just going to sit back and let the people choose their leaders? They are like the parent who offers the stubborn child a false choice: "You're a big boy now, Timmy, you get to choose for yourself - would you like broccoli or peas with dinner?" The child thinks he's made a choice, but the parent wins either way. Timmy is getting stinky vegetables, whichever way he goes.

With big money marketing and control of the media, they present you only with choices that serve their ends. So choose away and feel like you've actually done something. When one party has taken theft and injustice as far as the people can stand, the swing voters usher in the opposing party, which continues the relay race as far as they can until they've worn out their welcome, and it switches again. The left/right march into outright tyranny, with the spirit of revolution being vented by the false "change" of a switch in parties.

You are a joke to them, and this post SHOULD make you mad - but not at the messenger. You've been conned, and no amount of working within the con will free you from getting shackled and fleeced. He IS your president - they all are - because you've bought into the sham hook, line, and sinker. And we'll never get anywhere until we snap out of our stupor and realize that it's not the person sitting on the throne that's the problem, it's the throne itself.

If we all agree to draw straws to see who get tossed into the volcano, and you draw short, how do you have a right to complain? You agreed to draw straws in the first place.

Of course he's YOUR president, you voted to have a president in the first place, and knew the nature of the game going in - corrupt elections and all. The only people who DO have a right to complain are those who reject the system outright and don't vote at all.

We squabble over the sword of power, clamoring around it like naked animals around a trough. But where is the voice of that noble minority who says "bury the sword"? Nowhere to be found in the mass media - that's for sure - and where they are heard, they are chastised without fail for daring to question the cultural indoctrination.

Are we so narrow in our vision that we cannot see the divide-and-conquer nature of democracy? Over every issue imaginable we are made to choose a side and hurl stones across the fence. All the while the richest and most powerful people in the world laugh hysterically on route to the bank. We picket outside the Capital, while the criminals inside peek through the curtains and grin... "Look at them begging... they still believe in our power".

They love to see you picketing. They love to see you at line at the polls. Voting is a census to find out how many people are still buying into the con of politicians' right to rule. You think those with the wealth and power to guide events are going to allow nature to take its course? You think they're just going to sit back and let the people choose their leaders? They are like the parent who offers the stubborn child a false choice: "You're a big boy now, Timmy, you get to choose for yourself - would you like broccoli or peas with dinner?" The child thinks he's made a choice, but the parent wins either way. Timmy is getting stinky vegetables, whichever way he goes.

With big money marketing and control of the media, they present you only with choices that serve their ends. So choose away and feel like you've actually done something. When one party has taken theft and injustice as far as the people can stand, the swing voters usher in the opposing party, which continues the relay race as far as they can until they've worn out their welcome, and it switches again. The left/right march into outright tyranny, with the spirit of revolution being vented by the false "change" of a switch in parties.

You are a joke to them, and this post SHOULD make you mad - but not at the messenger. You've been conned, and no amount of working within the con will free you from getting shackled and fleeced. He IS your president - they all are - because you've bought into the sham hook, line, and sinker. And we'll never get anywhere until we snap out of our stupor and realize that it's not the person sitting on the throne that's the problem, it's the throne itself.

My President is Trump. Who is your president? Mine won.

They love to see you picketing. They love to see you at line at the polls. Voting is a census to find out how many people are still buying into the con of politicians' right to rule. You think those with the wealth and power to guide events are going to allow nature to take its course? You think they're just going to sit back and let the people choose their leaders? They are like the parent who offers the stubborn child a false choice: "You're a big boy now, Timmy, you get to choose for yourself - would you like broccoli or peas with dinner?" The child thinks he's made a choice, but the parent wins either way. Timmy is getting stinky vegetables, whichever way he goes.

My President is Trump. Who is your president? Mine won.

My President is whoever comes up with a Cliff's Notes for the TL;DR OP. :rock:

Btw OP -- I don't remember ever "voting to have a President". That's about the line where I stopped.

And it may be worth noting that most Americans eligible to vote ---- didn't.

• Banned

Btw OP -- I don't remember ever "voting to have a President". And most Americans eligible to vote ---- didn't.

The vote to have a president is implicit in voting for the candidate, just as ordering a pepperoni slice implies ordering pizza.

Btw OP -- I don't remember ever "voting to have a President". And most Americans eligible to vote ---- didn't.

The vote to have a president is implicit in voting for the candidate, just as ordering a pepperoni slice implies ordering pizza.

--- which is why I noted that most people eligible to vote, didn't bother to. That may not address the point directly but the simple fact is, nobody "voted to have a president". It's what we were born with. Complete with all the flaws of Duopoly and EC/WTA that make a causation for the initial observation.

Even after scanning through your entire OP I still have no idea what the point is here. "Stinky vegetables"? I do have some tips about keeping broccoli fresh....

Wingers scream "he's not MY President" now whenever the other party is in the White House.

Silly wingers. If you're a United States citizen, if you live here, he's your President.

Says you, and says him, but I never consented to his rule, or anyone else's. And no, being born and remaining in the place of my birth does not qualify as consent.

Of course he's YOUR president, you voted to have a president in the first place, and knew the nature of the game going in
good call--it was a fair, American, legal election---and NOW they complain??!!!???
MORONS and jackasses!!
they sound like 7 year olds that don't get the Christmas present they wanted

--- which is why I noted that most people eligible to vote, didn't bother to.

Even after scanning through your entire OP I still have no idea what the point is here. "Stinky vegetables"? I do have some tips about keeping broccoli fresh....

The point is that if you support the notion of a ruling class, and the means by which it asserts its authority, you have no right to complain that it's not panning out the way you would prefer.

Wingers scream "he's not MY President" now whenever the other party is in the White House. Silly wingers. If you're a United States citizen, if you live here, he's your President.
Says you, and says him, but I never consented to his rule, or anyone else's. And no, being born and remaining in the place of my birth does not qualify as consent.
Well, I suppose you could reject anyone as "your President", but that's in your mind only.

I can pretend that Mondays don't exist either, I suppose.

If he's not your president then you can't impeach him

I'm not advocating impeaching him, I'm advocating ignoring him and the entire system that supports the existence of a president.

getPart

--- which is why I noted that most people eligible to vote, didn't bother to.

The point is that if you support the notion of a ruling class, and the means by which it asserts its authority, you have no right to complain that it's not panning out the way you would prefer.

OK well then I'm off the hook --- I'm Liberal, so I don't support the notion of a ruling class.

My that was easy.

Of course he's YOUR president, you voted to have a president in the first place, and knew the nature of the game going in
good call--it was a fair, American, legal election---and NOW they complain??!!!???
MORONS and jackasses!!
they sound like 7 year olds that don't get the Christmas present they wanted

I wouldn't say it's "fair" to select one human being to have rights the rest of us don't have. The word "American" only refers to the arbitrary territory claimed by a particular gang, and the word "legal" only means that someone made an assertion and wrote it down.

But yes, the whole endeavor is quite childish, as it equates to choosing a parent to take on the challenges and responsibilities we don't want to face.

Forum List

Back