He's calling a vote.

1696359572628.png

It looks like I had it bass ackwards. My bad.

The notion to table failed.

So now they are debating the Gaetz motion.
Pretty remarkable. I'm 64, rolling up on 65, and I don't recall this happening before in my adult life.

Looks like the McCarthy allies have managed to table the Gaetz motion.

So McCarthy has squeaked by for now, it seems.

Nope. I think it is the reverse of what you say.

This idiot thinks the "house will be paralyzed if this motion passes". Old white men north of Richmond.
1696361177063.png

This vote today is a vote for fiscal responsibility.

That shithead McCarthy is a Democrat Light. He has no concept of fiscal responsibility like the other RINOs and all the damn Democrats.

The coalition of RINOs and Democrats is a disaster for this country. Just business as usual with more debt, more spending and nobody giving a damn.

There is no incentive for anybody in Congress to be fiscal responsible. Just incentive for giving away the store.

God bless Matt for standing up to the filth that are trying to economically destroy this country for greed.

This country will not be destroyed by the Democrats alone. The destruction will come with help from idiotic RINOs that see nothing wrong with the debt and big spending of the Democrats.

There are two villains in this fiasco. The big spending big debt Democrats and the weak RINOs that give the Democrat filth 95% of what they want. Meanwhile spending increases and debt soars.

GAsses is standing up for trump. He wanted a shutdown.

I'm not sure what the gop house is after. Regular order, where each departmental budget is voted upon rather than an omnibus bill "could" be an improvement in controlling spending BY BOTH PARTIES. But it would require an actual compromise with dems accepting some cuts, and the gop accepting that they cannot get any spending cuts through the senate without either eliminating the filibuster or raising some taxes of some kind.

Remember this day if McCarthy prevails. If Republicans ever control the House, the Senate and the Presidency again at the same time the old sidestep will not be tolerated. Progs passed massive amounts of legislation the first two years of Joe. Even with Republican help to get it over and call it bipartisan. Progs do not do that for Republicans. All this GOPe talk.

Remember this day if McCarthy prevails. If Republicans ever control the House, the Senate and the Presidency again at the same time the old sidestep will not be tolerated. Progs passed massive amounts of legislation the first two years of Joe. Even with Republican help to get it over and call it bipartisan. Progs do not do that for Republicans. All this GOPe talk.
I'm not sure what you mean. Generally, electing a speaker is NOT bipartisan. IF McCarthy and the dems tried to cook a deal to keep him as speaker, he'd still need gop votes. But, the gop likely would tie the House in knots ... and imo good reason.

It seems to me that the the gop House is struggling with what is conservatism. Gaetz is Trump's .... ahem ... lap dog. Massie is as close to a libertarian as one probably can be without being hospitalized for being tied in knots.

The "old order" is ending. In 2008 the tea party showed that simply lowering deficits by say .... 2-3% was no longer enough. And today, the dems would never do it anyway. I don't know what will shake out, but Reagan, the Clintons, Obama, and of course Biden are not the future.

Forum List

Back