Heroes in the War Against Torture

How can many be be against torture but say abortion is ok. Makes no sense to me. They say torture is inhumane. Abortion isn't?????????? :confused::cuckoo:

How can many be be against torture but say abortion is ok. Makes no sense to me. They say torture is inhumane. Abortion isn't??????????

Your lack of any logic in your statement is really illogical. But if it makes it okay for your go ahead an pull those fllies wings off to make them walk.

How can many be be against torture but say abortion is ok. Makes no sense to me. They say torture is inhumane. Abortion isn't??????????

Your lack of any logic in your statement is really illogical. But if it makes it okay for your go ahead an pull those fllies wings off to make them walk.

How is what I said illogical? I think it is a good question.

How is what I said illogical? I think it is a good question.

It isn't illogical, it's perfectly logical.. the illogic is thinking it's okay to suck an infants brains outta it little head but not okay to pour water on some guy.. that's illogical.

Idiot.
Haven't we established that this is too high a grade already?

Winners in the war against 'torture':

Khalid%20Mohammed.jpg

bin_laden_1.jpg

080402-Ayman%20al-Zawahri-vsmall.widec.jpg

How can many be be against torture but say abortion is ok. Makes no sense to me. They say torture is inhumane. Abortion isn't?????????? :confused::cuckoo:

Where does she say abortion is OK? :confused:

What does one have to do with the other really? Unless you only want to play a game of disingenuous gotcha on a message board. Yawn. As if proving pro-choice people are inhumane for having that view would ever prove that torture is humane? Oh, you just want to call an individual who has an opinion about torture a hypocrite, so you feel like you win something? :doubt:

They are both difficult complex issues, but it is not AT ALL difficult to see the morality in not wanting to relinquish either power to the government.

What does one have to do with the other really? Unless you only want to play a game of disingenuous gotcha on a message board. Yawn. As if proving pro-choice people are inhumane for having that view would ever prove that torture is humane? Oh, you just want to call an individual who has an opinion about torture a hypocrite, so you feel like you win something? :doubt:

They are both difficult complex issues, but it is not AT ALL difficult to see the morality in not wanting to relinquish either power to the government.

I did not say SHE was for abortions. They are related in the sense of being inhumane. If torture is than abortion is. Simple as that. As far as government control. I'm afraid we are at the tip of the iceberg on that issue. The governmnet is sticking its hand in everything.

and the guys who got the information and saved lives...not heroes...what a world we live in...that some mild discomfort that is not permanent is called torture and those who caused mild discomfort and saved lives are called traitors

I did not say SHE was for abortions. They are related in the sense of being inhumane. If torture is than abortion is. Simple as that. As far as government control. I'm afraid we are at the tip of the iceberg on that issue. The governmnet is sticking its hand in everything.

When people discuss the abortion issue it is in the context of whether or not the government should be able to impose a law prohibiting a woman's reproductive choice, so someone who is pro-choice is not necessarily someone whose morals would actually choose to have an abortion, but someone whose morals do not reconcile with allowing the government to restrict a woman's right to choose. You might note that statistics show that abortion rates have actually gone down since Rowe v. Wade was passed, So I don't think you have an argument that the end result has been inhumane at all.

What about that guy from the Bush-era justice dept., Daniel Levin I think, who was asked to determine whether waterboarding was torture, asked some military guys to waterboard him, was waterboarded, concluded it was illegal torture, and got fired from his post in the justice dept.

and the guys who got the information and saved lives...not heroes...what a world we live in...that some mild discomfort that is not permanent is called torture and those who caused mild discomfort and saved lives are called traitors

The guys who got information and saved lives are indeed heroes and I don't think of those who followed orders and procedure as traitors either. I don't see where catzmeow made either of assertions, btw? We have rules regarding interrogation of prisoners for very good reason, so we should try to understand and support those reasons rather than choose to misunderstand and get emotional as if anyone doesn't appreciate the service of our military and the importance of their mission.

Last edited:

If it only causes mild discomfort how could it possibly so effective as proponents claim?

Please share your experience being waterboarded.

If it only causes mild discomfort how could it possibly so effective as proponents claim? In another thread I read that 100% of those trained with it cooperated. Are Navy Seals such pussies that mild discomfort causes them to cooperate? I wouldn't think so.

Please share your experience being waterboarded.

Forum List

Back