• Mirror of Moveon .Org.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSEThe future of liberty depends on reclaiming America's first principles. "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization," as Thomas Jefferson warned, "it expects what never was and never will be."

Widespread ignorance of American history is but the most recognized symptom of the troubling decline in popular knowledge of fundamental principles.

We face an education system that upholds mediocrity in the name of relativism; an ever-expanding and centralized government, unmoored from constitutional limits; judges openly making laws and shaping society based on pop-philosophy rather than serious jurisprudence; and growing confusion over America's legitimate role in the world, made all the more apparent by the fundamental threat posed by radical Islamists.

At the root of all these problems is a pervasive doubt about the core principles that define America and ought to inform our politics and policy

More
First Principles | The Heritage Foundation

I can't imagine the heritage foundation fighting prayer or creationism in schools because of the 1st amendment or fighting against the PATRIOT Act.

Their real motives aren't clear to me, but I imagine it has something to do with lowering taxes for rich people and deregulating financial markets.

Their ideas about sex education are also more religiously than scientifically oriented, which means I have no interest in them, and they aren't good enough for Americans who aren't Christian.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSEThe future of liberty depends on reclaiming America's first principles. "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization," as Thomas Jefferson warned, "it expects what never was and never will be."

Widespread ignorance of American history is but the most recognized symptom of the troubling decline in popular knowledge of fundamental principles.

We face an education system that upholds mediocrity in the name of relativism; an ever-expanding and centralized government, unmoored from constitutional limits; judges openly making laws and shaping society based on pop-philosophy rather than serious jurisprudence; and growing confusion over America's legitimate role in the world, made all the more apparent by the fundamental threat posed by radical Islamists.

At the root of all these problems is a pervasive doubt about the core principles that define America and ought to inform our politics and policy

More
First Principles | The Heritage Foundation
I believe they are behind the overturning of roe v Wade now 12 years later.

Forum List

Back