Here's How Trump Topped Hillary in the Debate (# 1)

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
1. Lester Holt asked Hillary this >>> "why are you a better choice than your opponent to create the kinds of jobs that will put more money into the pockets of American workers?"

Hillary, (purely an outsourcer), dodged the question entirely. She changed the subject to this >> "That starts with raising the national minimum wage, and also guarantee, finally, equal pay for women's work." Not connected to creating jobs. Then she said >> "I also want to see more companies do profit-sharing." Another dodge. Then she said >> "So let's have paid family leave, earned sick days. Let's be sure we have affordable child care and debt-free college.We're going to do it by having the wealthy pay their fair share and close the corporate loopholes."How are we going to do it? Here, Hillary pretends she's addressing Holt's question about creating jobs, when not a word of it was about that. She says "We're going to do it by having the wealthy pay their fair share and close the corporate loopholes.'' Well great, she finally advanced a proposal (but it's only connected to her dodge, not Holt's question)

Holt then asked Trump >> "Mr. Trump, the same question to you. It's about putting money -- more money into the pockets of American workers."

Trump replied "But we have to stop our jobs from being stolen from us. We have to stop our companies from leaving the United States and, with it, firing all of their people." (Notice that Hillary didn't say a word about outsourcing.) "Under my plan, I'll be reducing taxes tremendously, from 35 percent to 15 percent for companies, small and big businesses." "Companies will come. They will build. They will expand. New companies will start."

Hillary had really no answer to this other than to accuse Trump of being for "trickle-down economics" (but nothing about the job growth from overseas companies coming back to America.

Now Holt asks Trump this >> "Back to the question, though. How do you bring back -- specifically bring back jobs, American manufacturers? How do you make them bring the jobs back ?"

That's funny. wasn't this question that Holt is now asking just answered by Trump ?... when he said he proposed to lower the Corporate Tax from 35% to 15% (which was a major factor in causing the companies to leave in the first place) Is Holt pretending he didn't hear the answer, or his he trying to erase out Trump's answer as if it was never stated ?

Now Trump answers with the second of his proposals to bring the companies back - ie. the tariffs on i,ported goods. Trump said >>> "But if you think you're going to make your air conditioners or your cars or your cookies or whatever you make, and bring them into our country without a tax, you're wrong."

So far Trump has delivered 2 solid answers of SUBSTANCE to the question. Hillary has stated deflection jibberish. Trump then also adds " we can stop them from leaving." He adds "We have to renegotiate our trade deals. Let me give you the example of Mexico. They have a VAT tax. We're on a different system. When we sell into Mexico, there's a tax. When they sell in -- automatic, 16 percent, approximately. When they sell into us, there's no tax. It's a defective agreement. The NAFTA agreement is defective."

Now referring to his proposals of tariffs and dramatically lowering the Corporate Tax, Trump says >> " Secretary Clinton and others, politicians, should have been doing this for years, not right now, because of the fact that we've created a movement. They should have been doing this for years."

Now Hillary, goes into a wordy, rhetorical spiel while providing no real answer to Holt's question about HOW to create jobs>> She said >> "Independent experts have looked at what I've proposed and looked at what Donald's proposed, and basically they've said this, that if his tax plan, which would blow up the debt by over $5 trillion and would in some instances disadvantage middle-class families compared to the wealthy, were to go into effect, we would lose 3.5 million jobs and maybe have another recession.
They've looked at my plans and they've said, OK, if we can do this, and I intend to get it done, we will have 10 million more new jobs."

WHAT "Independent experts" ? 10 million more new jobs ? Really ? But she never said how. we can speculate though that it won't be by anything like NAFTA, or the TPP, both longterm supported by her, or anything her Trilateral Commission or Council on Foreign Relations would advance (all of them being pro-outsourcing.

And we wouldn't suspect 10 million new jobs (FOR AMERICANS) to be made available by bringing millions more foreigners into the country, like the Syrian refugees that she supports bringing here, or the illegal aliens she wants to give amnesty to, and protect in Sanctuary Cities, and give citizenship to with birthright citizenship.

And Democrats are saying that Hillary won this debate ? o_O :dunno: :hellno: Here's my answer to them >>> :rolleyes-41: :laugh:

The first Trump-Clinton presidential debate transcript, annotated

Last edited:

Forum List

Back