Here's all the reasons I can think of why you should be Catholic

Because Rook loves to think of himself as a victim in every possible way he can.

As a lifelong atheist/secularist, I generally get along with and like Catholics a lot - more so than with many other religious groups.

Blackrook, is of course, a fuckwit, and an exception to the rule.
Has it occurred to you that calling me a "fuckwit" undermines your statement that you generally get along with people?

I'm going to guess that there's lots of people you don't get along with.

:lol:

I'm going to guess that I get along with a lot more people in the real world than you do.
This is a political forum, but in every thread you abandon the political argument and make it a personal attack on me. Perhaps you have no political argument, or you think you would lose if you stuck to political argument.

There's nothing political about this thread, and there's no reason for me to not respond to your attacks in kind.
OK, but don't pretend you're better than me.

Why not? You clearly believe yourself to be better than me.

As a Catholic, I'm supposed to be nice to people, that's one of the rules. I believe I'm not doing that very well, and it's even harder to be nice on the internet because you can't see the faces of the people you're talking to.

I realize now that I called theDoctorisIn a lot of nasty names today in another thread, which is probably why he's calling me a "fuckwit" in this thread.

So, theDoctorisIn, I am sorry for all those names I called you today, and if I hurt you in any other way, I apologize for that too.

I think I might have to leave this forum because it's such a temptation to be mean to people, and if I'm going to be a good Catholic, I can't be mean to people anymore.

But for the time being, I will stick around and see if I can convey my ideas, without being mean to people.

If that doesn't work, I will quit.

I knew this thread would bring out the bigots to take pot shots at the Catholic Church. There's a lot of anti-Catholic bigotry in this country, which is majority Protestant, and also we're the least favorite religion among the atheists and secularists.

I'm not sure what makes you think you are the least favorite religion among atheists and secularists. :dunno:
Watch a George Carlin act, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I've seen and heard a number of Carlin's standup performances. I don't really recall him focusing on Catholicism in particular (he seemed to have a general disdain for all religion), but he may have.

However, if George Carlin is how you measure what people think of Catholics, you might want to reassess your position. Carlin has been dead for nearly a decade, you know.

As a Catholic, I'm supposed to be nice to people, that's one of the rules. I believe I'm not doing that very well, and it's even harder to be nice on the internet because you can't see the faces of the people you're talking to.

I realize now that I called theDoctorisIn a lot of nasty names today in another thread, which is probably why he's calling me a "fuckwit" in this thread.

So, theDoctorisIn, I am sorry for all those names I called you today, and if I hurt you in any other way, I apologize for that too.

I think I might have to leave this forum because it's such a temptation to be mean to people, and if I'm going to be a good Catholic, I can't be mean to people anymore.

But for the time being, I will stick around and see if I can convey my ideas, without being mean to people.

too bad your forged religion hasn't used the same option ... without their book they would disappear forever.

What's interesting about this discussion is how predictable some comments are, how mundane, how boring. I guess I need to find another forum if I want to see some intelligent commentary.

What's interesting about this discussion is how predictable some comments are, how mundane, how boring. I guess I need to find another forum if I want to see some intelligent commentary.
What could possibly be intelligent about a religion that mocks knowledge as arrogance?

May God forgive you for judging other members of USMessageBoard so harshly. Say 3 Hail Marys and rake a week off posting, my son.

I was once a devout believer. I prayed the Rosary every day, I spent three nights a week in volunteer activities. But then, it all went to the roadside, and now, I don't pray at all, and I don't do anything for anyone but myself.

I was once a devout believer. I prayed the Rosary every day, I spent three nights a week in volunteer activities. But then, it all went to the roadside, and now, I don't pray at all, and I don't do anything for anyone but myself.

Things change. Not doing anything for anyone except self can change as well, correct?

Its is very inspiring to see the wonderful things Catholicism has done for you.

What could possibly be intelligent about a religion that mocks knowledge as arrogance?
Which religion is that?
The New Testament...
Try paying attention the next time you read every verse instead of the select few verses you're ordered to read.

lol, Catholicism is one of the most BIZARRE cults on the planet, second only to Scientology.

Those are literally the dumbest reasons you could've possibly come up with. Is that supposed to convince someone?

:laugh2:

And untrue. Not worth the time to wade through all that but yeah, its a cult and the rest of #2 - its NOT normal. Its just plain freaky and bizarre. Magic smoke, magic water and they may not go door to door but here she is, preaching and proselytizing.

The preaching here is find. That's what this forum is for but nutty to say you don't preach while you're in the middle of preaching.

I suspect that's more about your politics than your religion. Or maybe you're just made that. There's never been a time in my life when I was not doing some sort of volunteer work and honestly, I never really think about it. Its just part of my life.

What did you expect?

What do you want to hear?

Did you think or do you want someone to just pat you on the head and tell you you're right? cuz, you're not. At least, not by many standards.

so -- what do you want?

Forum List

Back